Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pacific Large Map

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Pacific Large Map Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pacific Large Map - 7/6/2010 10:29:39 AM   
Grymme

Well, Grumpy uploaded a large European Map.

I dont want to be any worse so i made a rather large Pacific Map. Its 148*148 hexes.

I have only used the default graphics so there certainly can be made some changes to the map. Not all roads should be of the same quality etc.

Also i have not placed locations, only landscapes and nothing more. So that the map could be used for any scenario/timeperiod etc.

Feel free to download and use it.

Here is a link to it
http://web.comhem.se/olvmyr3/WITP.html

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
Post #: 1
RE: Pacific Large Map - 7/6/2010 2:17:09 PM   
Bombur

What a Great work!!!!

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 2
RE: Pacific Large Map - 7/6/2010 9:48:25 PM   
Josh

It is.
What strikes me is that the AT game engine, combined with this map easily outguns Matrix' newest game SoP, which covers the same area. But the AT engine gives you more flexibility. You only need to put it together... map, units, events and so on and that takes time and skill.
Ofcourse Storm over the Pacific has nice graphics. But that can be added in AT2 as well.

Oh, I almost don't dare to mention this Dutch harbour is written as "Dutsch harbour". Not important, just noticed it.

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 3
RE: Pacific Large Map - 7/6/2010 10:25:55 PM   
Grymme

Josh, yeah. Thanks

That is basicly the problem with AT. The potential for everything is there. You just have to put it all together. Which sometimes takes a while. What i would like is for people to produce things more separatly so that you can just put it together. There have been some atempts at this, but not much. Bomburs mod is one of them. The different NATO masterfiles also. In a perfect world you would just load a map, then apply (for example) a WWII masterfile. Then just place the units and whoha you have a working scenario.

For example. I used the last 20 minutes or so to put together a working map for the Russo-Japanese war in 1904-1905. 20 minutes!!!. Then its just the rest of all of it.

My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: Pacific Large Map - 7/7/2010 3:36:43 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

Josh, yeah. Thanks

That is basicly the problem with AT. The potential for everything is there. You just have to put it all together. Which sometimes takes a while. What i would like is for people to produce things more separatly so that you can just put it together. There have been some atempts at this, but not much. Bomburs mod is one of them. The different NATO masterfiles also. In a perfect world you would just load a map, then apply (for example) a WWII masterfile. Then just place the units and whoha you have a working scenario.

For example. I used the last 20 minutes or so to put together a working map for the Russo-Japanese war in 1904-1905. 20 minutes!!!. Then its just the rest of all of it.

Well, exactly! The potential is there, and like you said there are some mods (Bombur's is a great one), while you make outstanding maps and scenarios. Now all you got to do is put two and two together and make it work.... that's easier said then done We both know that takes countless hours of skilled labour to accomplish such a thing. That is where Vic, betatesters and others come in. I hope. I would love to see it all come together in AT2.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 5
RE: Pacific Large Map - 8/6/2010 3:44:13 AM   
Maddoc06

Nice map, thanks for the work!

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Pacific Large Map Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI