Barbarossa link and OOB question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design

Grognard -> Barbarossa link and OOB question (5/16/2010 8:25:36 PM)

First, an offering of this pretty comprehensive site:

http://operationbarbarossa.net/

Now the grist and a question: I've been modding my own Barbarossa scen for quite a while now for ACOW. I will purchase TOAW III after 3.4 is out. I have dutifully supported the franchise from the beginning and couldn't justify the next $50 until I felt I was getting $50 worth of overhaul. My scen extends to the first Soviet counteroffensive as I feel this is the natural (and software) limit of the game's original design intent. Discuss amongst yourselves. [;)]

I'm also using D. McBride's WWII database. Am I screwed when it comes to importing my OOB into TOAW III? Can TOAW III read that database? If not, is there a way to translate it?

Otherwise, my calendar just filled up for the next 3 months or so.....

Regards and Thanks

golden delicious -> RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question (5/16/2010 9:50:59 PM)

I assume this is a modified .exe file with an alternative version of the equipment database?

The .exe file was created using a peice of software called BioEd. This should still be available somewhere online- if not I can probably send you a copy. You can use this same software to export a .xml file from the .exe which contains the equipment database, and this will be readable by TOAW III by changing the extension to .eqp.

Incidentally I had no idea D. McBride had created a modified equipment database- in fact I didn't think he had used BioEd at all. What's the content like?

Grognard -> RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question (5/17/2010 4:08:40 PM)

quote:

I assume this is a modified .exe file with an alternative version of the equipment database?

Yes it is, and I've got Bioed but thanks much for yor offer.

quote:

Incidentally I had no idea D. McBride had created a modified equipment database- in fact I didn't think he had used BioEd at all. What's the content like?

Additions not in the original game db, inf squads by nationality (Soviet PPSH squad = SMG, German inf squad + GPMG = LMG) and further parsing of existing equipment, e.g. 105mm leFH 16, 105mm leFH 18, 105mm K 18 etc. Can I upload the .exe? I've had it for so long I don't remember where I got it. BTW it's titled "V104ACOW300" I think it was included with a scenario downloaded from one the usual suspects like Rugged Defense.

Thanks again for the assist. Else I'd start digging up many shell weights. [X(]

golden delicious -> RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question (5/18/2010 6:21:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognard

Additions not in the original game db, inf squads by nationality (Soviet PPSH squad = SMG, German inf squad + GPMG = LMG) and further parsing of existing equipment, e.g. 105mm leFH 16, 105mm leFH 18, 105mm K 18 etc. Can I upload the .exe? I've had it for so long I don't remember where I got it. BTW it's titled "V104ACOW300" I think it was included with a scenario downloaded from one the usual suspects like Rugged Defense.

"V104ACOW300" is the default name of the cracked .exe file that comes with BioEd so that's no surprise. At a guess it comes from another designer as I've never seen McBride use BioEd- but I could be wrong.

Grognard -> RE: Barbarossa link and OOB question (5/18/2010 7:13:18 PM)

quote:

"V104ACOW300" is the default name of the cracked .exe file that comes with BioEd so that's no surprise. At a guess it comes from another designer as I've never seen McBride use BioEd- but I could be wrong.

Well I am getting on in years and my memory could be faulty [:D]. I downloaded it a minimum of 4, maybe 5 years ago. But I do seem to remember his name attached to the file. And this was before I knew who he was.

Anyway, I've e-mailed you the .exe. Let me know what you think.

Regards

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI