Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilot Management Hint

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilot Management Hint Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilot Management Hint - 5/25/2010 10:28:15 AM   
minnowguy

Just made a useful discovery while "harvesting" trained pilots out of my restricted West Coast squadrons. When you get the "Transfer pilot to group reserve?" and "Transfer pilot to general reserve?" dialogs, you can use the "Y" key instead of clicking "Yes".

So, instead of:

"Move mouse over tiny text and click", then "move mouse to tiny text in dialog and click", then "move mouse back to next row of tiny text and click", ....

You can:

Move mouse over first pilot and click; hit 'Y' to move to group reserve; click again (no mouse move); hit 'Y' to move to general reserve ....

Sounds trivial (and may have been obvious to everybody but me) but it is a definite time-saver.
Post #: 1
RE: Pilot Management Hint - 5/25/2010 10:42:56 AM   
Sredni

haha, I discovered this function a short while ago as well. It's certainly a huge time saver in the pilot management chore lol :D

Definitely something everyone should know about if they want to micromanage their pilots.

(in reply to minnowguy)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilot Management Hint - 5/25/2010 6:40:30 PM   
Misconduct

Same as hitting the escape key to quickly bypass the video and intro in AE, don't press it to fast, once your at the main menu and press ESC it punts you out the game.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to Sredni)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilot Management Hint - 5/25/2010 6:43:21 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Same as hitting the escape key to quickly bypass the video and intro in AE, don't press it to fast, once your at the main menu and press ESC it punts you out the game.

If you don't want to see the video, just go to the VIDEO folder and rename the intro file (I've renamed mine to "no_intro").

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilot Management Hint - 5/25/2010 6:47:08 PM   
chesmart

If you want to save time with skipping screens you could try programming the mouse buttons with ESC and Y and using them while playing. We once had a thread where there were all these hints and just did it. It has saved me countless minutes with these settings.What you need is a multibutton mouse Ex Logitech and program the keys with the buttons while in game.

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 5
RE: Pilot Management Hint - 5/25/2010 8:47:53 PM   
bradfordkay

I just click my left mouse button once, and the intro skips all movies...

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to chesmart)
Post #: 6
RE: Pilot Management Hint - 5/26/2010 3:03:28 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

If you don't want to see the video, just go to the VIDEO folder and rename the intro file (I've renamed mine to "no_intro").

Thanks for this tip. I had wondered if it would work and was too lazy (busy with turns!) to ever try it.

Pax

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Pilot Management Hint Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI