Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Few strange things I've seen lately

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Few strange things I've seen lately Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Few strange things I've seen lately - 12/3/2000 7:48:00 AM   
Blackbird

Some of this stuff maybe was here, but it's much easier to put it all in one post. I've bought four Tupolev's and two of them were used as recon. First one got few hits and he was retreating altough after few turns he had suppression 0. That's not strange, but second one was under fire for long time from all kind of weapons. Well, I'm not expert for this stuff, but to me it looks strange when inf. gun or rifle-granade or mortar hits an aircraft. He had damage over 40, but was not retreating. When assinging unit to new group, the 0 unit stays the same, but looses the parentheses. Cheating with commando units is still possible. I have lost many scouts in minefields, but sometimes when they are gone, I can still select them with 'next' button.

Post #: 1
- 12/3/2000 9:53:00 AM   
Wild Bill

The Tupelov, you are speaking of the aircraft of course. So you are moving it four hexes at a time on the map? It could be that the game is considering it a ground target when you do that. I'll try it. And the others. No, I have not seen them, but I'll run a few tests...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 2
- 12/3/2000 9:57:00 AM   
Bonzo

How do you cheat with comando units? They sneak... I mean infiltrate the enemy's position and make an "'orrible mess" before dying nobly. Ya gotta like that!!! ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 3
- 12/3/2000 9:58:00 AM   
Major Destruction

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blackbird: I've bought four Tupolev's and two of them were used as recon. First one got few hits and he was retreating altough after few turns he had suppression 0. That's not strange, but second one was under fire for long time from all kind of weapons. *** your aircraft was taxiing. When assinging unit to new group, the 0 unit stays the same, but looses the parentheses. *** correct. The unit is the '0' unit but the commander is in a different unit. Cheating with commando units is still possible. **Please explain. I have lost many scouts in minefields, but sometimes when they are gone, I can still select them with 'next' button. *** where do they appear? Or do they?

They struggled with a ferocity that was to be expected of brave men fighting with forlorn hope against an enemy who had the advantage of position......knowing that courage was the one thing that would save them.

Julius Caesar, 57 BC

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 4
- 12/4/2000 3:43:00 AM   
Blackbird

Originally posted by Major Destruction: *** correct. The unit is the '0' unit but the commander is in a different unit. You're sure about this? But why is that so? Cheating with commando units is still possible. **Please explain. You place them where you wana have them, and then click on everyone to check when will they arrive. If there is T99, you just cancel that unit, and place it again, until it has some small number. So, 100% of your commando units can be succesful. Don't know if you can make that in PBEM or online... I play just against AI or hotseat, but ofcourse that I never use that. I have lost many scouts in minefields, but sometimes when they are gone, I can still select them with 'next' button. *** where do they appear? Or do they? They don't appear. Here is how it goes: I loose B1 unit in mine field, but at bottom of screen it still says B1. I click prev unit, so B0 is selected, and then next unit. And B0 stays selected on the map, but at the bottom of screen it changes to B1. Then you select B2, and after you click prev unit B2 is still selected on map, but at the bottom of the screen is info for B1. Sorry for my English, I hope it makes some sense.

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 5
- 12/4/2000 4:18:00 AM   
Cona

quote:

Originally posted by Blackbird: Originally posted by Major Destruction: *** correct. The unit is the '0' unit but the commander is in a different unit. You're sure about this? But why is that so? [/B]
So far as i known, occurs when you assign a unit with a superior officer to the formation. Unit 0 remains the same, the new unit in command is that with the superior officer. Saludos a todos, Cona.

"War is much too serious to be entrusted to the military." - Tallyrand

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 6
- 12/4/2000 7:31:00 PM   
Alby

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Blackbird: Cheating with commando units is still possible. Wow i just tried this in a test and you sure can cheat with em. Well they need to fix that one for sure!!! No wonder it seems all my opponents commandos always make it!!!

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 7
- 12/5/2000 9:26:00 AM   
Bonzo

I don't see the commandos as a problem,... unless you want to make sure that some of your paratroops don't arrive as well, due to engine problems, mis-navagation, enemy fighters, etc. I have had all my commandos arrive, some arrive in the same hex as enemy units & are promptly killed. This doesn't need fixing, just make sure you have an effective security force in your rear. You need that force anyway due to paratroops. ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 8
- 12/5/2000 9:47:00 AM   
Mike Rothery

All this talk of rear area security has got me thinking.... Its a pity we can't simulate Skorzeny's commandos in the Ardennes offensive. He had some of his men dress in US Army Military Police uniforms and misdirect reinforcements. He also built fake bodywork on his Panthers so they would have the silhouette of an M10 Tank Destroyer. Anything so he got the first shot.

MikeR

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Few strange things I've seen lately Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI