Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why won't my tankers move?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Why won't my tankers move? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why won't my tankers move? - 7/30/2002 9:39:41 AM   
victor semensi

This keeps happening to me:

I form 2 TF's, one with only AP's the other just TK's. Both are set to routine convoys, patrol/no retire and same destination, from Truk to the Shortland Islands. The AP's go on their merry way but the tankers move 3 hexes and stop for good. If I set them to human control they will go on to Rabaul. What gives?
Post #: 1
- 7/30/2002 10:19:19 AM   
Drongo

When you said they will go to Rabaul, did you mean the Shortland Islands?

Your problem sounds like it is a result of a combination of factors mentioned in manual section 9.11 (Routine Convoys). Several factors could be causing it.

1) 9.11 says that only one routine convoy will be in transit to a base at any one time (you said you had 2).
2) It may also relate somehow to to level of fuel at the destination base (is it greater than 20000). This one is a long shot!
3) If the convoys are CS rather than Routine, the manual states that the TF will default every turn to retirement allowed (this may apply to both). Changed circumstances (ie Enemy LBA in the area) may have just occurred.

I have never seen what you described in my games but unless someone can tell you exactly how to fix this, playing round with what I mentioned may (hopefully) clear up the problem.

Have no fear,
drink more beer.

(in reply to victor semensi)
Post #: 2
- 7/30/2002 10:41:51 AM   
victor semensi

Thanks, I'm sure it's one of those factors that's stopping them. I just find it odd that it's always the TK task forces that stop and never the AP/AK ones.

Post #: 3
It was the no 2 Routine Convoys same destination limita... - 7/30/2002 12:38:05 PM   
Ron Saueracker

Just put tankers in with APs and AKs and toggle "load supplies". The tankers will load fuel as this is all they can carry. Voila!;)

Yammas from The Apo-Tiki Lounge. Future site of WITP AE benders! And then the s--t hit the fan

Post #: 4
- 7/31/2002 7:51:40 PM   
chrisp

For what it's worth, I also have the "tanker balk" problem. I had TF 242, a CS to Tulagi carrying fuel stop 3 hexes away from Noumea and just sit there. Every turn, I got a message saying it was returning to Noumea, but it didn't move. This is a CS, mind, not a Routine Convoy, so it should have just kept moving (it was set to Patrol/No Retirement).

Finally had to put it under human control and send it off to Tulagi myself.

Chris P.

Post #: 5
tanker balk - 8/1/2002 12:02:36 AM   
rhohltjr

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chrisp
[B]For what it's worth, I also have the "tanker balk" problem. I had TF 242, a CS to Tulagi carrying fuel stop 3 hexes away from Noumea and just sit there. Every turn, I got a message saying it was returning to Noumea, but it didn't move. This is a CS, mind, not a Routine Convoy, so it should have just kept moving (it was set to Patrol/No Retirement).

Finally had to put it under human control and send it off to Tulagi myself.

Chris P. [/B][/QUOTE]

This happens to me too. So it appears that it is not dependent upon allies or axis side.

:(

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Why won't my tankers move? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI