I need help... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

koukku -> I need help... (7/27/2002 11:48:45 AM)

I just download this SPWaW 7.1. Now i have something like 140mb. Downloading is over. What i do now? Do i need some programs, or is there some problem... i just can not do nothing with that file... :(

Supervisor -> (7/27/2002 12:49:14 PM)

The full version of SPWAW 7.1 is approx 400mb in size, if you only got 140mb then the download is corrupt/incomplete and you'll have to download it again.

koukku -> (7/27/2002 4:03:48 PM)

Ok

Thanx.

So... the file, that i have to download, is over 400mb?

I mean is that 140mb zipped or something like that and the whole game after extracting zip is over 400mb and i am just so stupid, that i can not open that zipped file? Or... i just have to download something that is over 400mb?

Steve Wilcox -> (7/27/2002 4:28:02 PM)

The zipped DL is over 400 megs. It unzips to about a gig. If you buy a MegaCampaign they each come with a full version of the game (which means you'll have a hard copy and never have to worry about downloading it again and will also be supporting Matrix). If you go the DL rout, use a program like FlashGet so you can resume any broken downloads. :)

Bing -> (7/27/2002 9:48:27 PM)

Make it easy on yourself - buy the latest MegaCampaign and get the entire game on CD, plus heart pounding campaign action. Unless you have cable Internet service a 400 Meg download is only for those without something else to do in their lives.

It CAN be done with a dialup modem - I was taken to task for talking against it - but you might not have enough life left to see it through is what I believe.

Even if you do have cable service or some other comparable connection, it would most likely be anywhere from one to two hours, depending upon the current user load. I have 1.5 Meg connection speed - when I went to d/l the Trainz update (112 Meg) the dialog box told me it would be 20+ hours, slower than anything I've ever had with plain vanilla dialup. So it depends.

Buy the Mega - send a boy to Camp.

Bing

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI