Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Expansion Planner

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Expansion Planner Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Expansion Planner - 3/28/2010 4:57:39 PM   
lordxorn

I guess in the case of the tab Your Demand, then no it is kind of redundant. It is helpfull when you sort by other tabs though.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 31
RE: Expansion Planner - 3/28/2010 5:02:14 PM   
Webbco

Thanks lordxorn 

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 32
RE: Expansion Planner - 4/3/2010 6:00:53 PM   
llyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: shinobu
... I'm wondering- there ARE colonizable worlds that are not listed in the colony planner. Why doesn't it list EVERY possible world your species could exist on?

I second that. Happened in almost each of the games I played until now.

It only happens with independent races added to my culture. For example: I play as Kiadian, and got the Securans and Shandar into my culture. Each time I integrate a new culture I happily consult the expansion planner to see what new planets have become available for colonization. I should now be able to see all colonizable desert and volcanic planets/moons. However, some do show up, some don't. The colonizable planets/moons not showing up in the expansion planner can be identified by the dotted lines around them on the galaxy map. You may then enter the system and check by right-clicking on each planet/moon. All volcanic and desert planets/moons in the system were colonizable, but only by manual selection. A right-click on them would open a selection window to build and send a colonizer there. Although the planet after that still does not show up in the expansion planner, the colonizer will be built, sent and a colony founded.

It's just not very convenient :p

(in reply to shinobu)
Post #: 33
RE: Expansion Planner - 4/4/2010 12:07:24 AM   
Aelfric

Happened to me as well. This is presumably a bug, then?

(in reply to llyr)
Post #: 34
RE: Expansion Planner - 4/4/2010 6:50:52 AM   
Elshar

The already-inhabited red planets in the colonize section of the expansion planner are races which are unlikely to join you if you send a colony ship. You'll likely lose the colony ship and nothing will happen. You can still colonize it by sending a troop ship and conquering it that way, though.

(in reply to Aelfric)
Post #: 35
RE: Expansion Planner - 4/4/2010 7:27:31 AM   
Xenoform21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Actually, marshy worlds (think Dagobah) are not suitable for default Human colonization, if I recall correctly. I have not seen the expansion planner miss any worlds that were suitable for colonization, in my experience. One you are able to colonize them, they show up on the list.

On that note, The Atuuk's are supposed to be able to colonize marshy worlds ( it seems to be implied in the galactopedia ) but during my games playing as them, they cannot. In order to do so i have to assimilate another race ( Sluken or other ) or develop the appropriate tech to colonize these worlds. Bug?

Back to the current thread.

I think that the innability to colonize these worlds via the expansion planner is because your population at that colony is too small to populate a colony ship. Or because colony ships will only allow you to take the Majority race on the planet that its built on. I find after I'm done building anything else at that colony and i've let the pop increase to above 100 M the colonies will show on the expansion planner.

< Message edited by Xenoform21 -- 4/4/2010 7:32:02 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 36
RE: Expansion Planner - 1/7/2011 8:56:56 PM   
Data

actually, this mistery remains a mistery
i started a small 100 stars galaxy to better control the testing conditions for various tests and i've reproduced lordxorn's findings
however, when you order them by strategic goods (for all of them the demand is 0) you get them ordered but below them the luxury goods are not in the proper order (some with higher demand are below some with lower demand) so it seems this button orders by your priority only the first item in the selected tab (in this case, either strategic or luxury goods from the type tab) but not both of them

also, the below resource targets by your empire priority shows different resources alltogether and here also the percentage for the first resource of the first planet is lower than the same resource on the second one

it's late now so i'll continue testing tommorow maybe but we defenitly did not figure this one out....yet; I'm hoping Elliot will shed some light in case this catches his eye

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 37
RE: Expansion Planner - 1/7/2011 9:05:35 PM   
Data

i did some few more quick tests (it is still late, i cannot help it) and the demand is indeed the critical factor for this button....it orders every tab by demand and when you use the demand tab itself the button does not change the ordering which is a pretty clear indicator that this is it's function. So you can do crosschecks based on whatever you select and your highest demand from that point of view, you can make some pretty granular and informed order on what mining stations to build first and in what order
we still need to understand the mechanism behind these reports better

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 38
RE: Expansion Planner - 1/7/2011 9:20:41 PM   
Data

it seems that "resource targets by your empire priority" shows the resources you need but based on proximity also...so if you need resource x for which two planets are displayed the closest one will be on top even if the % for that resouece is lower

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> RE: Expansion Planner Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI