Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

R.K. Turner in Lunga Invasion

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> R.K. Turner in Lunga Invasion Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
R.K. Turner in Lunga Invasion - 7/14/2002 10:08:51 PM   
Coleman

I'm Allies in scenario #16 in early July. Richmond Kelly Turner appears as Phib commander HQ in Noumea. My question is: should Turner embark aboard a ship to take personal command of the Guadalcanal invasion force or should he remain in Noumea? I'd like to put him on a ship because that's what was done historically, but I'm not sure I'd gain anything by doing so. Is there any advantage? If not, I think he should have remained in the commander's pool so that I could assign him command of the task force that puts Vandergrift & co. on the beach. The manual states that ground units get an advantage being in company with an HQ (I assume Gen. Vandergrift will fill the bill nicely:) ) But what about the Navy. The commander's presence should improve the efforts of the TF by through the effects of the commander's ratings. Does Richmond Kelly Turner get underway or not? If not, how close to the action does he have to be to help troop/TF performance?
Post #: 1
Good Question ! - 7/14/2002 10:28:47 PM   
Black Cat

I`d like to know more about that as well.

(in reply to Coleman)
Post #: 2
I was thinking the same thing. - 7/14/2002 11:38:17 PM   
Ron Saueracker

This HQ thing has left my a bit confused. In hex, within a number of hexes etc.:confused:

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

(in reply to Coleman)
Post #: 3
- 7/15/2002 3:06:55 PM   
Coleman

Does no one have an answer:confused: If Turner has no effect on naval units I suggest that his shore command be terminated in the next patch so that he may be used as a task force commander.
Matrix/2by3 -- how about an answer?

(in reply to Coleman)
Post #: 4
- 7/15/2002 3:10:04 PM   
Rob Roberson

ITs the weekend give em some time.

(in reply to Coleman)
Post #: 5
- 7/15/2002 4:54:14 PM   
Raverdave

Send him to sea! I hate seeing these remf's posing around Noumea, chatting up the Nurses, eating good food, having hot showers for crying-out loud! Sod it ! Send him to sea!:D

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to Coleman)
Post #: 6
HQs... - 7/16/2002 4:48:04 AM   
Erik Rutins

Per the manual (p. 96), Division HQs provide a 20% bonus to Ground Combat for units they are in the same hex with. Corps HQs (such as Turner in III Amphibious) provide a 10% bonus to Ground Combat for units within six hexes.

Also, per p.97, ground units suffer disruption if not within 27 hexes of their HQ (unless assigned to a theater HQ). They also halve disruption after normal recovery if their HQ is in the same hex and the HQ passes a leadership test.

I believe there are various leadership/inspiration/ground combat skill checks built into these and other functions, but the above are the key factors and anything beyond that would require a look at the code. :)

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Coleman)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> R.K. Turner in Lunga Invasion Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI