Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: When?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: When? - 6/1/2010 3:35:14 PM   
werwolf

No.....July is correct the problem is the year...........................

ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah.................

(in reply to CrusssDaddy)
Post #: 1981
RE: When? - 6/1/2010 7:26:03 PM   
Skanvak

As the year won't be right any way, may be we should start a poll about the exact month and day of the year we want the game out we might have a good result on that (of course, as we cannot ask a year that might end as asked day and month of 2088).

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to werwolf)
Post #: 1982
RE: When? - 6/1/2010 9:28:24 PM   
Sewerlobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy
Hahaha, July was the date I gave in my April Fool's post (since callously removed by admins). It's the joke that keeps on giving!

That's just too funny.

Why choose the lesser evil: Vote Cthulhu.

Post #: 1983
RE: When? - 6/1/2010 10:30:35 PM   
Patience

Absolutely Amazing.  I hope you pessimists are wrong.  One would think after reading your responses that there isn't a hopeful thought among any of the folks that frequent this site.  Everyone seems to fully believe that the game will be released when hell freezes over and not a minute before. Its too bad that this mentality has cultivated itself among the followers of this amazing game at this site.  I'm sure Steve is doing everything he can to bring it to market and sooner than later.  I'm sure there is an army of WiF followers who have waited and waited since 2003 to have this in their PC.  If they are to believe what you all think then we all may as well give up on it and resign ourselves to the fact that the task was just too much to keep people waiting as long as it's been.  As for me I will stay hopeful that Steve and the folks that truly contributed to his efforts will bring this masterpiece to market soon.

"Time is the greatest teacher... Unfortunately she kills all her students."

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 1984
RE: When? - 6/1/2010 10:35:08 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

quote:

Everyone seems to fully believe that the game will be released when hell freezes over and not a minute before.

Not true...

Many of us just don't want to be the first to start another game of Forums In Flames.

It will be done when it is done.

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

(in reply to Patience)
Post #: 1985
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 1:09:46 AM   
Sewerlobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamuraiProgrammer
Many of us just don't want to be the first to start another game of Forums In Flames.

Yeah, we'll have to bid for sides, it'll take weeks -- and that's no fun.

(in reply to SamuraiProgrmmr)
Post #: 1986
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 4:02:19 AM   
Anendrue

quote:

ORIGINAL: SewerStarFish

quote:

ORIGINAL: SamuraiProgrammer

Yeah, we'll have to bid for sides, it'll take weeks -- and that's no fun.

Agreed, last round was not very pretty.

Integrity is what you do when nobody is watching.

(in reply to Sewerlobster)
Post #: 1987
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 4:24:49 AM   
Patience

Then don't.  I simply asked a question and pointed out my optimism.  I don't need the unnecessary ridicule and sarcasm.

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 1988
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 12:31:59 PM   
Anendrue

quote:

ORIGINAL: Patience

Then don't.  I simply asked a question and pointed out my optimism.  I don't need the unnecessary ridicule and sarcasm.

Nobody is being sarcastic or ridiculing you at all except for the two trolls. They go after anyone who has any optinism at all. Most of us have learned by the school of hard knock to avoid those two. They activly promote dissent here any time someone shows a spark of optimism. I sometimes wonder who they work. Some of us are under NDA's and are prohibited from saying much if anything about release dates. So the best we can do legally is to just try to avoid specific discussions that get into the issue. The last few posts are doing just that with an attempt at humor. I guess it just fell flat. My apologies for that.

Whenever Matrix is ready to release they will gear up the promotion bandwagon and start cheering it on. To me, the cue to watch for are posts made by Seand. He is the Marketing, Press Relations and Project Manager. Also watch for other key people in the company as they make announcements too. Watch their posts for cues on release dates for any of Matrix's products. This is why, when I see 3rd party releases not verifiably connected to Matrix or any announcment they have made, I take them with a grain of salt.

I hope this explains what is going on here.

(in reply to Patience)
Post #: 1989
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 1:27:40 PM   
yvesp

quote:

Steve
I just ran across this add and was wondering if the release date is accurate.

http://games.gamepressure.com/game_info.asp?ID=2762

If the mentionned add is correct this implies that somebody up in the skies has decided that long is too long, and that a release should be done. It is interesting to note that the add doesn't mention any player vs computer mode ; hence it is fairly credible.
For the first time, I see a release date that seems in phase with the state of the game.

The nagging question I have is how this will be received on the market, whether further development will be done (especially AI) and whether a no AI initial release will not kill the sales of the next version (with AI), supposing there is one. I'm fairly pessimistic.

I know this is good news for many around and I'm happy for them.
But I won't buy that product, which for me smells more like an upgraded version of CWIF.
It's not a game, but an electronic boardgame. Quite different.

Yves

(in reply to Patience)
Post #: 1990
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 3:16:26 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

quote:

Absolutely Amazing.  I hope you pessimists are wrong.  One would think after reading your responses that there isn't a hopeful thought among any of the folks that frequent this site.  Everyone seems to fully believe that the game will be released when hell freezes over and not a minute before. Its too bad that this mentality has cultivated itself among the followers of this amazing game at this site.  I'm sure Steve is doing everything he can to bring it to market and sooner than later.  I'm sure there is an army of WiF followers who have waited and waited since 2003 to have this in their PC.  If they are to believe what you all think then we all may as well give up on it and resign ourselves to the fact that the task was just too much to keep people waiting as long as it's been.  As for me I will stay hopeful that Steve and the folks that truly contributed to his efforts will bring this masterpiece to market soon.

quote:

I simply asked a question and pointed out my optimism. I don't need the unnecessary ridicule and sarcasm.

Sorry, I didn't see a question.

Also, I didn't use any sarcasm.

Admittedly, I tried to be 'cute' but I stand by my remarks.

I will not apologize for being 'cute' as my wife tells me it is impossible for me to be otherwise

Seriously,

We are all on your side, Patience. I personally appreciate you calling attention to the add. However, I felt impugned by your remars that I quoted above. I don't expect (or want) an apology, but I felt that it required a response.

Have a great day and a great summer! Besides, Starcraft ][ is about to come out! WOOHOOO!

Bridge is the best wargame going .. Where else can you find a tournament every weekend?

(in reply to Patience)
Post #: 1991
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 3:27:02 PM   
Patience

Thank you abj9562 and Yvesp,

I understand that folks within the company and within certain circles are unable to talk about release dates.  I know this first hand and inevitably it seems the public in a round about way always seem to catch wind of something new before others who should.  This is the unfortunate bane of most marketing departments and causes consternation among those who readily have to answer the questions about weather the information floating around is true.

Also the point yvesp makes about there being no AI mentioned in the add is probably the best argument to date that this is not the product release, if it is that, many of us are hoping for.  I can wait and will wait for a working version with AI.  I have the ALPHA Version of CWIF and a son who loves to play the board game.  My friends and I have been waiting a very long time for the end product and will continue to wait.

Again thanks to you both.

(in reply to yvesp)
Post #: 1992
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 3:31:41 PM   
Patience

Samuraiprogrammer,

I did not mean to offend you.  I have read your posts and put you in the category of "those that have truly contributed to these efforts".  for that i owe you a thank you!!!

(in reply to Patience)
Post #: 1993
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 3:35:52 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

No problems... all is cool... check your private messages.

(in reply to Patience)
Post #: 1994
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 4:06:49 PM   
CrusssDaddy

The good news is that cockamamie webpage gives you the option to rate MWiF. C'mon fanboys, get over there and rate a game that does not exist! Gotta get that 36% up, if Matrix sees that they'll never release it...

Post #: 1995
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 4:08:27 PM   
Patience

I did already.  Gave it the big thumbs up. lol

Post #: 1996
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 4:26:08 PM   
BallyJ

Best sugestion so far.
Not sure about the fanboy comment!!!
Gave my 10/10
LOL
quote:

ORIGINAL: CrusssDaddy

The good news is that cockamamie webpage gives you the option to rate MWiF. C'mon fanboys, get over there and rate a game that does not exist! Gotta get that 36% up, if Matrix sees that they'll never release it...

Post #: 1997
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 4:31:22 PM   
Patience

Apparently you can rate it every day so i did it again.  lol up to 39%

(in reply to BallyJ)
Post #: 1998
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 5:08:54 PM   
SamuraiProgrmmr

Up to 40

I tried voting again and it says that you can only vote once per week.

Of course there is computer at home, computer at work... wife's computer, cell phone, etc.

Unfortunately, just using a different browser (firefox instead of IE) does not matter.

(in reply to Patience)
Post #: 1999
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 5:20:40 PM   
Anendrue

I just looked and it's up to 43.

Post #: 2000
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 5:50:52 PM   
aaronden

This lurker just bumped it to 46%. : )

Hi all. I've been watching this site for the last few years, and will continue to do so at least until we have a product available. Count me in the optimistic group.

30+ year wargamer, rpg'er, computer gamer, etc... Many, many games of ASL, Third Reich and others. I have owned much of the WiF product line for many years now, but have never quite had the ambition or space to launch a game. Can't wait to play a game on my PC.

Looking forward to the next update.

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2001
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 5:55:19 PM   
Patience

Welcome!!  Another long time gamer.

(in reply to aaronden)
Post #: 2002
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 5:56:45 PM   
Anendrue

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaronden

This lurker just bumped it to 46%. : )

Hi all. I've been watching this site for the last few years, and will continue to do so at least until we have a product available. Count me in the optimistic group.

30+ year wargamer, rpg'er, computer gamer, etc... Many, many games of ASL, Third Reich and others. I have owned much of the WiF product line for many years now, but have never quite had the ambition or space to launch a game. Can't wait to play a game on my PC.

Looking forward to the next update.

Welcome Aboard!

(in reply to aaronden)
Post #: 2003
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 6:01:57 PM   
CrusssDaddy

See what I've done? Gotten you kids motivated and energized. This is why I can't understand all the hate you guys lay on me.

What's the over/under on "Nothing new" in the forthcoming update? If it's 6.5-7.5, put me down for $50 on "over".

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2004
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 6:11:24 PM   
Anendrue

I get pretty motivated when I gotta run down the hall to the WC too .

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2005
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 7:37:10 PM   
Triboga

I'm saving time for August after read this new release date. Probably it won't be done, but I have my hopes pinned on this release date (before the next one)

"Prefiero arrasar un país que dejarlo en manos de Herejes"

http://elgrancapitan91.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2006
RE: When? - 6/2/2010 8:24:42 PM   
michaelbaldur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Triboga

I'm saving time for August after read this new release date. Probably it won't be done, but I have my hopes pinned on this release date (before the next one)

just to be clear ... there are no release date yet ....

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to Triboga)
Post #: 2007
RE: When? - 6/3/2010 5:23:17 AM   
BallyJ

62% now

(in reply to aaronden)
Post #: 2008
RE: When? - 6/3/2010 8:34:26 AM   
paulderynck

My two desktops, laptop and netbook all worked but the Mac got the message about already voting.

Oh well, maybe next week...

Paul

(in reply to BallyJ)
Post #: 2009
RE: When? - 6/3/2010 2:53:29 PM   
wfzimmerman

quote:

ORIGINAL: abj9562

Whenever Matrix is ready to release they will gear up the promotion bandwagon and start cheering it on. To me, the cue to watch for are posts made by Seand. He is the Marketing, Press Relations and Project Manager. Also watch for other key people in the company as they make announcements too. Watch their posts for cues on release dates for any of Matrix's products. This is why, when I see 3rd party releases not verifiably connected to Matrix or any announcment they have made, I take them with a grain of salt.

I hope this explains what is going on here.

+2 for useful post.

(in reply to Anendrue)
Post #: 2010
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: When? Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI