Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Opponents wanted

frighteningfred -> Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (4/14/2010 12:56:15 AM)

Looking to play a PBEM game .. Full campaign preferably

regards
Sean

sdruelinger@comcast.net

blacksherman -> RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (4/15/2010 10:46:03 AM)

Greetings frighteningfred,

I am certainly up to the challenge. Have version 1.12 installed and ready to go. Hopefully you have the same. Would enjoy a full 48 turn game myself and am equally adept at both sides. I used to belong to a wargaming club back in the seveties where we would gather together and play the old AH games in a spirit of fun and frivolity. While all of us were serious about winning, none of us took losses seriously and all of us hung out together, enjoying each other's company. I miss those days. Perhaps this is a poor substitute, I don't know, but let's get together and have some fun.

Thanks,
blacksherman
thomcat@imt.net

TheFox -> RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (4/18/2010 9:58:39 AM)

Hi Folks

Yes have enjoyed many a Sunday pouring over stacks of counters on the Longest Day or spending hours rolling dice in the hope of an easy victory. Anyway - Can we email a three player game - would it be possible to split a side into two? I'm happy either way - I'm sure we could?
Suggestions?

TheFox -> RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (4/18/2010 10:04:11 AM)

Hi Frighteningfred

Can we try a three player email game - which side is best split two ways? Allies (brits/us) or German Armies?

Your thoughts and suggestions - I'm sure we can email a half completed turn to be 'finished' by your counterpart?

TheFox

TheFox -> RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (4/18/2010 12:23:57 PM)

Hi Fred

KP we could split the Russain forces as per the two fronts (Left/Right) with Axis as a single player.

Ard would be better suited to splitting the Axis forces which could simulate the difficulties felt by the german high command in organising & deploying elements during the battle. Obviously the axis could 'lend' units but ultimate control remains as per OoB. [&o]

The allies on the other hand should remain a single player? [:)]

The Fox [:D]

blacksherman -> RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (4/21/2010 12:28:24 PM)

Gentlemen,

We could be months establishing ground rules and nothing ever accomplished. This is what I say: I will take the Germans in Ard and crush all opposition. Gather your forces together and prepare to be defeated. Given the parameters of the game (and remememeber, it is only a game) I think von Runsteads small solution would work resulting in the Allies sufferng horrific losses East of the Meuse. Your thoughts welcome.

blacksherman

TheFox -> RE: Korsun Pocket (Full Battle) (4/22/2010 3:00:20 PM)

oops

Just read your reply - yep go for it! You take the Germans and I'll take the allies on Ard - email me the setup names - suggest using secure setting on if we each use the only one computer each - no home/work stuff!!

Do your first move - hidden units on, combat reply on (although I've never viewed one) random weather please?

Look forward to a damn good battle.

I'm UK - (GMT) but should be able to do atleast one if not two turns a day!

email the.collins@btinternet.com

Cheers

Sean

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI