Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about logistics.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Question about logistics. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 7:32:17 AM   
Tordan69

"Once in the battle, players move regiments and divisions, coordinate attacks and manage logistics in what we feel is the definitive game on the campaigns of the early Blitzkrieg."

Hi there, I´m curious about the logistics part of the game. What do you do to manage them and also what do you do with PP, which I presume is some sort of production points? I personally am not at all into managing production of material, deciding what units to "build" and such. I much prefer the here-are-units-make-use-of-them type of game, which is all I´ve seen in AARs and screenshots.
Post #: 1
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 8:07:56 AM   
jomni

Also curious on this one.  How similar and different is it from Advanced Tactics?

(in reply to Tordan69)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 8:33:24 AM   
sprior

There is no production in this game.

PP is Political Points and is used to play cards, aka activate variants such as a para drop, scrapping the Dyle Plan or landing British troops in Poland (or indeed, stopping it).

Logistics is a fairly simple mechanism:

Supply flows from highest HQs to lower HQs and then to normal units. Supply can only flow
from its source HQ to a final destination unit within 250 action points of the original source.

If the distance from the original source to the target unit is more than 100 AP, only a part of the
requested supplies can be delivered. If more than 100, only 75% will arrive; if more than 150,
only 50% will arrive; if more than 200 only 25% will arrive.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 8:49:20 AM   
jomni

What about replacements?
Does it come in the same flavor at AT?
Individual Infantry, MG, Tanks flow to HQ then from HQ to individual units?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 11:45:51 AM   
Barthheart

No, it's not like AT at all. You don't produce any units.

You can sometimes "buy" whole divisions with PP to bolster your lines bu there are no piecemeal replacements.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to jomni)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 12:01:37 PM   
Tordan69

Thanks guys, all fighting and no building, nice ;)

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 6
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 2:16:36 PM   
Hexagon

Well, replacements are an important part in a campaign and they are missing, not all casualties are forever and missing soldiers and light injuried can return to the battle... this is another feature missing in the game.

PD: even they can return in add-hoc units

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 9/9/2010 2:17:03 PM >

(in reply to Tordan69)
Post #: 7
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 2:43:11 PM   
Barthheart

In Case Yellow scenario the French do start getting adhoc units after their losses start to pile up.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 8
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 3:45:19 PM   
Tordan69

Just to clarify my preference, I absolutely agree that replacements are an important aspect, at least over longer periods of time. I personally don´t want to sit and control the "manufacturing" apparatus and I understand that this game is on the operational level i.e. I will by some mechanic be provided with additional forces.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 9
RE: Question about logistics. - 9/9/2010 3:46:15 PM   
Hexagon

I see, dont know this feature, well, i only play small scens to know how work the game, long scens are for the near future when start to see first final patches, i want try the team gameplay

I think that for replacements an easy solution is add a replacements card (if isnt present now) that give a x% of replacements in a division/corp if you can buy a new division for the same cost you can send the same number of troops to existing units that lose points in experience to prevent exploits for example

EDIT: the game have the card system as easy way to add replacements, other option is add as for supply a % of replacements per division and a PR value (points for replacements) that you can receive as scenario design and trading PP for PR.

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 9/9/2010 3:48:11 PM >

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Question about logistics. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI