Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/23/2010 4:59:41 PM   
Toddr22_slith

Thank you very much

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1351
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/25/2010 2:18:54 AM   
Nomad

deleted

< Message edited by Nomad -- 4/25/2010 2:20:24 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1352
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/25/2010 3:27:41 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Error report - when in the air production tab, engine sub tab, history displays the history of the wrong engine.

Damn I thought I fixed that 2 releases ago ...

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1353
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/25/2010 8:47:31 AM   
LoBaron

Thank you! Just downloaded the latest version. This tool is really a piece of art!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1354
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/25/2010 1:21:14 PM   
Nomad

deleted

< Message edited by Nomad -- 4/25/2010 2:20:41 PM >

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 1355
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/25/2010 5:56:21 PM   
Rankorian

Where is it?

[I feel like a dolt.]

I down-loaded the Tracker, extracted it, loaded the first turn.

Was going to do the Region stuff.  But later.  I close everything.

This morning.....hmmm, how to I get to the tracker?  Did I make a mistake?--Extracting it into a temporary internet file?  Even if I find those extracted files, what do I click to start the Tracker.

I am sure this is utterly obvious....but I am stumped.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1356
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/25/2010 11:54:24 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rankorian

Where is it?

[I feel like a dolt.]

I down-loaded the Tracker, extracted it, loaded the first turn.

Was going to do the Region stuff.  But later.  I close everything.

This morning.....hmmm, how to I get to the tracker?  Did I make a mistake?--Extracting it into a temporary internet file?  Even if I find those extracted files, what do I click to start the Tracker.

I am sure this is utterly obvious....but I am stumped.

Rankorian,
I have little idea where you've extracted it ... but you could do a file search on witptracker.bat to find it... This is also the file which launches tracker (double click it)

Loading the region files is easy, see Import Method http://sites.google.com/site/witptracker/regions-1

(in reply to Rankorian)
Post #: 1357
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/26/2010 12:17:40 PM   
steamboateng

I have downloaded and succssesfully installed your wonderfully comprehensive tracker program. I even managed to shortcut it to the desktop. However, being a newbie to this game, I have one question. Now that I got it, what do I do with it!!!!!!!
Thanks.
Regards

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1358
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/26/2010 1:49:43 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: steamboateng

I have downloaded and successfully installed your wonderfully comprehensive tracker program. I even managed to short-cut it to the desktop. However, being a newbie to this game, I have one question. Now that I got it, what do I do with it!!!!!!!
Thanks.
Regards

Steamboateng,
welcome aboard Tracker ... I guess you're being facetious or should I take this at face value ?

Damian

(in reply to steamboateng)
Post #: 1359
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/27/2010 1:12:18 AM   
Zemke

I have a request for an enhancement, and this tool is outstanding by the way. In the aircraft comparison portion is it possible to show the game firepower rating. You have the weapons listed, but that does not always give you an very good idea because of how some of the weapons are rated. Just an idea.

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1360
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/27/2010 3:02:10 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zemke_4

I have a request for an enhancement, and this tool is outstanding by the way. In the aircraft comparison portion is it possible to show the game firepower rating. You have the weapons listed, but that does not always give you an very good idea because of how some of the weapons are rated. Just an idea.

Are you talking about the "Gun Value" = Effect * no of guns ? Guess that wouldn't be too hard to implement ...

(in reply to Zemke)
Post #: 1361
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/27/2010 10:11:11 AM   
steamboateng

Sorry, Damian. I'm quite new to the game. I simply can't find anywhere a post which describes how I would use Tracker to enhance the WitP experience.
I have set up Tracker so that it reads my present Guadalcanal game, which it does, apparently very well. Got lots of lists of the various devices, TF's, Ports, etc.
Can someone give this poor newb a hint at what I can do with all this information that Tracker displays so well?
How do you use it?
How should I use it?
Does it have 'in game' functionality?
Regards

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1362
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/27/2010 10:38:59 AM   
Smeulders

There is a whole lot you can do with it, though it's less important for smaller scenarios like Guadalcanal. It's nearly impossible to write up an exhaustive list so I'll tell you what I use it for.

- Monitoring the supply/fuel situation of bases, how fast is it declining, am I going to have to send a convoy there soon ?
- Same thing for whole areas. How fast is fuel evaporating in Australia, how many fuel convoys do I have to send that way. (Very useful as supply and fuel can be transported between bases with a land link, following up a single base might be possible by looking at it every day,but for larger areas the history function is invaluable.)
- Which ships need an upgrade ?
- How are my device pools, where are the LCUs that still need to upgrade devices ?
- What were the actual losses on my side in an air combat ?
- The alerts, are any of my ships spotted ?

Take a look trough the various screens, you're bound to find information that will help you when you are playing the game.

Post #: 1363
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/27/2010 2:07:49 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: steamboateng

Sorry, Damian. I'm quite new to the game. I simply can't find anywhere a post which describes how I would use Tracker to enhance the WitP experience.
I have set up Tracker so that it reads my present Guadalcanal game, which it does, apparently very well. Got lots of lists of the various devices, TF's, Ports, etc.
Can someone give this poor newb a hint at what I can do with all this information that Tracker displays so well?
How do you use it?
How should I use it?
Does it have 'in game' functionality?
Regards

Steamboateng,
no worries - sorry I was a little obtuse. Yeah as Smeulders has suggested, for smaller scenario's there is less to worry about and hence Tracker might not be such an important tool. Similarly if you're playing as the Allies (as you probably should be to learn the game) then there is less required - but can be still important in the Grand Campaign.

I'd echo Smeulders for a small scenario,
  • I just be looking at reinforcements and withdrawals of air/land/sea units.
  • Looking at supply distribution and use.
  • Upgrades and repairs.
  • TF assignment, docking limits, fuel.
  • Alerts and sigint for additional info that you might require.
  • Various Histories to test tactics for the big one.

It doesn't have in-game functionality, that being you can't do any ordering from tracker back to the save file. I guess I'll do some more video tutes sometime, which will include Tracker use (I've already done one or two on shipbuilding and pilots/tracom)

I guess as has been echoed before, 3rd party tools just help collate the data, the logistics side weighs heavily on the strategic options available and the tactics you can employ ... Using Tracker helps you organise some of this but remember don't miss the forest for all the trees...

Regards
    Damian

• Post #: 1364
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/27/2010 3:00:15 PM   
    steamboateng

Thanks for the response, guys.
    Forgive my absolute ignorance of these things; WitP is a pretty large task to grapple, even after a month of use.
    I will print out the thread and add it to my Tracker folder, which contains printouts of the various interface options.
    Damian, I've watched all of your video tutes. Very helpful, thanks again.
    Regards

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1365
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/27/2010 6:31:24 PM   
    witpqs

I first go to the Intel screen, and set it for current day. Then I sort by location (click on the column header). I find it much easier to avoid missing things in the Intel report that way. I also often sort it by type of event (or whatever it's called) so I can see all the 'radio transmission', 'planning for attack', etc.

Next I go to Alerts screen and set it for today. Then I sort it by alert type so all the 'LCU Arrived' messages are together, all the 'Ship Sunk' are together, etc. Other screens I use for anything specific I am looking at, such as if I am checking on ships to upgrade, etc. But the Intel and Alerts I check every turn.

Post #: 1366
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/28/2010 3:50:34 AM   
    CapAndGown

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I first go to the Intel screen, and set it for current day. Then I sort by location (click on the column header). I find it much easier to avoid missing things in the Intel report that way. I also often sort it by type of event (or whatever it's called) so I can see all the 'radio transmission', 'planning for attack', etc.

Next I go to Alerts screen and set it for today. Then I sort it by alert type so all the 'LCU Arrived' messages are together, all the 'Ship Sunk' are together, etc. Other screens I use for anything specific I am looking at, such as if I am checking on ships to upgrade, etc. But the Intel and Alerts I check every turn.

Ah, the joys of allied intelligence. I never bother with the intel screen. I might use it if it was like the utility that was available for WitP (I think it was Bohdi's Utility) that would take you to the location on the map where the radio transmissions were eminating from. But generally, Jap intel says things like "radio transmissions detected at San Fransisco". Um, yeah. OK, that was real useful.

(in reply to witpqs)
    Post #: 1367
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/28/2010 4:38:48 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: cap_and_gown

quote:

Ah, the joys of allied intelligence. I never bother with the intel screen. I might use it if it was like the utility that was available for WitP (I think it was Bohdi's Utility) that would take you to the location on the map where the radio transmissions were eminating from. But generally, Jap intel says things like "radio transmissions detected at San Fransisco". Um, yeah. OK, that was real useful.

Eventually cap and gown it will be so ... as well as the Ops Report ..

(in reply to CapAndGown)
    Post #: 1368
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/28/2010 4:18:45 PM   
    Nomad

Free help just isn't as fast as it used to be.

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1369
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/28/2010 4:51:40 PM   
    steamboateng

But its free!

(in reply to Nomad)
    Post #: 1370
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/30/2010 2:05:54 AM   
    treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: cap_and_gown

quote:

Actually Dixon suffered his own Midway due to the Allied Intell... He had taken Noumea earlier with the 14th Division...next logical target was Nadi/Suva...so when I saw this....

SIG INT REPORT FOR Mar 15, 42

7/14th Division is loaded on xAP Haruna Maru at Noumea (115,160).

I sortied the American Carrier fleet and intercepted his covering carrier forces as they approached Suva on Mar 18, 42

Here's a link to:
    Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to CapAndGown)
    Post #: 1371
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/30/2010 2:09:44 AM   
    treespider

Trying to build a base list for my mod...unfortunately it seems Tracker will not replace some of the section headers I overwrote when I put in bases...

Example Loc Data Slot 221 has the Header JAPAN in the stock scenario... I placed a base into this slot as well as 217, 218,219 and 220....Tracker reads 217-220 and enters the new base names however 221 it retains JAPAN

Same thing happens with several other slots that were used as Section headers in the stock scenario data....

Any ideas?

Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to treespider)
    Post #: 1372
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/30/2010 4:44:22 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Trying to build a base list for my mod...unfortunately it seems Tracker will not replace some of the section headers I overwrote when I put in bases...

Example Loc Data Slot 221 has the Header JAPAN in the stock scenario... I placed a base into this slot as well as 217, 218,219 and 220....Tracker reads 217-220 and enters the new base names however 221 it retains JAPAN

Same thing happens with several other slots that were used as Section headers in the stock scenario data....

Any ideas?

Yeah I had to hard code some of this due to the section headers, so for now you will have to adhere to that methodology until I get around to fixing it in a more flexible manner ...

Cheers and looking forward to checking out your mod.
    Damian

(in reply to treespider)
    Post #: 1373
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/30/2010 11:08:44 AM   
    treespider

Bummer....

So no chance of a separate text file containing player generated headers?

< Message edited by treespider -- 4/30/2010 11:22:37 AM >

Here's a link to:

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1374
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/30/2010 12:01:38 PM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: treespider

Bummer....

So no chance of a separate text file containing player generated headers?

Wait a sec are you talking about region definitions or as with the original post where you've deleted the headers in the DB to make room for more bases ?

Region Definitions can be made by anyone, the problem at present is that I'm reading in the Headers based on the position in the DB, obviously this was never optimal but I did it this way. I was always going to come back and do this better & now you've given me an excuse. But it will mean having to make new Region Definition files and discarding any Headers that modders place in the DB ... which could be a bit of a pain.

Anyway at present, if you want your mod to work with Tracker leave the Headers where they are ... at least until the next update ... also maybe you can send me the scenario to check what you're doing.

Sorry
    Damian

(in reply to treespider)
    Post #: 1375
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 5/1/2010 6:16:24 AM   
    n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Are you talking about the "Gun Value" = Effect * no of guns ? Guess that wouldn't be too hard to implement ...

Ok - a little Tracker programming today as I've been on RL sabbatical ...
    1. Implemented the Gun Values in both screens (need to update on the Air production screens too)
    2. CSV export for LCU production done.
    3. Not fixed yet but started doing the work necessary for Treespider.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 5/1/2010 6:20:19 AM >

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1376
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 5/1/2010 3:43:56 PM   
    treespider

Here's a link to:

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 1377
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 5/1/2010 7:56:24 PM   
    witpqs

Sorry if this is a redundant question - the land stacking value is of great interest too. It will answer the question "which troops will fit on that island" without trial and error.

(in reply to treespider)
    Post #: 1378
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 5/1/2010 9:14:30 PM   
    Zemke

I am very thankful.
    Is a version out yet, or are you waiting to include the other requests?

Now if you could just re-program some of my other games so they are more realistic...........lol.

< Message edited by Zemke_4 -- 5/1/2010 9:18:59 PM >

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

(in reply to witpqs)
    Post #: 1379
    RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 5/2/2010 12:37:51 AM   
    floydg

quote:

I am very thankful.
    Is a version out yet, or are you waiting to include the other requests?

Now if you could just re-program some of my other games so they are more realistic...........lol.

Much more work to be done. Or just a little more work to be done. Depends on how busy we get.

(in reply to Zemke)
    Post #: 1380
    Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI