Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Anyway to update OOB without restarting.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Anyway to update OOB without restarting. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Anyway to update OOB without restarting. - 7/25/2002 2:02:46 PM   
strollen

First let me thank 2By3 and Matrix for continuing to provide excellent support. Now my dilemna

For the first patch it was fine to restart my two AI games, and my one PBEM game. Now I have 3 PBEM games and one Scenario 19 game that is in Nov. The OOB changes look minor enough that I hardly think the games are worth restarting. Hopefully my opponents agree.

My request is that in future patch you guys figure out a way of making the OOP changes compatible with saved games.

Is that possible or??
Post #: 1
Thoughts... - 7/25/2002 7:09:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

We'd love to do this and would have if feasible, but the time required at present is prohibitive, since it would involve writing and running a conversion of sorts on each saved game file. The saved games include a copy of the OOB from when the game was started, thus preventing post-start changes made in the editor, etc. from affecting gameplay.

While such a conversion is theoretically possible, it would require a lot of additional programming time that simply is not available to us at this time.

I would certainly recommend completing your existing PBEM games before restarting. The enjoyment you get from completing a PBEM that is relatively far along should far exceed anything the new OOB offers. Transition over naturally when your PBEM games end is my advice.

The only exception is for folks who are experiencing crashes or instability. If you are one of the few, please do some testing to try and duplicate your problems with new v1.20 games as some previous OOB glitches cause crashes for some.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to strollen)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Anyway to update OOB without restarting. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI