Dissapearing squadron (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

strollen -> Dissapearing squadron (7/15/2002 11:56:56 AM)

The Saratoga was lost in a CV battle 6 hexs from Noumea, and 2 hexs from an level 1 base on the island. The manual says that planes finding there carrier sunk will attempt to land on another airfield that is within the remaining range.

However, the Wildcats aboard simply disappeared. 28 of the 36 F4F were up on CAP, leaving 8 on board ship. The intelligence report says I lost 8 Wildcats. All of this makes sense. But no Wildcats squadron is on an airfield or part of the air unit list.

So either the intelligence report is wrong, or the squadron simply dissappeared. Since it is a PBEM game I have save files, if Erik or whomever need them.

Erik Rutins -> Carrier planes... (7/16/2002 5:04:36 AM)

Strollen,

The lost planes don't show up as operational losses or any other kind of loss? Very strange. Please send a zipped save file to me at [email]erikr@matrixgames.com[/email]. Include the password necessary to generate the replay (and the problem) from the last orders save. Having just the replay or the orders afterwards will not be helpful in investigating the cause.

Regards,

- Erik

strollen -> (7/16/2002 11:07:35 AM)

file sent. thanks for the quick response. Considering my level bomber made hash of his CV and CVL, (they latter sunk) losing the extra Wildcats isn't a big deal. Just weird

Joe Kemper -> (7/18/2002 10:04:52 AM)

I have had a similar situation. I believe what happens is if the aircraft carrier is sunk in the initial round of combat the remnants are removed completely. They don't show up on other carriers nor bases within range. Also they do not get counted in losses, either combat or operational. The lost squadrons show up as reinforcements at a much later date and all at the same time.

If the carrier survives the initial round, the remnants are handled correctly.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI