Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Barbarossa link and OOB question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Barbarossa link and OOB question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Barbarossa link and OOB question - 5/16/2010 8:25:36 PM   
Grognard

First, an offering of this pretty comprehensive site:

http://operationbarbarossa.net/

Now the grist and a question: I've been modding my own Barbarossa scen for quite a while now for ACOW. I will purchase TOAW III after 3.4 is out. I have dutifully supported the franchise from the beginning and couldn't justify the next $50 until I felt I was getting $50 worth of overhaul. My scen extends to the first Soviet counteroffensive as I feel this is the natural (and software) limit of the game's original design intent. Discuss amongst yourselves.

I'm also using D. McBride's WWII database. Am I screwed when it comes to importing my OOB into TOAW III? Can TOAW III read that database? If not, is there a way to translate it?

Otherwise, my calendar just filled up for the next 3 months or so.....

Regards and Thanks

Find 'em, Fix 'em, & Kill 'em
Post #: 1
RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question - 5/16/2010 9:50:59 PM   
golden delicious

I assume this is a modified .exe file with an alternative version of the equipment database?

The .exe file was created using a peice of software called BioEd. This should still be available somewhere online- if not I can probably send you a copy. You can use this same software to export a .xml file from the .exe which contains the equipment database, and this will be readable by TOAW III by changing the extension to .eqp.

Incidentally I had no idea D. McBride had created a modified equipment database- in fact I didn't think he had used BioEd at all. What's the content like?

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Grognard)
Post #: 2
RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question - 5/17/2010 4:08:40 PM   
Grognard

quote:

I assume this is a modified .exe file with an alternative version of the equipment database?

Yes it is, and I've got Bioed but thanks much for yor offer.

quote:

Incidentally I had no idea D. McBride had created a modified equipment database- in fact I didn't think he had used BioEd at all. What's the content like?

Additions not in the original game db, inf squads by nationality (Soviet PPSH squad = SMG, German inf squad + GPMG = LMG) and further parsing of existing equipment, e.g. 105mm leFH 16, 105mm leFH 18, 105mm K 18 etc. Can I upload the .exe? I've had it for so long I don't remember where I got it. BTW it's titled "V104ACOW300" I think it was included with a scenario downloaded from one the usual suspects like Rugged Defense.

Thanks again for the assist. Else I'd start digging up many shell weights.

< Message edited by Grognard -- 5/17/2010 4:12:21 PM >

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 3
RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question - 5/18/2010 6:21:32 PM   
golden delicious

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognard

Additions not in the original game db, inf squads by nationality (Soviet PPSH squad = SMG, German inf squad + GPMG = LMG) and further parsing of existing equipment, e.g. 105mm leFH 16, 105mm leFH 18, 105mm K 18 etc. Can I upload the .exe? I've had it for so long I don't remember where I got it. BTW it's titled "V104ACOW300" I think it was included with a scenario downloaded from one the usual suspects like Rugged Defense.

"V104ACOW300" is the default name of the cracked .exe file that comes with BioEd so that's no surprise. At a guess it comes from another designer as I've never seen McBride use BioEd- but I could be wrong.

"What did you read at university?"
"War Studies"
"War? Huh. What is it good for?"
"Absolutely nothing."

(in reply to Grognard)
Post #: 4
RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question - 5/18/2010 7:13:18 PM   
Grognard

quote:

"V104ACOW300" is the default name of the cracked .exe file that comes with BioEd so that's no surprise. At a guess it comes from another designer as I've never seen McBride use BioEd- but I could be wrong.

Well I am getting on in years and my memory could be faulty . I downloaded it a minimum of 4, maybe 5 years ago. But I do seem to remember his name attached to the file. And this was before I knew who he was.

Anyway, I've e-mailed you the .exe. Let me know what you think.

Regards

(in reply to golden delicious)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Barbarossa link and OOB question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI