HI. Fatigue (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Rankorian -> HI. Fatigue (8/21/2010 5:09:27 AM)

I am mid January against the AI as IJ.

For those of you who are later than that, is there HI that you spent, or did not spend, which you now regret. IJ has a huge number of options: ships, plans, armor, vehicles, ....HI itself. I have had to pump up vehicles (and armor, because of mistakes)....and have not accelerated any shipping (stopped the usual ship)....but it is just hard to look 6-12-48 months ahead.

Fatigue: AE is a tough and realistic simulation. A unit cannot attack every turn for days. Is there a breakpoint for fatigue. No problem with 15? 26? at what point is a unit essentially incapacitated?

erstad -> RE: HI. Fatigue (8/21/2010 7:14:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rankorian

I am mid January against the AI as IJ.

For those of you who are later than that, is there HI that you spent, or did not spend, which you now regret. IJ has a huge number of options: ships, plans, armor, vehicles, ....HI itself. I have had to pump up vehicles (and armor, because of mistakes)....and have not accelerated any shipping (stopped the usual ship)....but it is just hard to look 6-12-48 months ahead.

Fatigue: AE is a tough and realistic simulation. A unit cannot attack every turn for days. Is there a breakpoint for fatigue. No problem with 15? 26? at what point is a unit essentially incapacitated?

HI: I generally don't regret anything, and I'm finishing up 43. I haven't accelerated much, and don't build out all my merchies. I have surplus NavSY, MerchSY, Arms, and Vehicles, but it doesn't bother me because the points stockpile forever. My only small regrets are when I don't watch aircraft production or upgrades carefully enough and end up with excess, marginally useful airframes because i didn't stop when the pool was flush; or worse yet extra engines that can't be used because the factory that consumed them upgraded to something else.

Fatigue: From what I've seen, it's pretty much a continuous degradation. So it really depends on the force ratios, if you have the guy really outnumbered you can get good results regardless of fatigue, conversely if you are in a marginal situation you will want to get the fatigue down before attacking, especially if there's any risk of a counterattack after a failed attack.

comte -> RE: HI. Fatigue (8/21/2010 8:32:18 AM)

Beware of Malaria

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI