Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Release Plan

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Release Plan Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Release Plan - 3/9/2010 10:40:44 AM   
Gargantou

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: EisenHammer

I should have gotten (AoD) Arsenal of Democracy a couple weeks ago.

I got it the day it came out. It's a long way off from Distant Worlds, but it works, kind of.

"Long way off"? I don't get it, are you somehow comparing AoD and DW?

I'd say AoD is pretty great considering it's the first commercial game from the team, and the team is afaik solely composed of people whose previous experience is modding. And personally I wouldn't compare AoD or DW since they're both quite different, DW is a space-themed 4X game and AoD is a historical grand-strategy game.

Also, whoever mentioned Star Wolves 3, I'd advise against buying that game, it's mediocre just like the first two games.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 31
RE: Release Plan - 3/9/2010 8:19:46 PM   
ASHBERY76

That is all I have to say.

(in reply to Gargantou)
Post #: 32
RE: Release Plan - 3/9/2010 9:51:25 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargantou
quote:

quote:

I got it the day it came out. It's a long way off from Distant Worlds, but it works, kind of.

I'd say AoD is pretty great considering it's the first commercial game from the team, and the team is afaik solely composed of people whose previous experience is modding. And personally I wouldn't compare AoD or DW since they're both quite different, DW is a space-themed 4X game and AoD is a historical grand-strategy game.

Also, whoever mentioned Star Wolves 3, I'd advise against buying that game, it's mediocre just like the first two games.

What I meant was this: If you wanted to buy AoD to pacify you until DW came out, then it really won't work because the two are very different. That's what I meant by "a long way off." Different. When I said "but it works, kind of", I meant it would pacify you in the meantime. It's ridiculous I have to explain something like this as you clearly seem to have a chip on your shoulder.

If you saw it any other way then I am sorry. Typical forum troubles. I would never compare the two games and to try and do so would be retarded.

Now about the community effort in updating AoD to what it is, I appreciate it very much and have said nothing but good things about the game in other forums.

Now, I'm going over to the Ageod forum to see about the new game Rise Of Prussia.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 3/9/2010 10:03:17 PM >

(in reply to Gargantou)
Post #: 33
RE: Release Plan - 3/9/2010 10:28:31 PM   
x2yzh9

Can preorders get beta access if yall are gonna put it up for preorder?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 34
RE: Release Plan - 3/9/2010 10:51:20 PM   
Sarissofoi

About Star Wolves. 1st was plain fun. 2nd boring. I think that 3th will be better than 2nd meyby better than 1st.
I was wrong. Nothing new. Story medicore at best, some minor change for worse. Bah.
BTW In 1st and 2nd voice acting was bad somitemis terrible but I kinda like it. Now you hear nothing. This sucks.

(in reply to x2yzh9)
Post #: 35
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 3:02:57 AM   
EisenHammer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargantou
quote:

quote:

What I meant was this: If you wanted to buy AoD to pacify you until DW came out, then it really won't work because the two are very different. That's what I meant by "a long way off." Different. When I said "but it works, kind of", I meant it would pacify you in the meantime. It's ridiculous I have to explain something like this as you clearly seem to have a chip on your shoulder.

If you saw it any other way then I am sorry. Typical forum troubles. I would never compare the two games and to try and do so would be retarded.

Now about the community effort in updating AoD to what it is, I appreciate it very much and have said nothing but good things about the game in other forums.

Now, I'm going over to the Ageod forum to see about the new game Rise Of Prussia.

LOL... I know both games are different it's just that I only have so much money to spend on games after paying the bills. And I was saving my extra money for DW thinking that the game was going to be release within a few days since late February. Thus, take up all my game playing time. Now it is going be release in late March a few weeks from now. So I was thinking… damn… could have played AoD for the last two weeks. That is why I made that statement.

One good thing now is that you guys can let me know how good DW is before I buy it. After all, I remember when Amada 2526 first came out, everybody was all excited about it, and I got it as soon as I could. Only to be disappointed by it. I just could not get into that game.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 36
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 3:51:33 AM   
LarryP

quote:

One good thing now is that you guys can let me know how good DW is before I buy it. After all, I remember when Amada 2526 first came out, everybody was all excited about it, and I got it as soon as I could. Only to be disappointed by it. I just could not get into that game.

Well I've been playing DW since June of 2009 and it's excellent. I too bought Armada the day it came out.

(in reply to EisenHammer)
Post #: 37
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 4:28:01 AM   
LitFuel

Oh good lord people...some of the comments are amazing on here. Good art shouldn't be rushed it's an important part of the game too...let them get it right. Do some of you have so little to do in your lives that you can't wait two little weeks. This thread is ripe for the William Shatner Get a Life skit...

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 38
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 4:49:14 AM   
Wade1000

Litfuel,
agreed!

I like your personality in that post.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 39
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 6:05:26 AM   
martok

quote:

ORIGINAL: x2yzh9

Can preorders get beta access if yall are gonna put it up for preorder?

Matrix doesn't put their games up for pre-order. They're different from Stardock in that respect.

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

(in reply to x2yzh9)
Post #: 40
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 10:09:18 AM   
Gargantou

quote:

My apologies, I misunderstood your original post as you comparing the two and saying AoD couldn't be nearly as great as DW!

Also, I have to ask, what does "a chip on your shoulder" mean?

I've heard the term used multiple times but never had it explained to me!

My English isn't the greatest since it's not my native language, sorry!

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 41
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 10:14:55 AM   
Sarissofoi

quote:

have a chip on your shoulder

A person who has "a chip on his shoulder" is angry because of some thing that happened in the past. Example: "He lost his game this morning, and now he has a chip on his shoulder." It is easy for a person to get in a fight when he has a chip on his shoulder, because he is already angry about something else. Example: "Watch out for that guy, he's got a chip on his shoulder." To start a fight, men used to put chips of wood on their shoulder and challenge others to "try to knock it off". Example: "What's bothering that guy?" Reply: "Nothing. He's just got a chip on the shoulder." Example: "Tom had a tough time growing up, so he's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder." You can use the definite article ("the") which sounds more general ("a chip on the shoulder"), but more often people use the personal pronoun ("his", "her", "their") to say that that specific person has "a chip on his (her, their) shoulder."

(in reply to Gargantou)
Post #: 42
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 11:17:30 AM   
Gertjan

quote:

quote:

Well I've been playing DW since June of 2009 and it's excellent. I too bought Armada the day it came out.
quote:

Larry, does this mean that you like DW better than Armada?

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 43
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 11:25:44 AM   
Sarissofoi

If DW is on same level as Armada... oh that will hurt.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 44
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 11:44:49 AM   
Anguille

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarissofoi

What do you mean same level? The only thing common is that they are 4x games based in space...otherwise, almost everything is different.

Cheers

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 45
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 12:37:06 PM   
Gertjan

I mean in terms of quality.

(in reply to Anguille)
Post #: 46
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 12:43:02 PM   
Okim

As i can see DW has much more detailed gameplay and graphically it is richer than Armada (even being 2D).

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 47
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 2:59:21 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan
Larry, does this mean that you like DW better than Armada?

Yes.

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 48
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 5:51:09 PM   
Gertjan

Why in particular?

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 49
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 6:25:38 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gertjan

Why in particular?

DW picks up where all space games have left off.

Four items I love about DW that is above all other space games I have played:

1) Explore. Tons of it too!
2) Customization. You can customize a game just about any way you want to play.
3) In game editing. This puts cheating codes to shame.
4) Multitasking. You can do other things like email and surf while DW patiently waits unobstructed. And for the quality of the graphics of this game, that's amazing to me. I would not expect it from this type of game. I have had very few games that allow this feature and do it well.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 3/10/2010 6:30:57 PM >

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 50
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 9:55:01 PM   
drillerman

Hi Erik,

When can you release some of the manual?

Thanks

(in reply to Deto)
Post #: 51
RE: Release Plan - 3/10/2010 10:08:56 PM   
Terl

quote:

It is not like Armada. I have loved playing DW. I own Armada as well and play both but I like the immenseness and fun of DW and play it more.

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 52
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 3:04:47 PM   
RViener

Erik, Will you let us know when the race art is completed and available?
Bob

(in reply to Terl)
Post #: 53
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 5:03:37 PM   
Erik Rutins

As soon as the art is completed and we have a gold master, I will post here to let you all know.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to RViener)
Post #: 54
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 5:56:10 PM   
drillerman

It's all gone a bit quiet around here all of a sudden. The money I was saving for DW has now been spent on Blood Bowl, God knows why I bought it, but hey!
So now I'll have to wait to buy DW. Mind you by the time I have save some more money I will have read some reviews so I know if it is worth buying whatever it's going to cost(was hoping we may have had some indication of cost by now).

Huh?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 55
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 6:49:31 PM   
Duckfang

quote:

ORIGINAL: drillerman
The money I was saving for DW has now been spent on Blood Bowl, God knows why I bought it, but hey!

I did that too, and I still don't know why.

(in reply to drillerman)
Post #: 56
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 7:15:22 PM   
Tycow

Roll on the 23rd!

(in reply to Duckfang)
Post #: 57
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 9:33:24 PM   
Sarissofoi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tycow

Roll on the 23rd!

E?
What do you mean?

BTW If this Body Blow game is any good?
Look funny and it is Turn Based with rolls. Can you give more info?

(in reply to Tycow)
Post #: 58
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 10:01:25 PM   
Tycow

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tycow

Roll on the 23rd!

E?
What do you mean?

BTW If this Body Blow game is any good?
Look funny and it is Turn Based with rolls. Can you give more info?

Roll on the 23rd means I can't wait for the 23rd to happen, it's a term used when excited about something that is coming up. :)

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 59
RE: Release Plan - 3/13/2010 10:47:34 PM   
Sarissofoi

And what will happen on 23th?
Oh. Silly me. I forget. I thinked(I dont know why) that release will be on 26th.
Haha. Then today I hear good news.

< Message edited by Sarissofoi -- 3/13/2010 10:48:23 PM >

(in reply to Tycow)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Release Plan Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI