Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HI. Fatigue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> HI. Fatigue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HI. Fatigue - 8/21/2010 5:09:27 AM   
Rankorian

I am mid January against the AI as IJ.

For those of you who are later than that, is there HI that you spent, or did not spend, which you now regret. IJ has a huge number of options: ships, plans, armor, vehicles, ....HI itself. I have had to pump up vehicles (and armor, because of mistakes)....and have not accelerated any shipping (stopped the usual ship)....but it is just hard to look 6-12-48 months ahead.

Fatigue: AE is a tough and realistic simulation. A unit cannot attack every turn for days. Is there a breakpoint for fatigue. No problem with 15? 26? at what point is a unit essentially incapacitated?

Number one principle: The inherent worth and dignity of all people.
Post #: 1
RE: HI. Fatigue - 8/21/2010 7:14:10 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rankorian

I am mid January against the AI as IJ.

For those of you who are later than that, is there HI that you spent, or did not spend, which you now regret. IJ has a huge number of options: ships, plans, armor, vehicles, ....HI itself. I have had to pump up vehicles (and armor, because of mistakes)....and have not accelerated any shipping (stopped the usual ship)....but it is just hard to look 6-12-48 months ahead.

Fatigue: AE is a tough and realistic simulation. A unit cannot attack every turn for days. Is there a breakpoint for fatigue. No problem with 15? 26? at what point is a unit essentially incapacitated?

HI: I generally don't regret anything, and I'm finishing up 43. I haven't accelerated much, and don't build out all my merchies. I have surplus NavSY, MerchSY, Arms, and Vehicles, but it doesn't bother me because the points stockpile forever. My only small regrets are when I don't watch aircraft production or upgrades carefully enough and end up with excess, marginally useful airframes because i didn't stop when the pool was flush; or worse yet extra engines that can't be used because the factory that consumed them upgraded to something else.

Fatigue: From what I've seen, it's pretty much a continuous degradation. So it really depends on the force ratios, if you have the guy really outnumbered you can get good results regardless of fatigue, conversely if you are in a marginal situation you will want to get the fatigue down before attacking, especially if there's any risk of a counterattack after a failed attack.

(in reply to Rankorian)
Post #: 2
RE: HI. Fatigue - 8/21/2010 8:32:18 AM   
comte

Beware of Malaria

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> HI. Fatigue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI