Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Crash - Please Help -

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Campaign Crash - Please Help - Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 6/10/2010 5:49:33 PM   
Polbot

Hello everyone!

Just re-installed CS with the 1.04 update on Vista. Encountered a bug, and didn't see a post for it yet in the forums. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Started a Barbarossa South DCG as Soviets using the new MCS orgs. I played through my first battle, but when I click to end the game after the last turn the game crashes.

I get the box to see my victory score and losses, and then I hear the audio from the Russian commander commenting on my performance. However I do not see his picture, the game is still showing the battlefield. I am unable to proceed after this point.

I hard-closed the game and tried to resume the DCG, but the battle has not advanced. I can still only resume in the last turn and then the same bug happens again when I try to finish.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for your help.
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 6/11/2010 5:08:17 PM   
Polbot

Quick update:

Re-installed the game completely, didn't help. Tried starting a DCG as Germans and the same thing happened.

I get to the end of a battle, where you see the victory score box. I click OK and hear the voice of the commander commenting on my performance, but his picture doesn't pop on the screen. The game is just stuck on the battle screen (crashed).

Do you have any ideas? Have played this game since Talonsoft's EF 1.0 and this really sucks :(

(in reply to Polbot)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 8/8/2010 10:46:06 PM   
shadowX

i havent had that problem although ive had 2 campaigns crash on me now. the second one just crashed. when i try to start a new battle thats when it crashes. i read that someone else had this happen and it was when replacements came. i have yet to finish a campaign and im getting really tired of playing a campaign for 6 months only to have it crash on me. i really like this game but im starting to wonder if playing it is worth it if its just going to crash on me again. [:@

(in reply to Polbot)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 8/9/2010 12:36:16 AM   
Jason Petho

What is the date of your campaigns when the game is crashing?

Jason Petho

(in reply to shadowX)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 8/9/2010 5:02:34 AM   
shadowX

my first campaign crashed after the 12/11/42 battle. after a few days it let me load another battle on 1/14/43 with the same xp i had going into the battle on 12/11, as if that battle had never been played, and play it but then crashed when it was over. after the campaign series icon finished instead of going to the screen that tells me if i won a medal or not it crashed. the 2nd one, the one that just crashed today it was after 10/7/43. i clicked to play the next battle and thats when it crashed again. im assuming when it tried to give me upgrades. ive started a third campaign and i hope i can get through this one. ive only played ef2, the barbarosa campaigns. another thing not related but interesting is that the first campaign i had 3 bn of tanks however on the second one i only had 2, and all the available corps only offer 2 bn's. strange that i got 3 before but only 2 now unless something was done from your side. i did reinstall and update the game between the 2 campaigns so i guess the 3rd bn was removed from the oob.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 5
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 8/9/2010 3:11:06 PM   
Jason Petho

Thanks for the heads up on the dates, shadow, it will make tracking down what the problem might be a lot easier.

I'll take a look at the OOB's over the next couple of nights to see if there are any errors in those time frames.

Jason Petho

(in reply to shadowX)
Post #: 6
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 8/12/2010 5:42:04 AM   
Jason Petho

I'm not having much luck yet finding where the issue is with the OOB.

Which organization did you choose? Do you recall?

Jason Petho

Post #: 7
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 8/27/2010 6:21:55 AM   
shadowX

my org was xxiv corps 4pz dv 35pz rtg. on barb central. ef2. hope that helps. tks.

Post #: 8
RE: Campaign Crash - Please Help - - 12/21/2010 3:09:08 PM   
tiwaz

HI
i have almost the same problem , when i play EF DCG the game always crash  when i come to dec 42 , when the last battle in nov is clear and i push the button BEGIN NEXT BATTLE the game crash, a message says EF exe stop working, always when dec month starts.
It happens the same with all OOB, except the old talonsofts OOB.
I never had any problems with Wf or RS (so far)

< Message edited by tiwaz -- 12/21/2010 8:16:08 PM >

(in reply to Polbot)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Campaign Crash - Please Help - Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI