Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Korsun Pocket (Full Battle)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Opponents wanted >> Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) - 4/14/2010 12:56:15 AM   
frighteningfred

Looking to play a PBEM game .. Full campaign preferably

regards
Sean

sdruelinger@comcast.net
Post #: 1
RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) - 4/15/2010 10:46:03 AM   
blacksherman

Greetings frighteningfred,

I am certainly up to the challenge. Have version 1.12 installed and ready to go. Hopefully you have the same. Would enjoy a full 48 turn game myself and am equally adept at both sides. I used to belong to a wargaming club back in the seveties where we would gather together and play the old AH games in a spirit of fun and frivolity. While all of us were serious about winning, none of us took losses seriously and all of us hung out together, enjoying each other's company. I miss those days. Perhaps this is a poor substitute, I don't know, but let's get together and have some fun.

Thanks,
blacksherman
thomcat@imt.net

(in reply to frighteningfred)
Post #: 2
RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) - 4/18/2010 9:58:39 AM   
TheFox

Hi Folks

Yes have enjoyed many a Sunday pouring over stacks of counters on the Longest Day or spending hours rolling dice in the hope of an easy victory. Anyway - Can we email a three player game - would it be possible to split a side into two? I'm happy either way - I'm sure we could?
Suggestions?

(in reply to blacksherman)
Post #: 3
RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) - 4/18/2010 10:04:11 AM   
TheFox

Hi Frighteningfred

Can we try a three player email game - which side is best split two ways? Allies (brits/us) or German Armies?

Your thoughts and suggestions - I'm sure we can email a half completed turn to be 'finished' by your counterpart?

TheFox

Post #: 4
RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) - 4/18/2010 12:23:57 PM   
TheFox

Hi Fred

KP we could split the Russain forces as per the two fronts (Left/Right) with Axis as a single player.

Ard would be better suited to splitting the Axis forces which could simulate the difficulties felt by the german high command in organising & deploying elements during the battle. Obviously the axis could 'lend' units but ultimate control remains as per OoB.

The allies on the other hand should remain a single player?

The Fox

Post #: 5
RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) - 4/21/2010 12:28:24 PM   
blacksherman

Gentlemen,

We could be months establishing ground rules and nothing ever accomplished. This is what I say: I will take the Germans in Ard and crush all opposition. Gather your forces together and prepare to be defeated. Given the parameters of the game (and remememeber, it is only a game) I think von Runsteads small solution would work resulting in the Allies sufferng horrific losses East of the Meuse. Your thoughts welcome.

blacksherman

(in reply to TheFox)
Post #: 6
RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) - 4/22/2010 3:00:20 PM   
TheFox

oops

Just read your reply - yep go for it! You take the Germans and I'll take the allies on Ard - email me the setup names - suggest using secure setting on if we each use the only one computer each - no home/work stuff!!

Do your first move - hidden units on, combat reply on (although I've never viewed one) random weather please?

Look forward to a damn good battle.

I'm UK - (GMT) but should be able to do atleast one if not two turns a day!

email the.collins@btinternet.com

Cheers

Sean

(in reply to blacksherman)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Opponents wanted >> Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI