Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gathering Resources (Stupid Question)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 3:37:26 AM   
RavenX

This might be a stupid question, but, when you colonize a planet you automatically get the resources on that planet right? Or do you still need to build a mining station at that planet as well? One would think you'd get the resources automatically, but I just wanted to make sure.

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere
Post #: 1
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 4:01:50 AM   
OberonDark

You get them automatically, I believe. Of course, they still have to be mined.

(in reply to RavenX)
Post #: 2
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 4:40:56 AM   
RavenX

quote:

ORIGINAL: OberonDark

You get them automatically, I believe. Of course, they still have to be mined.

So then you still need to build a Mine? When the game starts I choose the Basic Start with one planet. It gives me a Star Base, the standard load out of ships and a few Mines on other planets in your home system, but no Mining stations on the home planet. This kinda makes me think if you've colonized a planet you don't need a "Mine" to get the resources on it but I wasn't sure.

< Message edited by RavenX -- 4/4/2010 4:41:57 AM >

What do I see? I see time as it affects all things. Human flesh whithers and dies before my eyes. Flowers bloom, only to fade. Trees drop green leaves, never to regain them. In my sight, it is always winter, always night. ~ Raistlin Majere

(in reply to OberonDark)
Post #: 3
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 4:46:11 AM   
freeboy

what about silk and other non mined items? fruit etc? do they just show up in the civilian inventory of your empire?
thanks

(in reply to RavenX)
Post #: 4
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 4:59:54 AM   
Kouga

You don't need to build a mine on your own colonies, the resources get mined automatically, as stated in the tutorial. 

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 5:20:18 AM   
freeboy

right... mines in space.. gotcha.. If I see something I need or is very valuable.. can I click on it in the map window and get a pop up that allows me to build there?

(in reply to Kouga)
Post #: 6
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 5:29:20 AM   
Kouga

You should use the expansion planner to find the resources you want and then hit "send construction ship".

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 7
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 3:40:36 PM   
lordxorn

The resources on your colonies will automatically get mined/gathered, no need for a mine. Matter of fact if there is a mining base, and you colonize the planet it will be consumed.
There is a benefit if you build a starbase, because it will allow the resources gathered on planet to be available to your empire immediately. Otherwise freighters will haul the resources off planet.

(in reply to Kouga)
Post #: 8
RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) - 4/4/2010 7:05:44 PM   
forsaken1111

A better question is how fast does your colony mine? Is it equivalent to a single mining module? two?

Are you sometimes better off building a large mining complex with dozens of mining modules rather than a colony?

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI