Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  659 660 [661] 662 663   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:02:17 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub
Quite fine thank you. It's been a lazy one since my little party on Friday. Just back from a promenade in the wonderful late winter/early spring weather. Picture attached - it's a little hazy (mobile phone cam) but you can get the mood of it anyways.

And you?

Edited: And BTW, stop "sir"-ing me, please. I'm not very used to it and almost always look over my shoulder to see if they mean someone else when that honorific is used

Gorgeous shot, Per. I especially enjoyed the young coumple featured prominently toward the center of the shot. Their closeness and body positioning betrays a romantic involvement, while the distance and clear separation suggests a break, or perhaps a quarrel.

You may have missed your true calling as an artist sir, I mean, dude....umm....bro......Per.

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 19801
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:02:33 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

I do!

You do?! Well why didnt you say so?

Just did!

Oh. Well, duly noted, then.

So there.....Or as my spouse might say "let the record show....."

Post #: 19802
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:02:36 PM   
Grollub

UNP.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 19803
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:05:27 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Can someone help me out?  I need a cup of tea, but Josh has fallen asleep on my lap and if I move he's going to do that crying thing that babies seem so fond of.  Mrs Dixie is asleep upstairs so I need someone to nip over and make me a brew.

Maybe, but then again I tend to make my tea so strong that most people stear clear.
Have Simon come 'round and do it. He can type in that link that you wanted at the same time.

I wonder, do British squid make "navy tea" as vile as our make "navy coffee"?

Not sure, but usually I make my tea so strong that no-one else will drink it.

Ergo, thou art a squid?

Well, If I recall correctly , his Da was a merchant sailor.

Indeed he is, and I'm a crab not a squid. Proudly working for the world's most exclusive airline (i.e We fly almost exclusively to Afghanistan).

Just for Yuri's edification ...The RAF is referred to by British services as Crabs, wearing "Crab blue". In USN parlance , a "Crab" , or more correctly a "Sand crab" is a side talking, side walking scavenging beach creature that means you no good". Better known as "civil service".

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19804
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:08:50 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Indeed he is, and I'm a crab not a squid. Proudly working for the world's most exclusive airline (i.e We fly almost exclusively to Afghanistan).

Yes. I remember Simon explaining the background of the crab moniker in the AAR. But I didnt realize that you guys take so much pride in being associated with crotch parasites.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19805
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:15:43 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Late morning tithe.....

Speak for yourself. It's unconscionably early for me.

Aw , poor baby. It must be nice not to be up at 5am on weekdays?

6, but yes, it was great for the first 2 weeks or so.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19806
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:16:43 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

My apologies. Blastus interruptus.

No problem. Just be sure to clean up. And be sure to wash your hands.

Uuuuuuugggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I dont know what you meant by that.....but I think I may have a pretty good idea.

You have to admit, you did leave yourself wide open!

To a nasty and devious mind, yes.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19807
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:17:05 PM   
Dixie

Better than being one of those fish-heads 

Bigger boys stole my sig

Post #: 19808
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:19:07 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 19809
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:20:39 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Does she have a propensity for making herself sound like Law & Order dialogue?

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19810
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:20:57 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

UNP.

Are yours ever planned?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 19811
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:21:28 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Just for Yuri's edification ...The RAF is referred to by British services as Crabs, wearing "Crab blue". In USN parlance , a "Crab" , or more correctly a "Sand crab" is a side talking, side walking scavenging beach creature that means you no good". Better known as "civil service".

Good explanation.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19812
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:21:54 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

The ones on ships?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19813
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:24:17 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

Does she have a propensity for making herself sound like Law & Order dialogue?

No , more like a JAG dialog. Just don't ask here to conn a ship , fly a plane , or God forbid, shoot a weapon! I can understand he not being able to learn from me (it was bad enough when I had to teach her how to ride a bike at 26) but when she brought a Marine Master gunnery sgt. to tears, then I knew she really was a "difficult student".

Post #: 19814
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:25:26 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

Wasn't there a song about "fish-heads"?

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19815
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:27:21 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

Fish heads, pongo's ,boot necks and crabs. My your lot has some very colorfull terms of affection!

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 19816
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:28:46 PM   
Grollub

quote:

quote:

UNP.

Are yours ever planned?

Not often, no. Only when Logboy is lurking.

Post #: 19817
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:29:16 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

No , more like a JAG dialog. Just don't ask here to conn a ship , fly a plane , or God forbid, shoot a weapon! I can understand he not being able to learn from me (it was bad enough when I had to teach her how to ride a bike at 26) but when she brought a Marine Master gunnery sgt. to tears, then I knew she really was a "difficult student".

I would have just loved to see that.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19818
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:38:41 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

No , trust me you wouldn't. It was really, really ugly. She jammed a M-16, then proceeded to eject all the rounds out of a nine mil. Baretta (by jacking them out one-by-one) thinking she was cocking the weapon. She couldn't understand why after seven try's it stayed open and wouldn't fire. Then she turned to the master gunny , waving the peice around asking "what's the problem?".

Later that year I bought her a Browning 22 target pistol, thinking that if she had her own weapon , she might grow more comfortable. No dice.Apparently she feels it's too complex. So I'm looking for a 22 revolver , like a peacemaker. She loves westerns so maybe she'll feel more comfortable with it. (But she keeps telling me she wants to learn to shoot). I think once we've settled after our next move , I'll find some poor unsuspecting NRA instructor teaching a"women to shoot"course , and sic her on him!

Post #: 19819
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 4:44:13 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

No , trust me you wouldn't. It was really, really ugly. She jammed a M-16, then proceeded to eject all the rounds out of a nine mil. Baretta (by jacking them out one-by-one) thinking she was cocking the weapon. She couldn't understand why after seven try's it stayed open and wouldn't fire. Then she turned to the master gunny , waving the peice around asking "what's the problem?".

Later that year I bought her a Browning 22 target pistol, thinking that if she had her own weapon , she might grow more comfortable. No dice.Apparently she feels it's too complex. So I'm looking for a 22 revolver , like a peacemaker. She loves westerns so maybe she'll feel more comfortable with it. (But she keeps telling me she wants to learn to shoot). I think once we've settled after our next move , I'll find some poor unsuspecting NRA instructor teaching a"women to shoot"course , and sic her on him!

If you run into Sara Palin, you can ask her.....

Disclaimer: That was not political humor. It was a reference to her shooting mooses-es-es and such.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19820
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 5:05:47 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Disclaimer: That was not political humor. It was a reference to her shooting mooses-es-es and such.

Having grown up in Moose country , What ever you think about the ladys political opinons (and I have a pretty good idea of yours), any body who can bring down a moose with one shot is generally credited with being an excellent shot and a pretty good hunter. It's pretty well taken for granted in Maine , that if your not competant, you are going to simply Pi$$ off a moose. And you really don't want to be around angry meese (or mooses). At all. Ever.

Post #: 19821
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 6:15:05 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Having grown up in Moose country , What ever you think about the ladys political opinons (and I have a pretty good idea of yours), any body who can bring down a moose with one shot is generally credited with being an excellent shot and a pretty good hunter. It's pretty well taken for granted in Maine , that if your not competant, you are going to simply Pi$$ off a moose. And you really don't want to be around angry meese (or mooses). At all. Ever.

My grandfather just about got killed by a bull moose that he shot in Alaska. After he shot it in the chest, it saw him and started towards him. He finished emptying his magazine at it as it fell dead (coughing up foamy blood) less than ten feet from him. Don't pi$$ off bull moose!

Kind of like Mongo from Blazing Saddles. Uh-uh. You don't want to shoot him, it'll just make him mad.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19822
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 6:24:00 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good afternoon!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19823
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 6:30:06 PM   
Apollo11

HI all,

Back from our mountain hike... at the top there are still full 60+ cm (25 inches) of snow - the sky was blue and the sun was shining (+3 degrees Centigrade at the top = 1000m)...

Leo "Apollo11"

Attachment (1)

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 19824
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 6:30:28 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Speaking of bull moose running over things in their way, Mr. Halsey-the second turn should be back in your box...

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19825
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 6:45:18 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Speaking of bull moose running over things in their way, Mr. Halsey-the second turn should be back in your box...

And to you , Dr. Andre san! K‰^! ‚æ‚¢’T‹!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19826
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 7:22:32 PM   
Chickenboy

3a over to you, sir. Erm...dude. That's it-dude.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19827
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 8:03:02 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

3a over to you, sir. Erm...dude. That's it-dude.

There was a time when I'd say "don't call me sir, I work for a living!" , the old officer versus NCO thing. Now I recognize that your simply being respectfull to old geezers. And that can't be a bad thing! But DUDE! Do I look like or sound like a Californicator to you?!!! Yuri is a dude! *Among other things! ). I am definately NOT a dude.

3b to you. Banzai! Dr. Andre!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 19828
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 8:46:07 PM   
Terminus

Evenin' all...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19829
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 3/14/2010 8:47:32 PM   
thegreatwent

Sunday afternoon Tithe

Got Johnny Cash and Leonard Cohen playing. Some hot coffee while it lazily snows outside. Working on a couple of turns. Life is good.

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 19830
Page:   <<   < prev  659 660 [661] 662 663   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  659 660 [661] 662 663   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI