Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why is it so difficult to order products?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why is it so difficult to order products? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 12:28:45 AM   
ETF

I must say I have never experienced the frustration levels of navigating any other one of my favourite sites. To this day and I have been around for a while your site is one of the most unintuitive ones I have seen. I often hate purchases and navigating outside the community forum. Oh well. Latest problem I have is always with purchasing your fine software. I use to use your telephone option (only site I do this with) but digital rivers advises that your site is not accurate you cannot order products via phone anymore.
After trying your website for purchasing and re-filling in the numerous items 4 times the last unique error I received was
(Error Number: 30024901 - 0)

Any ideas on how to correct this? My cards are all fine..... Thanks

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer
Post #: 1
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 1:00:28 AM   
parusski

Uh, are you REALLY talking about MATRIX?? If so, I have never, ever found ordering from Matrix to be a problem at all. I also have very few issues with ordering anything on any site. I spend a huge amount of money online every month, an average of USD 1800. I buy books, magazines, clothing, shoes, auto accessories, food, cigars, wines, blah, blah, blah. I find ordering online for anything quiet easy.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 2
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 7:24:27 AM   
JudgeDredd

ETF - I've been buying games from Maatrix for years and I've never thought it unintuitive OR had problems with a purchase.

I know this doesn't help you, but just clarifying the issue for any "new" people who think about coming here and read a negative about the site...this way they see it's not all like that

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 3:24:13 PM   
Erik Rutins

ETF,

Can you e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with more info on what the problem is please?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 4
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 5:25:24 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

ETF - I've been buying games from Maatrix for years and I've never thought it unintuitive OR had problems with a purchase.

I know this doesn't help you, but just clarifying the issue for any "new" people who think about coming here and read a negative about the site...this way they see it's not all like that

Sorry didn't mean to scare any newbies. Maybe it is being a Canadian customer and the problems that incurs. Almost American but not quite. Filling in the forms and what not. Cdn Credit cards and their secure codes etc. Don't even mention using my US credit cards from my Cdn address....Very frustrating. I do also find it hard in the members area etc. Gettting D/L's and patches. Must be just me I guess. I have never in 5 years and I have purchased 10's of matrix games been able to do it successfully on the first try. Never have problems with my other gaming sites. Like I said it must be me.

Is it possible to order online with Digital Rivers? They advise no.....

Any idea on the error code? (Error Number: 30024901 - 0) trying to order a couple copies of GG Bombing the Reich..

< Message edited by ETF -- 11/4/2009 5:30:04 PM >

My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 5
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 5:29:49 PM   
Barthheart

It can't have anytihing to do with being a Canadian...
I've been buying from these folks for a loooong time and never haad any troubles.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 6
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 5:54:06 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

I've been buying from these folks for a loooong time and never haad any troubles.

What CC's are you using? Do you have to use those secure codes? Have you ever tried using a US CC while in Canada? I guess all the errors I get are just user errors......strange. Maybe one day I will get lucky.
Wish me luck I'm going to try again. Maybe I will use my Master Card

< Message edited by ETF -- 11/4/2009 5:57:31 PM >

Twitter

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 7
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 6:05:37 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

What CC's are you using? Do you have to use those secure codes? Have you ever tried using a US CC while in Canada? I guess all the errors I get are just user errors......strange. Maybe one day I will get lucky.
Wish me luck I'm going to try again. Maybe I will use my Master Card

I usually use my MC as it's mine and my wife doesn't see the bill. Yup, used the code on the back several times. Don't have any US CC's...what's that?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 8
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 6:36:19 PM   
Erik Rutins

ETF,

As I said above, please e-mail me. We need your order number.

The store is working fine here, no errors. And we certainly do sell by phone and we just tested both numbers, they are live and people are answering and taking orders.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 9
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 7:38:04 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

ETF,

As I said above, please e-mail me. We need your order number.

The store is working fine here, no errors. And we certainly do sell by phone and we just tested both numbers, they are live and people are answering and taking orders.

Regards,

- Erik

I did email sorry I do not have an order # it did not go through. Well I spent 30 mintues last night with Digital Rivers and they advised they no longer take orders over the phone......They only help with orders already made. I called twice and spoke to 2 different people. Interesting. I will call them again today.

US CC's = $US Credit cards.

Twitter

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 7:52:31 PM   
ETF

Well called again today. I could tell the language barrier is still there. They keep calling me Mr. Rick (Rick being my first name). I had to spell out Gary Grigsby's name 4 times and the complete title twice. They did say they do orders over the phone. That is a big improvement from last night. Though they could not locate Gary's bombing the Reich title at all. Sold out sir! I asked how can you be sold out of a digital download? They didn't seem to understand that?
I asked to speak with a supervisor. After waiting another 15 minutes I was talking with a supervisor....I could tell she was from the USA. Perfectly understood I was after GG EagleDay/Bombing the Reich. She went to the site and could not locate it on her site nor Matrix's. I showed her where it was on your site. She could not find a listing on her internal one at all. She advised she was sorry call back again soon!! Arrgh.
I was using the 952-646-5257 # and all three call takers advised they sold Matrix games.

Hmmm I think I will try again with the secure code setup in order to get my MC working. I noticed AMEX doesn't work at all. I will give them a call see what is up if anything. Would be nice if the error codes indicated if it was the CC companies fault or Matrix (ie improper info provided).

This is the Error I get with my AMEX (candian)

"We're Sorry.
This credit card type is not valid for processing a transaction in this currency.

Please use your browser's "Back" button, enter a different credit card type, and submit again.

(Error Number: 30016060 - 0)

I don't understand this as I am using a Candian Cc and buying it in Cdn fund from you guys for $53.99 Cdn......AMEX says not on their end......

Cdn Master Card error

We're Sorry.
We were unable to verify your payment information. Please use an alternate payment option if available. Thank you

Not sure on this one either. M/C say all fine on their end.....

I sent the order nubmers via email. Posted just in case others are in the same boat. Thanks

< Message edited by ETF -- 11/4/2009 8:38:48 PM >

Twitter

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 11
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 8:47:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

I did email sorry I do not have an order # it did not go through. Well I spent 30 mintues last night with Digital Rivers and they advised they no longer take orders over the phone......They only help with orders already made. I called twice and spoke to 2 different people. Interesting. I will call them again today.

US CC's = $US Credit cards.

I had not received any e-mails from you at that point. I do have some e-mails from someone in Canada that we are looking into, but I don't know if that's you. The order number is generated before the order completes. Any of those order numbers would help us track this down.

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 11/4/2009 8:49:11 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 12
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 9:32:03 PM   
Fred98

My suggestion in the Store:

For typing in an address one extra row is needed.
Each row should be able to handle more characters. 30 characters per row should suit everybody.

-

Post #: 13
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 9:57:39 PM   
ETF

I sent another two emails with my Orders #s from above sir. I signed them as Rick (ETF).

Thanks

Twitter

Post #: 14
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 10:00:05 PM   
ETF

quote:

Well called again today. I could tell the language barrier is still there. They keep calling me Mr. Rick (Rick being my first name). I had to spell out Gary Grigsby's name 4 times and the complete title twice. They did say they do orders over the phone. That is a big improvement from last night. Though they could not locate Gary's bombing the Reich title at all. Sold out sir! I asked how can you be sold out of a digital download? They didn't seem to understand that?
I asked to speak with a supervisor. After waiting another 15 minutes I was talking with a supervisor....I could tell she was from the USA. Perfectly understood I was after GG EagleDay/Bombing the Reich. She went to the site and could not locate it on her site nor Matrix's. I showed her where it was on your site. She could not find a listing on her internal one at all. She advised she was sorry call back again soon!! Arrgh.
I was using the 952-646-5257 # and all three call takers advised they sold Matrix games.

Hmmm I think I will try again with the secure code setup in order to get my MC working. I noticed AMEX doesn't work at all. I will give them a call see what is up if anything. Would be nice if the error codes indicated if it was the CC companies fault or Matrix (ie improper info provided).

This is the Error I get with my AMEX (candian)

"We're Sorry.
This credit card type is not valid for processing a transaction in this currency.

Please use your browser's "Back" button, enter a different credit card type, and submit again.

(Error Number: 30016060 - 0)

I don't understand this as I am using a Candian Cc and buying it in Cdn fund from you guys for $53.99 Cdn......AMEX says not on their end......

Cdn Master Card error

We're Sorry.
We were unable to verify your payment information. Please use an alternate payment option if available. Thank you

Not sure on this one either. M/C say all fine on their end.....

I sent the order nubmers via email. Posted just in case others are in the same boat. Thanks

OK was able to determine the first error talking on the phone for an hour with AMEX. Digital Rivers CANNOT process CDN funds using a CDN AMEX card online. I would suggest you might want to exclude AMEX options for CDN purchases. That might save a few hours of someones time :)

< Message edited by ETF -- 11/5/2009 12:02:09 AM >

Twitter

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 15
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/4/2009 10:42:34 PM   
Lützow

Just take your CC and set up a Paypal account.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 16
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/5/2009 12:03:56 AM   
ETF

Not too big on Paypal but I may consider it in the future.

Twitter

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 17
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/5/2009 12:15:24 AM   
ETF

Used AMEX via Digital Rivers and a Supervisor's Supervisor called me :) Very helpful and knew the product fairly well. Order went through YA! Received my confirmation email of my purchase Thank YOU!
It has been 3 hours though and normally I would get an email with link shortly thereafter no?

Wow Gary Grigsby is really working me over on this purchase.

Twitter

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 18
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/5/2009 1:46:28 AM   
Erik Rutins

Glad to hear they contacted you as we asked and that the order went through. If you ordered the download version, you should have received the link. If you didn't receive it, check your spam filter. If still no luck, go to www.findmyorder.com with your order info to retrieve a download link.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 19
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/5/2009 11:26:03 PM   
ETF

Ok thanks received it now. I do hope you look into the Canadian AMEX card. Canadians can not use it apparently re. CDN fund. Maybe that option could be removed on the Canadian Store option.?

Twitter

Post #: 20
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 11/8/2009 5:01:58 PM   
ETF

Ya well I certainly ran into a few difficulties.

Twitter
Post #: 21
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/29/2010 1:07:48 AM   
ETF

OK so here we go again.....Trying to purchase BFTB.....Still will not process any of my Canadian Cards..... I never have any problems with any other sites. I thought Digital River fixed this?? Pain in the Ass if I may say so....

Twitter

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 22
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/29/2010 4:36:13 PM   
philsublime

Oh man. A real pain. I tried to order as well, and it didn't work. I wrote an email to support, but it's a rainy weekend wasted... What a *ç%&/&!

It already happened to me a while ago when I tried to order Fields of Glory. I didn't think about it and bought it directly from Slitherine. There I had absolutely no problems. There's no limit on my card, my address is right, I don't know what I could change.

Well, I guess I'm gonna spend my money in an online store that works. Like GOG or any other. You should really think about your billing partner Matrix, because I NEVER EVER had any problems with my credit card on any online store.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 23
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/29/2010 4:45:42 PM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: philsublime

Oh man. A real pain. I tried to order as well, and it didn't work. I wrote an email to support, but it's a rainy weekend wasted... What a *ç%&/&!

It already happened to me a while ago when I tried to order Fields of Glory. I didn't think about it and bought it directly from Slitherine. There I had absolutely no problems. There's no limit on my card, my address is right, I don't know what I could change.

Well, I guess I'm gonna spend my money in an online store that works. Like GOG or any other. You should really think about your billing partner Matrix, because I NEVER EVER had any problems with my credit card on any online store.

100% true. And it would be nice if they also spoke the Queen's English :)

Twitter

(in reply to philsublime)
Post #: 24
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/29/2010 10:11:01 PM   
Coupon

I had problems a couple months ago when ordering Distant Worlds. What ended up working was using my old land line telephone number and old email account with the cc card info. Things I have never had to do on other on-line stores.

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 25
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/29/2010 11:08:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

ETF,

Try ordering over the phone, sometimes that works better. If you'd like me to hit them with a tac nuke, please e-mail me again at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number. I also thought we'd fixed this for good last time.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Coupon)
Post #: 26
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/30/2010 2:43:13 PM   
Widell

Buying from Sweden with CC has never been an issue for me. The fields in the forms are identical to all other sites from which you buy using CC. i.e Matrix and Digital River are not asking for any additional information compared to anyone else.

Post #: 27
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/31/2010 12:25:15 AM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

ETF,

Try ordering over the phone, sometimes that works better. If you'd like me to hit them with a tac nuke, please e-mail me again at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number. I also thought we'd fixed this for good last time.

Regards,

- Erik

Ya did (as last time) and they hit me with the standard line. Oh sorry can't open the web site. Then it was hmm what was the company again....Matrix right lets see. hmm nope site not working (gee works on my end pls try again). Hmmm what was the name of the game again. Can you spell it to me one more time. I think it is sold out possibly? Are you sure it was just released..... all with a heavy spanish accent. Have to love DR. I did of course use my CC that your online system refuses. Pity as it took 23 minutes over the phone. Just wish you would take AMEX off the system. It does not seem to work for Canadians. Also DR should allow US credit cards to be used by individuals with a non-US IP address. If not then indicate such.

Hey all worth it I guess to get access to the best wargames around.

Twitter

Post #: 28
RE: Why is it so difficult to order products? - 5/31/2010 12:26:48 AM   
ETF

quote:

ORIGINAL: Widell

Buying from Sweden with CC has never been an issue for me. The fields in the forms are identical to all other sites from which you buy using CC. i.e Matrix and Digital River are not asking for any additional information compared to anyone else.

It is not the fields or info they are asking it is that they will not process all cards listed for all nations it seems to me........

Twitter

(in reply to Widell)
Post #: 29
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Why is it so difficult to order products? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI