Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retrofit Star bases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Retrofit Star bases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 11:36:59 AM   
Hwitt9

Hello,
I am confused. How can I retrofit star bases, e.g., ressortbases, defensebases, research bases etc.? There seems to be no option retrofit for these bases.
If the star bases are on "automatic" , does occur then retrofit then also automatically?
And how is this with the "private bases and ships"?
I am very confused.
Post #: 1
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 1:13:26 PM   
Mark Weston

For state-owned starbases (I think that's space ports, research bases, in fact everything except mining bases) you simply right-click on the starbase and retrofit is there on the menu.

(it would be much easier though if you didn't have to tour round the galaxy clicking on them one by one).

(in reply to Hwitt9)
Post #: 2
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 1:15:43 PM   
Hyfrydle

Just use the starbase hot key then select and retrofit the base I think it's M but I might be wrong it's in the Galactopedia. This cycles each base in turn.

(in reply to Mark Weston)
Post #: 3
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 1:27:58 PM   
Mark Weston

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hyfrydle

Just use the starbase hot key then select and retrofit the base I think it's M but I might be wrong it's in the Galactopedia. This cycles each base in turn.

Yes, that's what I meant by touring the galaxy. The thing is you still have to zoom in to the right level and find the starbase in all the on-screen clutter that's always hanging round colonies and their space ports. And not be interrupted by new events. This is the kind of admin task that begs to be done from a summary listing, ideally for multiple ships/bases at once.

(in reply to Hyfrydle)
Post #: 4
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 1:40:54 PM   
Hyfrydle

Yeah you should be able to shift select a group and do them all at once this would make sense for a number of other areas too. Once your empire grows tasks like this become unmanageable.

(in reply to Mark Weston)
Post #: 5
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 2:06:39 PM   
forsaken1111

When you tell a base to refit, who builds the new components? What if the base doesn't have a construction yard?

(in reply to Hyfrydle)
Post #: 6
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 2:29:52 PM   
Hwitt9

The problem is, that with a right-click on a star base, e.g. of a defense base, the option retrofit does not exist. I can only scrap this base. Only with star post I can select retrofit.

(in reply to forsaken1111)
Post #: 7
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 2:42:19 PM   
forsaken1111

Indeed, I think that is because those bases do not have a construction component. It would be nice if a construction ship could oversee the refit.

(in reply to Hwitt9)
Post #: 8
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 2:59:31 PM   
solops

Also, if anything is in construction at the base the refit order will be ignored and will not be queued. This is particularly irritating since the game will not always let you take a base "off" automatic prodution.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to forsaken1111)
Post #: 9
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/1/2010 4:28:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

Bases that are not on an inhabited planet cannot currently be retrofitted, they're assumed to be too large and complex for an in-place retrofit by construction ships once they are functional, but perhaps that assumption should change. Right now, indeed, you need to scrap them and then build a new one of the latest design. Ships can retrofit at any shipyard and bases on inhabited planets can retrofit as well.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 10
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/2/2010 11:14:35 AM   
Aelfric

Erik,

I built three defense bases around my home planets (did so by right-clicking the planet itself) but once new technology appeared, I only had the option to scrap them. Is this intended? I thought, based on what you mentioned in above post, I would be able retrofit these bases since they were built on an inhabited planet.

This is with version 1.02, by the way.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 11
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/2/2010 12:27:41 PM   
Okim

The scrap-then-build system is acceptable to me, but the fact that you cannot do the same to mining stations makes advanced mining components a bit useless. By the time i develop these advanced devices i already have expanded to the point where there is no need/way to build more mining stations. Using editor each time i wish to 'scrap' such station is a solution, but it doesn`t seem right.

(in reply to Aelfric)
Post #: 12
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/2/2010 12:28:15 PM   
Athalian

Did you uppgrade the design?

(in reply to Aelfric)
Post #: 13
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 4/3/2010 7:32:29 AM   
forsaken1111

It would be nice if civilian ships and stations (mining bases for example) would refit themselves if money was available in the civilian sector. It makes sense.

(in reply to Athalian)
Post #: 14
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 11/13/2011 9:03:37 PM   
Sithuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Bases that are not on an inhabited planet cannot currently be retrofitted, they're assumed to be too large and complex for an in-place retrofit by construction ships once they are functional, but perhaps that assumption should change. Right now, indeed, you need to scrap them and then build a new one of the latest design. Ships can retrofit at any shipyard and bases on inhabited planets can retrofit as well.

Erik: Please tell me that we can retrofit deep space starbases in Legends.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 15
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 11/13/2011 9:40:00 PM   
Silex

that would be a good idea, even if it's expensive or and need build ship

rebuild is pain in the ass on big map :)

that would be nice if civilian was able to order retrofit for their ship and base too

one last thing (bug i just saw), that would be a good idea if civilian ship repairs their ship themself, or have an option to STOP them, in fact if they have dammage, but not enough to not be able to move, you just can repair them, they just continue to move ....

< Message edited by Silex -- 11/13/2011 9:44:27 PM >

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 16
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 11/13/2011 11:32:44 PM   
Gelatinous Cube

Making you re-build them seems like it should only be viable if the automation takes that into account. I'm not sure i've ever seen the AI retrofit (or rather, scrap/rebuild) my deep-space stations.

(in reply to Silex)
Post #: 17
RE: Retrofit Star bases - 11/15/2011 7:25:04 AM   
Sithuk

I should elaborate on why I would like the deep space starbase retrofit option. In a recent game I've inherited a few deep space starbases through exploration. They are gas miners and have accumulated a significant quantity of fuel and other resources in their cargo bays. I don't want to lose the resources by scrapping them just because I want to add a Long Range scanner.

(in reply to Gelatinous Cube)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Retrofit Star bases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI