game crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

joki -> game crash (7/28/2002 2:51:07 AM)

I am plaing SPWAW v 6.1 right now ( have played v 7.1 but my old computer died !!) and i am having problem with the scenario Luck and the Last Teutonic Knight. I am playing the german side. When the scenario gets to the 9:th turn the game crashes and I have to start all over again !! I have also played as the russian side with no difference. The same problem happend in v 7.1 !!
Is this an known problem ??
//Joki

kao16 -> (7/28/2002 6:33:47 AM)

Before trying anything else try...

Delete steel.prf (I think thats the correct extension).

The file is in the matrixgames/steel panthers WAW/save directory.

This will delete your preferences (the file will be recreated next time you load the game but your preferences will be reset to defaults and you may have to adjust them to your personal preferences).

For some reason the Steel.prf file seems to cause (a lot of) these unexplained crashes.

eg: Having upgraded to 7.1 I had a run of crashes, after deleting steel.prf I could play senarios etc without crashes.

The problem tends to reoccur after upgrading to new versions. You are advised to delete the steel.prf after installing/upgrading.

Supervisor -> (7/28/2002 10:16:47 AM)

If it is happening woth the same scenario at the same time it could be that the scenario is outdated, and was never updated as the game versions changed. How did you arrive at the version 6.1 and 7.1, what was the last full installation version of SPWAW that was installed? This could be a sound issue also as if the last full version installed was prior to 5.3 then you would need the updated stereo sounds.

joki -> (7/28/2002 3:37:20 PM)

Thanks for the tip !!

The last full installed game was v 5.01 . I then upgraded that to v6.1. I donīt remember how I got v7.1.

Where can I find the updatet stereo sounds ?? I have looked under SPWAW download but didnīt find anything.

//Joki

Bing -> (7/29/2002 2:26:40 AM)

I think you will be better off doing one of two things: 1) Buy a Mega Campaign and get the complete game including the sound files or 2) Do a complete v7.1 download, which will include the sound update.

I've tried every source I know of, the sound update isn't there. Fabio used to have it, he had to cut down on the files he makes available. Also, I think with the advent of the MC and the complete v7.1, calls for the sound update (about 200 Megs IIRC) were minimal.

Bing

Supervisor -> SPWAW Stereo sounds (7/29/2002 3:12:15 AM)

Here is where you can get the updated stereo sounds. [URL=ftp://ftp.edome.net/demot/strategia_ja_sotapelit/steel_panthers_waw_stereo_sound_effects_update.zip]SPWAW Stereo sounds[/URL]

john g -> Re: game crash (7/29/2002 9:34:58 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joki
[B]I am plaing SPWAW v 6.1 right now ( have played v 7.1 but my old computer died !!) and i am having problem with the scenario Luck and the Last Teutonic Knight. I am playing the german side. When the scenario gets to the 9:th turn the game crashes and I have to start all over again !! I have also played as the russian side with no difference. The same problem happend in v 7.1 !!
Is this an known problem ??
//Joki [/B][/QUOTE]

I think it is a version problem. I seem to recall finding a problem with units in this one before when someone asked, there are a few early scenarios (from v1.0 etc) that have units that went screwy (exp 0 morale 0) or have nonexistant weapons.
thanks, John.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI