Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Max tech shield problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Max tech shield problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Max tech shield problem - 4/3/2010 3:35:51 AM   
Pulas

Hi!

I ran into the problem of reaching the max tech shield (z4 megatron i think) which replaces all previous shields. Now while it does have a 0.2 better recharge rate than the previous one, it also has 1/3 the strength, which is quite a bad trade imho. Is there any way not to use these? I think not, but i also think this might be a bug.

Same goes with reactors, nova core replaces all the others for me, (with the race that gets them as a unique) even when the researched ones are far superior.
Post #: 1
RE: Max tech shield problem - 4/3/2010 3:54:41 AM   
HsojVvad

When you make designs for ships or what ever, click on the box, top left I believe, I think it says something like, use previous tech. Try that, and then you can use older tech.

(in reply to Pulas)
Post #: 2
RE: Max tech shield problem - 4/3/2010 8:42:51 AM   
Fishman

The Megatrons are actually good shields even in the end game under specific conditions where regeneration is more important than power, like shielding bases in drain zones. They're also pretty awesome through most of the game, which is why they're a racial tech. It isn't until you get into the really high end shields that their regen rates can even compete. The NovaCore is somewhat less of an awesome reactor, but still way better than the early fissions.

(in reply to HsojVvad)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Max tech shield problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI