Has Anyone Tried....? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

McBearCat -> Has Anyone Tried....? (4/3/2010 4:32:45 AM)

Hi All,

Has anyone tried the game variations where you set everything to automation and then select to be only an explorer...or the head of a fleet...or in charge of nothing but espionage and spying? Its actually lots of fun and a great way to slowly learn how everything works.

Happy Gaming...

John

JonathanStrange -> RE: Has Anyone Tried....? (4/3/2010 5:16:47 AM)

Sounds interesting; I was wondering if anyone had done that and just seen how it all shook out in the end: did their empire win the wars while they commanded a couple of anti-pirate destroyers? 

McBearCat -> RE: Has Anyone Tried....? (4/3/2010 5:50:42 AM)

Hi,

Well actually I am playing the explorer option at the moment and it is set up in sandbox mode with a huge universe. I have only heard of one other race of aliens being discovered and when I got the message I flew my ship to that area and looked around...:) I have discovered, as an explorer, a lot of ruins. One was trapped with explosives which forced me back to my home planet for repairs. I also met some pirates who rather forced me into a diplomatic agreement with them versus having them clean my ship's clock...:)

It's an easy way to learn the game without being inundated with other things to worry about. I'll probably play these different select gaming modes until I have a total understanding of the game...:)

McBearCat -> RE: Has Anyone Tried....? (4/3/2010 5:54:29 AM)

And I just recognized your name...you must have read the Susanna Clarke novel...:) I finished it two weeks ago...a very good book..:)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI