Pilot Management Hint (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

minnowguy -> Pilot Management Hint (5/25/2010 10:28:15 AM)

Just made a useful discovery while "harvesting" trained pilots out of my restricted West Coast squadrons. When you get the "Transfer pilot to group reserve?" and "Transfer pilot to general reserve?" dialogs, you can use the "Y" key instead of clicking "Yes".

So, instead of:

"Move mouse over tiny text and click", then "move mouse to tiny text in dialog and click", then "move mouse back to next row of tiny text and click", ....

You can:

Move mouse over first pilot and click; hit 'Y' to move to group reserve; click again (no mouse move); hit 'Y' to move to general reserve ....

Sounds trivial (and may have been obvious to everybody but me) but it is a definite time-saver.

Sredni -> RE: Pilot Management Hint (5/25/2010 10:42:56 AM)

haha, I discovered this function a short while ago as well. It's certainly a huge time saver in the pilot management chore lol :D

Definitely something everyone should know about if they want to micromanage their pilots.

Misconduct -> RE: Pilot Management Hint (5/25/2010 6:40:30 PM)

Same as hitting the escape key to quickly bypass the video and intro in AE, don't press it to fast, once your at the main menu and press ESC it punts you out the game.

Grollub -> RE: Pilot Management Hint (5/25/2010 6:43:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Same as hitting the escape key to quickly bypass the video and intro in AE, don't press it to fast, once your at the main menu and press ESC it punts you out the game.

If you don't want to see the video, just go to the VIDEO folder and rename the intro file (I've renamed mine to "no_intro").

chesmart -> RE: Pilot Management Hint (5/25/2010 6:47:08 PM)

If you want to save time with skipping screens you could try programming the mouse buttons with ESC and Y and using them while playing. We once had a thread where there were all these hints and just did it. It has saved me countless minutes with these settings.What you need is a multibutton mouse Ex Logitech and program the keys with the buttons while in game.

bradfordkay -> RE: Pilot Management Hint (5/25/2010 8:47:53 PM)

I just click my left mouse button once, and the intro skips all movies...

PaxMondo -> RE: Pilot Management Hint (5/26/2010 3:03:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

If you don't want to see the video, just go to the VIDEO folder and rename the intro file (I've renamed mine to "no_intro").

Thanks for this tip. I had wondered if it would work and was too lazy (busy with turns!) to ever try it.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI