Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What Do You Want an Editor For?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Mods and Tweaks >> What Do You Want an Editor For? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/1/2010 4:49:43 AM   
bcgames

Decisive Campaigns has no editor and Advanced Tactics is ancient history. What do you want to see in the editor for this new version of the game system?
Post #: 1
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/1/2010 7:24:13 PM   
TAIL GUNNER

pretty much everything....

Scenario
OOB
Unit Creator
Combat Effects

also ability to edit what a "kill" represents....i.e. 100 men is one "kill" for infantry, 25 MGs, 5 tanks...etc.

would rather see kills broken down into squads and individual vehicles/guns...

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 2
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/1/2010 7:58:20 PM   
Redmarkus5

Map editor, if possible...

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 3
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/3/2010 8:05:47 PM   
parusski

Ditto to Juggalo's wishes.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to TAIL GUNNER)
Post #: 4
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/5/2010 3:15:35 PM   
borsook79

quote:

ORIGINAL: bcgames

Decisive Campaigns has no editor and Advanced Tactics is ancient history. What do you want to see in the editor for this new version of the game system?

not that I don't want an editor, but I wouldn't say that AT is ancient history. Quite the opposite. Plus it's not entirely a bad idea to keep the two systems separate - AT as easily moddable but with little detailed content, DC with of well researched scenarios but not that moddable. So maybe AT2?

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 5
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/10/2010 4:49:05 PM   
O.O. Howard

Greetings.

I looked forward to this game as a follow up on A.T. I like AT so much! Some of you may recall that i bought it twice because I lost my first copy.

AT stayed fresh playing on random maps, and you never knew what the future held because modders came up with unexpected fun to keep me coming back. This went on for years! Even at double the price AT was the best value of any game I ever bought. I still play AT.

So I must give proper thanks to Vic, but i have not bought the new game yet.

Why?

While I am sure this new game deserves to do well and appeals to a broader market by focusing on WWII in a campaign format... without random maps and modding, the game is too 'narrow' for me. It lacks the above mentioned elements that made AT stand out. This new game seems to be a very nice mod of AT. No matter how great the mod is, it is too limited for me to spend money buying it.

I would however buy an "AT2" game if Vic puts it together. In a heartbeat I would buy it twice! Or maybe this new game will be "opened up" and then i will buy it.

So the question that the OP asked is a good one. If the question is addressed by Vic in an upcoming patch I will race out and buy the new game.

Respectfully as always,

Mike

Viva Carlotta!

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 6
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/10/2010 5:44:15 PM   
Hexagon

Well, an editor is allways a good feature, is a way to give an extended life to the game and a "gift" for players that made comunity a very good feature for a game serie.

I think that an editor like HPS PzC series is a good option, can edit OOB, Scens and of course can create OOB and scens using the game map of course you an do in France Map a 1944 game but if you do a 1944 game and do a good work people buy it.

I understand the developer fear of "amateur" mods but i think that if you are scare of "amateurs" work really you are doing something wrong

PD: another question is for example that i dont see this serie covering other "small" conflicts (polish-soviet war, Spanish civil war, Italian in Abisinia, balkan wars...) and add an editor give to modders a chance to do this scens and add to the serie an extra interest like in SSG games (are near a scen covering the Guadalajara battle for example in Kharkov and for other titles are more of this bonus scens).

(in reply to O.O. Howard)
Post #: 7
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/12/2010 4:35:47 AM   
bcgames

quote:

ORIGINAL: Borsook
...I wouldn't say that AT is ancient history. Quite the opposite. Plus it's not entirely a bad idea to keep the two systems separate - AT as easily moddable but with little detailed content, DC with of well researched scenarios but not that moddable. So maybe AT2?

If AT is updated to Decisive Campaigns standards then I am with you 100%.

(in reply to borsook79)
Post #: 8
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/12/2010 4:45:30 AM   
bcgames

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon
I think that an editor like HPS PzC series is a good option, can edit OOB, Scens and of course can create OOB and scens using the game map...

Agree. A business model that produces a game that can't generate any substantive conversation in a Matrix forum section called "Mods and Tweaks" better be really good and kick out a new game every three months to keep up with user content demand.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 9
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 10/12/2010 5:39:35 AM   
bcgames

(posted 7 days and 11 hours ago) "It's been more then a year since the last patch to Advanced Tactics and more then two years since the last serious upgrade. And that’s a real shame since the AT game and concept are great..."

http://www.advancedtactics.org/

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 10
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 1/12/2011 12:04:48 AM   
Rosseau

It's tough, as we've seen more than one dev go broke supporting "old" games. Time marches on.

So I'd love to see an editor/expansion pack for Decisive Campaigns and I'm willing to pay for it. This way the dev gets to eat, and we get something new and cool. Best to you!

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 11
RE: What Do You Want an Editor For? - 3/25/2011 12:26:46 PM   
Redmarkus5

Silent as the grave in here... Thought I'd pop back over from the WiTE forum to see what's happening. Not a lot, it seems.

WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Mods and Tweaks >> What Do You Want an Editor For? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI