Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Has Anyone Tried....?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Has Anyone Tried....? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Has Anyone Tried....? - 4/3/2010 4:32:45 AM   
McBearCat

Hi All,

Has anyone tried the game variations where you set everything to automation and then select to be only an explorer...or the head of a fleet...or in charge of nothing but espionage and spying? Its actually lots of fun and a great way to slowly learn how everything works.

Happy Gaming...

John
Post #: 1
RE: Has Anyone Tried....? - 4/3/2010 5:16:47 AM   
JonathanStrange

Sounds interesting; I was wondering if anyone had done that and just seen how it all shook out in the end: did their empire win the wars while they commanded a couple of anti-pirate destroyers? 

The opinions expressed by JonathanStrange are solely those of JonathanStrange and do not reflect the opinions of Matrix Games, the forum members of Matrix Games, the forum moderators, or JonathanStrange.

(in reply to McBearCat)
Post #: 2
RE: Has Anyone Tried....? - 4/3/2010 5:50:42 AM   
McBearCat

Hi,

Well actually I am playing the explorer option at the moment and it is set up in sandbox mode with a huge universe. I have only heard of one other race of aliens being discovered and when I got the message I flew my ship to that area and looked around...:) I have discovered, as an explorer, a lot of ruins. One was trapped with explosives which forced me back to my home planet for repairs. I also met some pirates who rather forced me into a diplomatic agreement with them versus having them clean my ship's clock...:)

It's an easy way to learn the game without being inundated with other things to worry about. I'll probably play these different select gaming modes until I have a total understanding of the game...:)

(in reply to JonathanStrange)
Post #: 3
RE: Has Anyone Tried....? - 4/3/2010 5:54:29 AM   
McBearCat

And I just recognized your name...you must have read the Susanna Clarke novel...:) I finished it two weeks ago...a very good book..:)

(in reply to McBearCat)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Has Anyone Tried....? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI