Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supply - 9/20/2010 10:43:55 PM   
goodwoodrw

I'm seriously struggling with supply. I can trace a line back to each HQ, but still some of my forward units are out of supply. If I use the supply overlay when I click on OHK HQ it is green right through my forward units, however when I click on my lower HQs the trace is orange! Please help.
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: Supply - 9/20/2010 11:43:47 PM   
Fazman

there is a distance formula in the manual. the farther out you get the more move points required.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: Supply - 9/21/2010 12:17:47 AM   
goodwoodrw

How do you increase points?

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Fazman)
Post #: 3
RE: Supply - 9/21/2010 2:03:37 AM   
Fazman

your sub HQ's as they move out eat up more and more of the AP required to receive max supply from your army groups.
you cant increase the points, only try to minimize the AP cost by spacing HQ's and then their sub commands.

for the germans in Poland, supply comes in from Frankfurt? and then the 250AP move points start ticking from there?

So it comes down to keeping the roads and bridges open and careful spacing between HQ's and then turning down the supply requests of background/guard units.
I'm guessing its like this, anyone?

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 4
RE: Supply - 9/23/2010 8:44:39 PM   
schwaryfalke

Hi,

Supply flows through the HQ chain of command OKH >Army>Corps>Unit. SO even if the overlay from OKH shows green,it can be out of supply due to the poor position of a sub-HQ in the chain.

(in reply to Fazman)
Post #: 5
RE: Supply - 9/23/2010 9:47:41 PM   
borsook79

Speaking about supply, currently to see supply overlay we have to find the HQ unit, shouldn't the supply button be available after selecting any unit? Now if I want to see how does the supply travel to my unit I have to click on its HQ, supply button and find again the unit in question. It would be much easier to just click on the unit and supply button.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to schwaryfalke)
Post #: 6
RE: Supply - 10/1/2010 8:57:33 AM   
cillmhor

So rather than keeping your HQs too close to the front line, I should try and space Army HQs somewhere between the advancing Corps and OKH in Fall Gelb, and then the Corps HQs again somewhere between the Divisions and the Army HQ? And limit the supply of some units which are not close to the action?

I only say this as in my recent Fall Gelb game I kept my Group, Army and Corps HQs pretty close to the advance, and supply was pretty healthy right up until near the end when the front line had moved as far west as Paris and Bolougne, only then did I start to get yellow indicators on units, despite the fact that their Army and Corps HQs were very close to them.

In other words is the most effective supply chain, just that an evenly-spaced heirarchical chain stretching across the map? And do flak units have any impact on supply, as they tend to start the game combined with an HQ?

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 7
RE: Supply - 10/1/2010 4:04:26 PM   
Barthheart

THe real main concern for good supply is keeping to HQ's, all levels, on connected rail lines. Corps HQ's should stay within 8-10 hexes of their Divisions to make sure they are giving full combat bonuses.
Army HQ's and higher just need to maintain a clear rail line path to their lower HQ's. THis can mean rearranging commands or the locations of the group HQ's.
Also note that in Case White the Polish rail lines take a turn to become useful by the Germans to simulate the need to change the rail gauge.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to cillmhor)
Post #: 8
RE: Supply - 10/2/2010 2:39:52 AM   
bairdlander2

What about hexes that are empty,behind my lines yet still controlled by eneamy?Supply path does not go through said hexes and I need to send units back to cover those hexes.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 9
RE: Supply - 10/2/2010 10:50:22 AM   
cillmhor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barthheart

THe real main concern for good supply is keeping to HQ's, all levels, on connected rail lines. Corps HQ's should stay within 8-10 hexes of their Divisions to make sure they are giving full combat bonuses.
Army HQ's and higher just need to maintain a clear rail line path to their lower HQ's. THis can mean rearranging commands or the locations of the group HQ's.
Also note that in Case White the Polish rail lines take a turn to become useful by the Germans to simulate the need to change the rail gauge.

Thanks for that, all clear now. I just have to make sure that I keep the HQs close to the rail line. In a full on advance, it is sometimes to keep track of all those Corps HQs and there divisions! Especially with some of the more subtle colour schemes.

(in reply to Barthheart)
Post #: 10
RE: Supply - 10/2/2010 12:42:16 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

What about hexes that are empty,behind my lines yet still controlled by eneamy?Supply path does not go through said hexes and I need to send units back to cover those hexes.

Yes you need to claim those hexes if they are on a rail line.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 11
RE: Supply - 10/2/2010 12:46:09 PM   
Barthheart

quote:

ORIGINAL: cillmhor
Thanks for that, all clear now. I just have to make sure that I keep the HQs close to the rail line. .....

Not just close to tthe rail line but on it. If you can't be on a rail line then try to be on a road. As soon as you step off the rail net the supply travel cost per hex shoots way up.

HQ's have no real reason to be running through fields smelling the flowers....

(in reply to cillmhor)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI