Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

".eqp" error driving me crazy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> ".eqp" error driving me crazy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/7/2010 3:56:02 PM   
Hansolo88

I was playing France14 with my opponent; he was playing as the Germans, sent me his first turn. I loaded it up, set my password, no problems. We played maybe 4 turns and decided it really isn't that great of a scenario. So we decide to give "Before the Leaves Fall" a chance.

Once again my opponent is the Germans, and sends me the first turn. This time, when I try to load it up, after setting my password I get a "you are playing with wrong .eqp file" error, then the game closes. I ask my opponent about this, he tells me to put an .eqp file named after the scenario in my graphics and altgraphics folders. So I do this, renaming the .eqp file he sent me for another scenario but no dice. I also try putting it in the scenario and saves folder, still same error. I can load the base scenario no problem, but I can't get the darn .pbl file to work.

This is driving me absolutely crazy! I never remember having problems like this with TOAW:COW. Is this a TOAW III thing, or a 3.4 thing, or what?

Post #: 1
RE: ".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/7/2010 7:58:30 PM   
Telumar

That's entirely weird as "Home before the leaves fall" doesn't require a special equipment file. Maybe you should start again. Tell your opponent to delete his equipment file.

(in reply to Hansolo88)
Post #: 2
RE: ".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/7/2010 8:37:44 PM   
artcrusher

Sometimes the game does this for no explicable reason. I've had happen twice but the fix is easy. You need to create a .eqp file named exactly as the scenario and place it in the Graphics folder (no need in the Altgraphics folder). You also need to go into the neww .eqp folder and rename the EQP file in there also or it won't work.

(in reply to Hansolo88)
Post #: 3
RE: ".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/7/2010 9:40:38 PM   
Telumar

Wow, never happened to me.

(in reply to artcrusher)
Post #: 4
RE: ".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/7/2010 10:57:50 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hansolo88

I was playing France14 with my opponent; he was playing as the Germans, sent me his first turn. I loaded it up, set my password, no problems. We played maybe 4 turns and decided it really isn't that great of a scenario. So we decide to give "Before the Leaves Fall" a chance.

Once again my opponent is the Germans, and sends me the first turn. This time, when I try to load it up, after setting my password I get a "you are playing with wrong .eqp file" error, then the game closes. I ask my opponent about this, he tells me to put an .eqp file named after the scenario in my graphics and altgraphics folders. So I do this, renaming the .eqp file he sent me for another scenario but no dice. I also try putting it in the scenario and saves folder, still same error. I can load the base scenario no problem, but I can't get the darn .pbl file to work.

Could be bit rot. I prefer to send files zipped. That gives some error correction. You might ask that the file be resent.

quote:

This is driving me absolutely crazy! I never remember having problems like this with TOAW:COW. Is this a TOAW III thing, or a 3.4 thing, or what?

Couldn't happen with COW, since it didn't support the equipment editor. You could make modified executable versions of COW to use - but I don't think there was any check that both sides were using the same one.

There was a known path for this error in 3.2, because there was no Equipment.eqp file in the Graphics folder. That meant that if you had a scenario loaded that used a modified equipment file, and then, without exiting TOAW, loaded a scenario that didn't use one, the modified one from the previous scenario would be used - giving the "wrong equipment file" error.

3.4 restored the Equipment.eqp file to the Graphics folder, and that should fix that problem. However, some users may not have installed the entire 3.4 build, or may have mucked with something and misplaced that file or such. If either you or your opponent fits that description, either could get the problem via the above path. If your opponent got the message and ignored it when he did his turn one, you're both screwed and will have to start over.

(in reply to Hansolo88)
Post #: 5
RE: ".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/8/2010 3:26:50 PM   
Hansolo88

Thanks for the responses guys. I haven't tried putting it in the EQP folder so I'll give that a shot.

Just to be clear, I'm very happy TOAW III supports scenario-specific equipment, I remember Daniel McBride complaining about how he couldn't set a separate replacement rate for Romanian rifle squads and I'm assuming that's trivial now.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 6
RE: ".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/11/2010 6:56:32 PM   
Hansolo88

FYI, I'm still getting this error no matter what I do or no matter where i put the .eqp file. There was the mention of a "EQP" folder, so I made one and put the .eqp file in it, but perhaps it has to be case specific? I have no idea.

I'm seriously suspecting that perhaps it does have something to do with my opponent and his .eqp file setup? As noted, this scenario doesn't require a .eqp file to play but perhaps somehow my opponent's file setup is making it require one?

I'm grasping at straws here...

(in reply to Hansolo88)
Post #: 7
RE: ".eqp" error driving me crazy - 10/11/2010 7:42:26 PM   
1_Lzard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar
Wow, never happened to me.

Your just not lucky enough!

"I have the brain of a Genius, and the heart of a Little Child. I keep them in a jar under my bed!"

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> ".eqp" error driving me crazy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI