War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

SeanD -> War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 7:31:35 AM)

Another major update is headed for hard drives at flank speed!

Matrix Games and Henderson Field Designs are proud to release a significant new update for their award winning WWII Pacific Theatre mega game, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition! The new comprehensive 1.01.06g update comes with 80 fixes and improvement, including the ability to show all patrol zones and gameplay balance and realism improvements to naval bombardments and flak

David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Unparalleled in its realism and scope, War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a must-have for any Pacific Theatre buff. This is the fourth official update since the release of Admiral’s Edition and the fixes and tweaks here continue to polish and hone the gameplay based on feedback from the community to guarantee years of future enjoyment.”

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is the result of many additional man-years of development from a dedicated and experienced team including subject matter experts and experienced programmers. This has resulted in an improved War in the Pacific experience across the board. This is the entire War in the Pacific down to individual aircraft, vehicles, ships, guns and squads - more than just a game, it's an encyclopedia of the war compiled from many sources to an unmatched level of detail. Add in a much improved AI and more secure PBEM play and you have the makings of a new classic!

War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition is a stand-alone release which does not require ownership of War in the Pacific. The Admiral’s Edition installation process will not overwrite original War in the Pacific files, but instead the expansion installs along side the original installation of the game and runs as a separate game.

The individual features and improvements to Admiral’s Edition are far too numerous to mention in total in this announcement, but the product page link below goes into enough detail to please any War in the Pacific fan.

As our first "Collector's Edition", the boxed version also comes with a Full Color Printed 330 page manual!

War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition is a standalone release and does not require War in the Pacific to install and play.

This update is comprehensive and will bring all previous versions of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition to version 1.01.06g. Matrix Games recommends that all owners of War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition update to this version.

Get the update here.

moonraker65 -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 9:20:17 AM)

Fantastic [&o]. Matrix is second to none for Customer Service. Many thanks.

captskillet -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 11:04:56 AM)

Is there any dif from this and the most recet beta?

traskott -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 1:43:17 PM)

Thank u, guys !! 

USSAmerica -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 1:53:14 PM)

Thanks for all the continuing hard work on this wonderful game! [&o]

michaelm75au -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 2:56:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: captskillet

Is there any dif from this and the most recet beta?

No

Speedysteve -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 2:57:01 PM)

Hi all,

Anyone have a list as to all of the enhancements?

Thanks Matrix

michaelm75au -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 3:47:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Hi all,

Thanks Matrix

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2523358

Don Bowen -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 3:54:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Speedy

Hi all,

Thanks Matrix

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2523358

It's also in the WhatsNew and ReadMe that accompany the release.

Speedysteve -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 4:06:29 PM)

Thanks guys[8D]

Zebedee -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 7:00:40 PM)

Thank you :)

Schanilec -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 9:09:12 PM)

This is great! This is the first update/patch I have been able to download. I'm curious, does this cover all previous patches? As I have not been able to get into the members area. Password issue? I'm just not sure. If I still need the other patches could someone possibly e-mail those over to me. I'd be much oblidged.

Thanks.

Marc

marc.schanilec@wsn.us.com

Thanks again

Rainer -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 9:48:26 PM)

You only need this one, it's a so called comprehensive.
Meaning all included [;)]

Schanilec -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/22/2010 11:01:50 PM)

Excellent.

JohnDillworth -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 12:42:05 AM)

Thanks for taking care of us! I promise not to post the "whats in the next patch" thread until after the summer![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

offenseman -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 1:32:09 AM)

Thanks for the continued development!

SuluSea -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 1:54:19 AM)

Thanks all, I'm happy to be the recipient of your passion. Many, many thanks!!!!!!! [:)]

Avenger -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 2:17:22 AM)

Thank you! Time to restart for me.

scout1 -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 2:33:19 AM)

need a restart for all features or not ??????

jwilkerson -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 5:36:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: scout1

need a restart for all features or not ??????

Only the EXE was changed - so no.

lecrop -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 7:39:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JohnDillworth

Thanks for taking care of us! I promise not to post the "whats in the next patch" thread until after the summer![:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

What's in the next patch? [:D]

n01487477 -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 11:05:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schanilec

This is great! This is the first update/patch I have been able to download. I'm curious, does this cover all previous patches? As I have not been able to get into the members area. Password issue? I'm just not sure. If I still need the other patches could someone possibly e-mail those over to me. I'd be much oblidged.

Thanks.

Marc

Thanks again

Marc,
first you need to register for the members area, it is a separate login to the forum ...
Secondly try not to have your email visible on forum ... too many web bots.
Finally ... thanks Henderson Field and Matrix ...

steveh11Matrix -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 11:46:33 AM)

"Thank you" to everyone who worked on this.

cantona2 -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 12:27:08 PM)

TY for the hard work.

PS where do i find the new show patrol zones function?

Apollo11 -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 1:36:38 PM)

Hi all,

Thanks guys - great stuff (as always)!!! [:)][&o][&o][&o]

Leo "Apollo11"

michaelm75au -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 3:06:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cantona2

TY for the hard work.

PS where do i find the new show patrol zones function?

Press hotkey '6' should show all the player's TF patrols.

Schanilec -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/23/2010 4:15:26 PM)

n01487477,

Yeah, I hated doing that.

I didn't know registering in members was seperate. Thanks

It has been awhile. I'd been laided off for eight months. I had to re-up into the forum under a new name.
I guess the new address could mix with my earlier sign-in.
So I have posts under another name from the old office somewhere out there.

I could wait to get home and load the updates. Except I left my flash drive at the office. [sm=00000002.gif]

Thanks again

witp1951 -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/24/2010 1:50:10 AM)

The PR release has version1.01.06g. My game now displays 1.04.1106g dated July 6 2010. Am I at patch 4?

Kull -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/26/2010 3:26:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwilkerson

Only the EXE was changed - so no.

That begs the question - all the patches have been exe-only. That is awesome from the perspective of keeping games alive and eliminating the need for restarts, and the team is VERY much to be commended for doing that. But I have to think you guys must be assembling a pretty massive list of things that WOULD require a restart. Is there a plan for when those would be released as a patch? Perhaps something optional so folks planning a new game could implement them, whereas the rest could ignore it until such time as their current games end?

Zacktar -> RE: War in the Pacific – Admiral’s Edition Gets a Major Update! (7/28/2010 12:37:56 AM)

Thanks very much to everyone involved! [&o][&o][&o]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI