Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1792 Campaign Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Opponents Wanted >> 1792 Campaign Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1792 Campaign Game - 4/12/2010 7:38:30 PM   
Yearworld

Hi all. Would anyone like to play a 1792-1802 Campaign PBEM game? The 1792 Campaign is quite different from the 1805 Campaign and might be a fun change for those who have played many 1805 games.

Some of the significant changes:
French Morale is only 3.0! France is NOT a dominent power in 1792.
New Generals: Suvarov, Moreau, Hoche, York etc. Napoleon does not show up until 4 years into the game.
Different Order of Batte: Every Nation has different Corps sizes for example the French Corps are only 14I/M 2C.
Different Starting Conditions: France only controls its home Nation, Britain starts with German Minors, Spain already controls Naples etc.
Heavy Ships only-no transport or light ships.
Here is the version of the Game. Read the included Word file for more information about the game:
www.sendspace.com/file/mi3iuz

So post in this thread if you would like to play. Anyone with questions can ask in the thread or contact me at yearworld@msn.com

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/12/2010 8:36:15 PM   
Mardonius

I'd be interested.
best
Mardonius

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 2
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/12/2010 10:08:32 PM   
Yearworld

Hi Mardonius thanks for playing. Borner has also expressed interest in playing. So we only need 4 more players. Also if someone would like to host that would be nice since I've never done it before and don't really know how. Thanks

Yearworld

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 3
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/13/2010 9:16:40 AM   
Ulahtonius

Hi, I also want to play sounds good. By the way, how do you manage change the leaders etc. Regards, Vladimir

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 4
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/13/2010 10:56:13 AM   
delatbabel

That should be "Suvorov" not "Suvarov". Spelled (in cyrillic) as "CYBOPOB", the Russian "o" defaults to an "a" pronunciation when it is in a syllable that is not stressed. So the more correct transliteration into the latin alphabet is "Suvorov" although it's pronounced "SUvaROV".

There is a "wps" file included in your zip file. I'm not sure what that is but it's not a word file. Do you have it as a text or PDF or something I can read?

--
Del

(in reply to Ulahtonius)
Post #: 5
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/13/2010 1:14:38 PM   
Mardonius

Both Spellings of Suvorov/Suvarov are acceptable in English. Transliteration is sometimes set by precedent and not logic. See http://www.napoleonguide.com/soldiers_suvarov.htm

"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 6
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/13/2010 2:41:10 PM   
Ulahtonius

Hi all, I tend to agree with Mardonius. Most common in Russian is used: Suvorov (because this is the way it it pronounced) SU-vo- ROV. Who will host the game? Regards, Vladimir

(in reply to Mardonius)
Post #: 7
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/13/2010 3:01:54 PM   
Yearworld

Thanks for signing up Del and Ulahtonius. One player is dropping out for technical reasons so we still need 3 more players.

If anyone else can't get the word file open email me and I will send you a txt file.

We don't have a host yet so if anyone wants to host that is fine with me.

Ulahtonius asked about creating the generals. In the editor you can either create a new general by double clicking on the top name box(I think) and selecting Create a General. Or you can just change the stats of an existing general and change the name of that general.

Suvorov is probably correct. I used Suvarov because that is how the AH General magazine spelled it for the 1792 Campaign Game.

Yearworld

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 8
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/15/2010 9:31:35 AM   
Pans

I would like to join

Andreas

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 9
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/15/2010 2:25:05 PM   
GMeyer

So would I.

George S. Meyer

(in reply to Pans)
Post #: 10
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/15/2010 3:26:53 PM   
Yearworld

Sorry should have posted this earlier but we have our 7 players now. I'll set up a yahoo group so we can get started.

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 11
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/17/2010 3:32:05 PM   
GMeyer

To anyone contemplating joining this group:  After accepting the posted invitation, I was sent a file that Norton warned me contained a virus and thereafter I was dis-invited from the group because I am lawyer and, thus, could not keep up with the rapid pace of this game.  This step was taken without paying me the courtesy of discussing the issue.

George S. Meyer

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 12
RE: 1792 Campaign Game - 4/17/2010 3:52:36 PM   
Yearworld

I'm not going to get in an argument with you. I admit I should have discussed it with you more before replacing you as a player. But it has nothing to do with you being a lawyer or etc. It has to do with the fact that I haven't received an email from you for a few days and you aren't signed up to the Yahoo group and we are about to start bidding.

Yearworld

(in reply to Yearworld)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Opponents Wanted >> 1792 Campaign Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI