Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

More of the great music for even more variety, please.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> More of the great music for even more variety, please. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/1/2010 6:12:22 PM   
Wade1000

More of the great music for even more variety, please.

-Please add more of the great epic orchestra music and the relaxing piano music. It's great that the music is similiar to the music of Star Wars and other similiar music and science fiction.
Maybe more piano music like in Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' series, which as I understand it is a version of 'Heaven and Hell' by Vangelis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7n71pm0K04
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vangelis+heaven+and+hell&aq=f

Wish list:population centers beyond planetary(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture):Ships,Ring Orbitals,Sphere Orbitals,Ringworlds,Sphereworlds;ability to create & destroy planets,population centers,stars;AI competently using all advances & features.
Post #: 1
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/1/2010 7:37:11 PM   
Hertston

On the subject of music, can somebody tell me what game 'DistantWorldsTheme' (with another name presumably) has been used in before? I'm sure it's not original to DW, but it's driving me nuts not being able to remember every time I hear it.

< Message edited by Hertston -- 4/1/2010 7:38:09 PM >

(in reply to Wade1000)
Post #: 2
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/1/2010 7:54:43 PM   
VarekRaith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hertston

On the subject of music, can somebody tell me what game 'DistantWorldsTheme' (with another name presumably) has been used in before? I'm sure it's not original to DW, but it's driving me nuts not being able to remember every time I hear it.

It sounds so familiar...

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 3
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/2/2010 2:53:54 AM   
Firehawk153

I agree; I enjoy the orchestral score as well.

Hertston, I'm not sure about the theme music but I could swear that some of the music in Distant Worlds I've either heard before in either the game Distant Guns or Jutland by Storm Eagle Studios.

(in reply to VarekRaith)
Post #: 4
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/2/2010 5:27:48 AM   
Hertston

Jutland! Yes, that's it. Thanks.

(in reply to Firehawk153)
Post #: 5
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/2/2010 6:12:24 AM   
HsojVvad

One space musicy music I like is from Mike Oldfield. Songs of a Distant Earth. Based on a book written by Arthur C Clarke. I love the soundtrack. Not shure if this would be anygood for DW, but some parts of the album are just awsome for the game.

Here is the first song from The Songs of a Distant Earth.

Let there be Light

< Message edited by Davor -- 4/2/2010 6:26:21 AM >

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 6
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/2/2010 10:10:22 AM   
Gertjan

I like the suggestion to expand the music!

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 7
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 4/2/2010 10:43:13 AM   
Hertston

The game will play whatever .mp3s you stick in the music folder, so expansion with whatever you like is easy. You need to keep 'DistantWorldsTheme' in as that's the one it starts with (and even then you could presumably just change the name of another file).

< Message edited by Hertston -- 4/2/2010 10:46:07 AM >

(in reply to Gertjan)
Post #: 8
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 12/6/2014 7:37:50 PM   
rxnnxs

hello there,

i did a search before making a new thread and then, when looking for similar threads, found this one.
maybe you like some of this good old music:

-> OST - Alien (1979) - Jerry Goldsmith

i really enjoy playing DW with this music and star trek and the original music. its a good variation to the original that sounds too familiar after some hours of playing.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 9
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 12/8/2014 5:52:52 AM   
Zap

would moody blues music work?

(in reply to rxnnxs)
Post #: 10
RE: More of the great music for even more variety, please. - 12/8/2014 6:44:40 AM   
Darkspire

Check out 'Space Ambient' in the Repository in my signature below

Darkspire

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> More of the great music for even more variety, please. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI