Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dissapearing squadron

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Dissapearing squadron Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dissapearing squadron - 7/15/2002 11:56:56 AM   
strollen

The Saratoga was lost in a CV battle 6 hexs from Noumea, and 2 hexs from an level 1 base on the island. The manual says that planes finding there carrier sunk will attempt to land on another airfield that is within the remaining range.

However, the Wildcats aboard simply disappeared. 28 of the 36 F4F were up on CAP, leaving 8 on board ship. The intelligence report says I lost 8 Wildcats. All of this makes sense. But no Wildcats squadron is on an airfield or part of the air unit list.

So either the intelligence report is wrong, or the squadron simply dissappeared. Since it is a PBEM game I have save files, if Erik or whomever need them.
Post #: 1
Carrier planes... - 7/16/2002 5:04:36 AM   
Erik Rutins

Strollen,

The lost planes don't show up as operational losses or any other kind of loss? Very strange. Please send a zipped save file to me at [email]erikr@matrixgames.com[/email]. Include the password necessary to generate the replay (and the problem) from the last orders save. Having just the replay or the orders afterwards will not be helpful in investigating the cause.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to strollen)
Post #: 2
- 7/16/2002 11:07:35 AM   
strollen

file sent. thanks for the quick response. Considering my level bomber made hash of his CV and CVL, (they latter sunk) losing the extra Wildcats isn't a big deal. Just weird

(in reply to strollen)
Post #: 3
- 7/18/2002 10:04:52 AM   
Joe Kemper

I have had a similar situation. I believe what happens is if the aircraft carrier is sunk in the initial round of combat the remnants are removed completely. They don't show up on other carriers nor bases within range. Also they do not get counted in losses, either combat or operational. The lost squadrons show up as reinforcements at a much later date and all at the same time.

If the carrier survives the initial round, the remnants are handled correctly.

(in reply to strollen)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Dissapearing squadron Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI