Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I need help...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I need help... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I need help... - 7/27/2002 11:48:45 AM   
koukku

I just download this SPWaW 7.1. Now i have something like 140mb. Downloading is over. What i do now? Do i need some programs, or is there some problem... i just can not do nothing with that file... :(
Post #: 1
- 7/27/2002 12:49:14 PM   
Supervisor

The full version of SPWAW 7.1 is approx 400mb in size, if you only got 140mb then the download is corrupt/incomplete and you'll have to download it again.

(in reply to koukku)
Post #: 2
- 7/27/2002 4:03:48 PM   
koukku

Ok

Thanx.

So... the file, that i have to download, is over 400mb?

I mean is that 140mb zipped or something like that and the whole game after extracting zip is over 400mb and i am just so stupid, that i can not open that zipped file? Or... i just have to download something that is over 400mb?

(in reply to koukku)
Post #: 3
- 7/27/2002 4:28:02 PM   
Steve Wilcox

The zipped DL is over 400 megs. It unzips to about a gig. If you buy a MegaCampaign they each come with a full version of the game (which means you'll have a hard copy and never have to worry about downloading it again and will also be supporting Matrix). If you go the DL rout, use a program like FlashGet so you can resume any broken downloads. :)

(in reply to koukku)
Post #: 4
- 7/27/2002 9:48:27 PM   
Bing

Make it easy on yourself - buy the latest MegaCampaign and get the entire game on CD, plus heart pounding campaign action. Unless you have cable Internet service a 400 Meg download is only for those without something else to do in their lives.

It CAN be done with a dialup modem - I was taken to task for talking against it - but you might not have enough life left to see it through is what I believe.

Even if you do have cable service or some other comparable connection, it would most likely be anywhere from one to two hours, depending upon the current user load. I have 1.5 Meg connection speed - when I went to d/l the Trainz update (112 Meg) the dialog box told me it would be 20+ hours, slower than anything I've ever had with plain vanilla dialup. So it depends.

Buy the Mega - send a boy to Camp.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to koukku)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> I need help... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI