Max tech shield problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

Pulas -> Max tech shield problem (4/3/2010 3:35:51 AM)

Hi!

I ran into the problem of reaching the max tech shield (z4 megatron i think) which replaces all previous shields. Now while it does have a 0.2 better recharge rate than the previous one, it also has 1/3 the strength, which is quite a bad trade imho. Is there any way not to use these? I think not, but i also think this might be a bug.

Same goes with reactors, nova core replaces all the others for me, (with the race that gets them as a unique) even when the researched ones are far superior.

HsojVvad -> RE: Max tech shield problem (4/3/2010 3:54:41 AM)

When you make designs for ships or what ever, click on the box, top left I believe, I think it says something like, use previous tech. Try that, and then you can use older tech.

Fishman -> RE: Max tech shield problem (4/3/2010 8:42:51 AM)

The Megatrons are actually good shields even in the end game under specific conditions where regeneration is more important than power, like shielding bases in drain zones. They're also pretty awesome through most of the game, which is why they're a racial tech. It isn't until you get into the really high end shields that their regen rates can even compete. The NovaCore is somewhat less of an awesome reactor, but still way better than the early fissions.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI