Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

RavenX -> Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 3:37:26 AM)

This might be a stupid question, but, when you colonize a planet you automatically get the resources on that planet right? Or do you still need to build a mining station at that planet as well? One would think you'd get the resources automatically, but I just wanted to make sure.

OberonDark -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 4:01:50 AM)

You get them automatically, I believe. Of course, they still have to be mined.

RavenX -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 4:40:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OberonDark

You get them automatically, I believe. Of course, they still have to be mined.

So then you still need to build a Mine? When the game starts I choose the Basic Start with one planet. It gives me a Star Base, the standard load out of ships and a few Mines on other planets in your home system, but no Mining stations on the home planet. This kinda makes me think if you've colonized a planet you don't need a "Mine" to get the resources on it but I wasn't sure.

freeboy -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 4:46:11 AM)

what about silk and other non mined items? fruit etc? do they just show up in the civilian inventory of your empire?
thanks

Kouga -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 4:59:54 AM)

You don't need to build a mine on your own colonies, the resources get mined automatically, as stated in the tutorial. 

freeboy -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 5:20:18 AM)

right... mines in space.. gotcha.. If I see something I need or is very valuable.. can I click on it in the map window and get a pop up that allows me to build there?

Kouga -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 5:29:20 AM)

You should use the expansion planner to find the resources you want and then hit "send construction ship".

lordxorn -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 3:40:36 PM)

The resources on your colonies will automatically get mined/gathered, no need for a mine. Matter of fact if there is a mining base, and you colonize the planet it will be consumed.
There is a benefit if you build a starbase, because it will allow the resources gathered on planet to be available to your empire immediately. Otherwise freighters will haul the resources off planet.

forsaken1111 -> RE: Gathering Resources (Stupid Question) (4/4/2010 7:05:44 PM)

A better question is how fast does your colony mine? Is it equivalent to a single mining module? two?

Are you sometimes better off building a large mining complex with dozens of mining modules rather than a colony?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI