Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What to do

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> What to do Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What to do - 4/6/2010 2:27:26 PM   
Grallon

I must be missing something since I find there's nothing to do in this game but rush to colonize and churn out ships to protect them... The cultural aspect is abstracted, there's no special projects to build, no infrastructure... It's as if the game can run without your input. I play for 10-15 minutes and then quit in frustration.

Am I missing something?

G.
Post #: 1
RE: What to do - 4/6/2010 2:32:56 PM   
lordxorn

Did you try the tutorials?

Also there is ample information now in the forums and the game description that explained that the DW economy is a macro type game. You can only indirectly influence your private sector, which make sense. Your job as supreme overlord is to ensure your economy can thrive by scouting out new resources/luxuries, expanding, and protecting. In some cases you have to go to war to ensure your economy will thrive.

What Distant Worlds is not is a Civ in space type game, or Sim City.

(in reply to Grallon)
Post #: 2
RE: What to do - 4/6/2010 2:45:20 PM   
BigWolfChris

Personally I tend to agree that it would be nice if there were more too do

But of course, all 4x games are the same, just most of the others allow the player to also choose directions of technology and directly choose what infrastructure will be placed on worlds to support the fleets

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8 Core @3.7GHz
2x16 GB Vengeance LPX 2666MHz RAM
MSI RTX 2070 Armor 8G
SSD Drive

(in reply to lordxorn)
Post #: 3
RE: What to do - 4/6/2010 3:20:01 PM   
licker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grallon

I must be missing something since I find there's nothing to do in this game but rush to colonize and churn out ships to protect them... The cultural aspect is abstracted, there's no special projects to build, no infrastructure... It's as if the game can run without your input. I play for 10-15 minutes and then quit in frustration.

Am I missing something?

G.

No, you're not missing anything. The design of DW is different from most other 4x games, so the game play may not suit everyones taste.

I appreciate the automation to an extent, as it allows for you to focus on different aspects of your empire at different times without having to DO EVERYTHING. Though there are some tweeks needed (and coming) to get it right.

(in reply to Grallon)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> What to do Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI