Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.0.4.9 Spaceport build/retrofit bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.0.4.9 Spaceport build/retrofit bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.0.4.9 Spaceport build/retrofit bug - 7/7/2010 12:42:14 AM   
foxtrot7

So I have a few spaceports that did not allow me to construct anything. It was driving me nuts so I did some looking into. Figured it might be a shortage of resources but all the planet cargos looked peachy but I noticed that these spaceports did not appear on the construction screen. Then I noticed what was in the respective planet cargos. There were several modules in the planets cargo (IE the manufacturers and the constructors) when they belonged on the spaceport. Then it struck me. The spaceports in question I gave a retrofit mission to before completion of the spaceport. I figured it would act as a queue and retrofit after station completion or visa-versa. I did not find anything in the 1.0.5.7 patch notes so I figured I would post this.
Post #: 1
RE: 1.0.4.9 Spaceport build/retrofit bug - 7/7/2010 12:02:34 PM   
MuthaF

i am not sure i understand this post. If spaceport has appropiate facilities in working order, they CAN construct. That means: Only 2 spaceport related reasons when u cant build anything(building size etc doesnt matter in context):   1. spaceport doesnt have construction facilities (spaceyard+component manufacturers) 2. spaceport has spaceyard+component manufacturers, but they are under construction/damaged/retroffiting   So can you please clarify(best with screenshots): 1 do you have facilites on spacport to build stuff 2 if so, are they functional?   thing is, tens of players including me rutinely retrofit stuff and havent noticed any similar problems mind you: spaceport component on planet -> of course, its the planet that builds spaceport, so it has to manufacture them first..  

(in reply to foxtrot7)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.0.4.9 Spaceport build/retrofit bug - 7/8/2010 3:07:13 AM   
foxtrot7

Guess it was worded wierd. Begin construction of spaceport Before completion retrofit to a new design Retrofit completes but some components are still on the planets cargo hold and thus the spaceport is never finished

(in reply to MuthaF)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.0.4.9 Spaceport build/retrofit bug - 7/8/2010 8:37:36 AM   
sbach2o

I think I've done this with a number of space ports that were under construction while I purchased them from an AI empire. Usually I didn't want their designs and retrofitted right away because it was possible.

These retrofits often took a very long time to finish, sometimes with little weirednesses regarding the results that I didn't look closer into. I think most issues could be resolved by retrofitting again to a newer design.

I mostly did that during game versions 1.0.3.x or earlier, trading planets has been more difficult since. And I now (still playing 1.0.4x) continue having issues with stuck construction queues, both planetary and space ports', which is making me very cautious about retrofitting anything while still under construction. I have no idea whether that helps any, though. Where I have such stuck queues, no retrofit during construction was at play, since I have effectively stopped doing it.

But you're right: so long as a retrofit for an item under construcction is possible, it should work without hitches.

(in reply to foxtrot7)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1.0.4.9 Spaceport build/retrofit bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI