Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 7/28/2010 4:54:53 AM   
jwilkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull
That begs the question - all the patches have been exe-only. That is awesome from the perspective of keeping games alive and eliminating the need for restarts, and the team is VERY much to be commended for doing that. But I have to think you guys must be assembling a pretty massive list of things that WOULD require a restart. Is there a plan for when those would be released as a patch? Perhaps something optional so folks planning a new game could implement them, whereas the rest could ignore it until such time as their current games end?

Not really - if you were around in the original WITP days - you can recall all the "angst" from the forumites regarding patches that "required restarts". Since taking over the WITP code in March 2006 - and continuing on through today - our policy has been to avoid "restart required" patches - and so far - we've held to that policy.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 31
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 7/28/2010 9:19:20 AM   
comte

Thanks for the update guys

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to Zacktar)
Post #: 32
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 10/20/2010 2:01:22 PM   
RUDOLF

I recommend you read this, when you consider to patch you game:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2603369&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to comte)
Post #: 33
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 10/21/2010 12:02:24 PM   
Tuhhodge

Quick question: I just installed the update. Has this over-written my daBabes light installation?

(in reply to RUDOLF)
Post #: 34
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 10/21/2010 3:15:54 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tuhhodge
Quick question: I just installed the update. Has this over-written my daBabes light installation?

Nope. You are good to go.

(in reply to Tuhhodge)
Post #: 35
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 10/22/2010 10:58:34 AM   
Tuhhodge

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 36
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 10/23/2010 7:05:11 PM   
GMeyer

I'm not sure where to post this question, so I'll try here.  I'm sure someone will correct me if its the wrong place.  I just started a GC with the new patch, having played smaller scenarios before, and while I may be missing something, I don't see any provision in this otherwise excellent game for allied code breaking.  Is there something buried there that I am overlooking?  

George S. Meyer

(in reply to Zacktar)
Post #: 37
RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major... - 10/23/2010 7:15:34 PM   
Smeulders

quote:

ORIGINAL: GMeyer

I'm not sure where to post this question, so I'll try here.  I'm sure someone will correct me if its the wrong place.  I just started a GC with the new patch, having played smaller scenarios before, and while I may be missing something, I don't see any provision in this otherwise excellent game for allied code breaking.  Is there something buried there that I am overlooking?  

Allied SigInt is better than Japanese SigInt, though the difference is constant over the war.

(in reply to GMeyer)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI