Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> game crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game crash - 7/28/2002 2:51:07 AM   
joki

I am plaing SPWAW v 6.1 right now ( have played v 7.1 but my old computer died !!) and i am having problem with the scenario Luck and the Last Teutonic Knight. I am playing the german side. When the scenario gets to the 9:th turn the game crashes and I have to start all over again !! I have also played as the russian side with no difference. The same problem happend in v 7.1 !!
Is this an known problem ??
//Joki

Matrix Games players - Divided by borders, united by the game !!
Post #: 1
- 7/28/2002 6:33:47 AM   
kao16

Before trying anything else try...

Delete steel.prf (I think thats the correct extension).

The file is in the matrixgames/steel panthers WAW/save directory.

This will delete your preferences (the file will be recreated next time you load the game but your preferences will be reset to defaults and you may have to adjust them to your personal preferences).

For some reason the Steel.prf file seems to cause (a lot of) these unexplained crashes.

eg: Having upgraded to 7.1 I had a run of crashes, after deleting steel.prf I could play senarios etc without crashes.

The problem tends to reoccur after upgrading to new versions. You are advised to delete the steel.prf after installing/upgrading.

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 2
- 7/28/2002 10:16:47 AM   
Supervisor

If it is happening woth the same scenario at the same time it could be that the scenario is outdated, and was never updated as the game versions changed. How did you arrive at the version 6.1 and 7.1, what was the last full installation version of SPWAW that was installed? This could be a sound issue also as if the last full version installed was prior to 5.3 then you would need the updated stereo sounds.

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 3
- 7/28/2002 3:37:20 PM   
joki

Thanks for the tip !!

The last full installed game was v 5.01 . I then upgraded that to v6.1. I don´t remember how I got v7.1.

Where can I find the updatet stereo sounds ?? I have looked under SPWAW download but didn´t find anything.

//Joki

Matrix Games players - Divided by borders, united by the game !!

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 4
- 7/29/2002 2:26:40 AM   
Bing

I think you will be better off doing one of two things: 1) Buy a Mega Campaign and get the complete game including the sound files or 2) Do a complete v7.1 download, which will include the sound update.

I've tried every source I know of, the sound update isn't there. Fabio used to have it, he had to cut down on the files he makes available. Also, I think with the advent of the MC and the complete v7.1, calls for the sound update (about 200 Megs IIRC) were minimal.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 5
SPWAW Stereo sounds - 7/29/2002 3:12:15 AM   
Supervisor

Here is where you can get the updated stereo sounds. [URL=ftp://ftp.edome.net/demot/strategia_ja_sotapelit/steel_panthers_waw_stereo_sound_effects_update.zip]SPWAW Stereo sounds[/URL]

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 6
Re: game crash - 7/29/2002 9:34:58 AM   
john g

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joki
[B]I am plaing SPWAW v 6.1 right now ( have played v 7.1 but my old computer died !!) and i am having problem with the scenario Luck and the Last Teutonic Knight. I am playing the german side. When the scenario gets to the 9:th turn the game crashes and I have to start all over again !! I have also played as the russian side with no difference. The same problem happend in v 7.1 !!
Is this an known problem ??
//Joki [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it is a version problem. I seem to recall finding a problem with units in this one before when someone asked, there are a few early scenarios (from v1.0 etc) that have units that went screwy (exp 0 morale 0) or have nonexistant weapons.
thanks, John.

(in reply to joki)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> game crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI