Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A preview of what we are testing internally...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:03:11 PM   
Mad Russian

Wade...........once you actually get the game you'll be too busy playing to post so much about speculation.

Try it, you'll like it.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 31
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:05:59 PM   
Wade1000

:) Alright I think I will buy it soon today after a do a few things and sit down again to play and relax.
I like to see that the developers are very active on the forum informing us of their diligent efforts to improve the game. I hope it continues in future.

< Message edited by Wade1000 -- 3/28/2010 4:06:47 PM >

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 32
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:10:39 PM   
lordxorn

SUUUUWHEEETT!!

I am really impressed, and glad that DW is getting all this support!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 33
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:19:20 PM   
Webbco

Thank you so much Erik. Looking forward to patching the game. Will we need to start a new game, or is the patch compatible with the current version?

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 34
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:20:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

The patch is compatible with all current save files and should be available within an hour or so.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 35
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:27:49 PM   
EagleMountainDK

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

We've been testing the update this morning since about 7:30Am and I think it's looking good enough to release as a public beta earlier rather than later. For those of you with economic issues, please note that this will fix them, but it's not an "instant fix" you need to patch and then let the game run and the economy will sort itself out shortly.

Hi Erik,

Would it be better to start a new game or continue an old one?

Post #: 36
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:29:23 PM   
Wade1000

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The patch is compatible with all current save files and should be available within an hour or so.

Holy crap. That is fast.

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.

Post #: 37
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:33:19 PM   
rpwilson1

Erik, in what way were you managing your economy that you were able to deal with the bug? I've tried a couple different things but I can't seem to keep things from going down hill.

I understand that the patch will make the knowledge somewhat pointless, but I must admit I'm rather curious :)

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 38
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:44:24 PM   
Wade1000

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2415254 ('Some economic tips...') (from Erik Rutins)

(in reply to rpwilson1)
Post #: 39
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:50:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK
Would it be better to start a new game or continue an old one?

Either way should be fine.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to EagleMountainDK)
Post #: 40
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:51:43 PM   
EagleMountainDK

Thanks. Damn you are fast 

Post #: 41
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:54:08 PM   
ASHBERY76

The beta is up.

Post #: 42
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 4:54:13 PM   
tgb

I consider my current game a "learning game", so once the patch is out I'll start over and play for keeps.

Post #: 43
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 5:00:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

The public beta update is now available, please see the pinned threads in this forum and/or the tech support sub-forum.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 44
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 5:04:25 PM   
Krafty

You guys are speed demons!

Post #: 45
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 6:07:21 PM   
2ndACR

This is typical Matrix speed......the greatest company around when it comes to supporting their games. Now if only DR will hurry and verify my info with the bank I can start playing this jewel. After all the games I have bought, with that card you would think they would pass it thru.

(in reply to Krafty)
Post #: 46
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 6:47:21 PM   
Wade1000

Although, it makes me wonder how rushed the game was...even though I said this earlier:
quote:

I like to see that the developers are very active on the forum informing us of their diligent efforts to improve the game. I hope it continues in future.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 47
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 6:53:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

I wish we hadn't needed a quick update, but the game was not rushed. We were waiting on the final art for a while, the code was (as far as we could tell) solid.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 48
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 7:03:03 PM   
Wade1000

Alright. Thanks for your efforts. I can accept that you all saw the game as solid. I'm glad that it was fixed so fast. :)

Post #: 49
RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... - 3/28/2010 7:29:39 PM   
JosEPhII

Wade!

You're Not playing Yet!

C'mon man! Get with it!

JosEPh

"old and slow.....Watch out!"

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 50
Thank you - RE: A preview of what we are testing intern... - 3/28/2010 7:35:34 PM   
Kabbers

Hi Erik and DW Team,

A heartfelt thanks and thumbs up for working to deliver for us a beta over the weekend.

I do the same in my line of work sometimes as well, so I have an idea of the personal/professional boundaries you may have crossed to be here delivering a beta on a Sunday today. It's so incredibly nice for me to be a customer and having someone do this for me, and the weekends are a big opportunity to relax and play games, certainly for some of us away from our weekday cares and business drives - so this is a gift, thank you.

Now back to it for me!
x Kabbers

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 51
RE: Thank you - RE: A preview of what we are testing in... - 3/28/2010 8:02:42 PM   
shallnavy

Wow ... thank you guys so much! I can't believe you gentlemen did this over the weekend. Makes me feel even better about my decision to purchase DW, knowing that it is a product that's actually cared about and improved.

(in reply to Kabbers)
Post #: 52
RE: Thank you - RE: A preview of what we are testing in... - 3/28/2010 8:05:19 PM   
Krafty

Yeah to be honest, I build at such a snails pace in 4x games that I never noticed the economy bug, though it was there, and occassionally there would be a year or two (10-20 minutes game time) where id be broke because luxuries werent moving right for another year or two, then itd go back to normal, I thought that was sorta WAD, my citizens were just idiots for a few years, most real world economies rise and fall, if I was a QA tester on this game, id prolly have missed that one entirely..

When I read "epic" and game time is measured in days, I figure thousands of years, or 100+ hours of game time. 20 more hours or so to complete than itd take you to get 100% in Fallout 3 or Metriod Prime. Having 20 colonies in 20 minutes wasnt something I thought the game was designed to do, so I didnt do it, and didnt notice the bug, where as my friend who bought the game, noticed it right off the bat, trying to colonize like you do in Space Empires IV.

(in reply to Kabbers)
Post #: 53
RE: Thank you - RE: A preview of what we are testing in... - 3/28/2010 9:55:40 PM   
Sarissofoi

It was something like that for me too.
I start playing without reading manual, plaing tutorial or looking in to Galactopedia. I start with Harsh planet(very poor) and keep bankrupting until I get a spine and simply flow with this. I blame more my lack of game mechanics or my mistakes that something else. But later when I gain some exp I start noticing that my economy start broking without reason at all.
But yeah something like that shouldnt pass betatesters.

(in reply to Krafty)
Post #: 54
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: A preview of what we are testing internally... Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI