Why won't my tankers move? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support

victor semensi -> Why won't my tankers move? (7/30/2002 9:39:41 AM)

This keeps happening to me:

I form 2 TF's, one with only AP's the other just TK's. Both are set to routine convoys, patrol/no retire and same destination, from Truk to the Shortland Islands. The AP's go on their merry way but the tankers move 3 hexes and stop for good. If I set them to human control they will go on to Rabaul. What gives?

Drongo -> (7/30/2002 10:19:19 AM)

When you said they will go to Rabaul, did you mean the Shortland Islands?

Your problem sounds like it is a result of a combination of factors mentioned in manual section 9.11 (Routine Convoys). Several factors could be causing it.

1) 9.11 says that only one routine convoy will be in transit to a base at any one time (you said you had 2).
2) It may also relate somehow to to level of fuel at the destination base (is it greater than 20000). This one is a long shot!
3) If the convoys are CS rather than Routine, the manual states that the TF will default every turn to retirement allowed (this may apply to both). Changed circumstances (ie Enemy LBA in the area) may have just occurred.

I have never seen what you described in my games but unless someone can tell you exactly how to fix this, playing round with what I mentioned may (hopefully) clear up the problem.

victor semensi -> (7/30/2002 10:41:51 AM)

Thanks, I'm sure it's one of those factors that's stopping them. I just find it odd that it's always the TK task forces that stop and never the AP/AK ones.

Ron Saueracker -> It was the no 2 Routine Convoys same destination limitation (7/30/2002 12:38:05 PM)

Just put tankers in with APs and AKs and toggle "load supplies". The tankers will load fuel as this is all they can carry. Voila!;)

chrisp -> (7/31/2002 7:51:40 PM)

For what it's worth, I also have the "tanker balk" problem. I had TF 242, a CS to Tulagi carrying fuel stop 3 hexes away from Noumea and just sit there. Every turn, I got a message saying it was returning to Noumea, but it didn't move. This is a CS, mind, not a Routine Convoy, so it should have just kept moving (it was set to Patrol/No Retirement).

Finally had to put it under human control and send it off to Tulagi myself.

Chris P.

rhohltjr -> tanker balk (8/1/2002 12:02:36 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by chrisp
[B]For what it's worth, I also have the "tanker balk" problem. I had TF 242, a CS to Tulagi carrying fuel stop 3 hexes away from Noumea and just sit there. Every turn, I got a message saying it was returning to Noumea, but it didn't move. This is a CS, mind, not a Routine Convoy, so it should have just kept moving (it was set to Patrol/No Retirement).

Finally had to put it under human control and send it off to Tulagi myself.

Chris P. [/B][/QUOTE]

This happens to me too. So it appears that it is not dependent upon allies or axis side.

:(

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI