Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DaBigBabes Release

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: DaBigBabes Release Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 10/30/2010 8:34:37 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel
You might want to take a look at devices 1065 and 1197. Actually, I can see an LVT-2 could well be used to assist (un)loading operations through the surf so the shore party attribute may well have been intentional for this. However, I'm struggling to see how a 5.25" DP gun would qualify!

Well, there's two different LTVs; Amph-Tank (not Shore Party) and Amph-Trac (is Shore Party).
quote:

Oh, and the IJA Shipping Eng Squads (Device 698) don't have the shore party attribute - so far as I can see none of the Japanese units do. Possibly not as intended?

I'll look. Am out of town with just the laptop, so don't have my AE install. Working from memory and ... well, you know how that goes for us Silver Citizens. Will be back in harness Monday nite.

Ciao. John

(in reply to Local Yokel)
Post #: 91
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 10/30/2010 8:42:06 PM   
Local Yokel

Thanks, John.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 92
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 10/30/2010 11:33:26 PM   
Mac Linehan

John -

It's Saturday, there is a new Babes release, I'm itching to play and.... my INTERNET server went out last nite till noon Sat.

All is well now, yet another big "Thank You" to the Babes Team for this outstanding mod.

Local Yokel - your questions (and JWE's answers) helped to give me a clearer understanding of the changes in Babes. Thank You Sir(s)!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 93
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 10/31/2010 10:32:42 AM   
Sardaukar

Really looking forward to play with these changes..and I haven't touched stock scenarios after DaBigBabes (escept for Newbie AAR purposes).  If Allied AI would work, this should replace the Grand Campaign scenario, plays lot more historically.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 94
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/5/2010 7:53:16 PM   
Local Yokel

I've been using DaBigBabes as the starting point for some further modifications, and applied the shore party attribute to the IJA Shipping Eng Squads - they then show up on the display for the bases where they're located, as shown. Would be good to see this incorporated into the official version.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 95
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/6/2010 5:08:02 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

You might want to take a look at devices 1065 and 1197. Actually, I can see an LVT-2 could well be used to assist (un)loading operations through the surf so the shore party attribute may well have been intentional for this. However, I'm struggling to see how a 5.25" DP gun would qualify!

Well, there's two different LTVs; Amph-Tank (not Shore Party) and Amph-Trac (is Shore Party).
quote:

Oh, and the IJA Shipping Eng Squads (Device 698) don't have the shore party attribute - so far as I can see none of the Japanese units do. Possibly not as intended?

I'll look. Am out of town with just the laptop, so don't have my AE install. Working from memory and ... well, you know how that goes for us Silver Citizens. Will be back in harness Monday nite.

Ciao. John

Is this stuff good to go with, or should I await an adjustment?

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 96
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/6/2010 5:34:29 PM   
Local Yokel

What you see in my previous post is strictly the product of some private tinkering by me with the current release of DaBigBabes, but if officially applied would yield a modest increase in Japanese stevedoring capability.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 97
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/6/2010 5:46:50 PM   
witpqs

quote:

What you see in my previous post is strictly the product of some private tinkering by me with the current release of DaBigBabes, but if officially applied would yield a modest increase in Japanese stevedoring capability.

OK. I appreciate that, I'm wondering if the current release is "as intended" on those items or is needing adjustment?

Post #: 98
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/6/2010 6:19:39 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs
quote:

OK. I appreciate that, I'm wondering if the current release is "as intended" on those items or is needing adjustment?

Current release is "as intended". It's conservative because it has to go to a wide group, most of whom don't post. We try our best to put all the info out there, so that private tinkering derives from a standard basis. If we all understand the playground, tinkering is a rational and rewarding exercise.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 99
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/6/2010 6:35:13 PM   
witpqs

Thanks!

Continuous improvement understood and appreciated, which of course is different than fixing miscellaneous errors (hence the question). Looking to get a PBM going with scenario 28.

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 100
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/9/2010 2:03:03 AM   
Nemo121

So, it seems you need a special handshake and membership to a secret club to be "in the loop" on DaBigBabes releases from now on. How would one go about getting hooked up to get future releases?

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 101
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/9/2010 1:48:12 PM   
JWE

quote:

Thanks!

Continuous improvement understood and appreciated, which of course is different than fixing miscellaneous errors (hence the question). Looking to get a PBM going with scenario 28.

I don't know, I'm stuck at Ft Irwin and don't have my AE install. So I'm down for a few days and just can't figure it out.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121
So, it seems you need a special handshake and membership to a secret club to be "in the loop" on DaBigBabes releases from now on. How would one go about getting hooked up to get future releases?

You have to buy the t-shirt.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 102
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/9/2010 3:12:14 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

Thanks!

I don't know, I'm stuck at Ft Irwin and don't have my AE install. So I'm down for a few days and just can't figure it out.

Was just a courtesy reply - took your previous answer to be solid. We've just started PBM (turn 1 in progress).

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 103
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/9/2010 4:27:15 PM   
Pascal_slith

quote:

quote:

Thanks!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

You have to buy the t-shirt.

Is the T-Shirt available at the Ocean Institute at Dana Point?

So much WitP and so little time to play.... :-(

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 104
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/9/2010 5:34:39 PM   
Sardaukar

Does the T-shirt come with LargeSlowTarget's signature picture uncovered?

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Pascal_slith)
Post #: 105
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/9/2010 7:21:16 PM   
Nemo121

Be warned, what JWE left out is that the ONLY way to pay for the T-shirt is in your own blood.

After all, you should prove your committment, 6 pints of blood you can find almost anywhere

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 106
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/9/2010 7:43:19 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Not quite. I think LST has the copyright on that little puppy, but I do have a t-shirt with Lt Jenny's , uh, shall we say pneumatic protruberances, highlighted after taking a big wave on an Ensenada. Blonde, 5 foot 2, eyes of blue, not much gootchie, gootchie, goo, but pretty darn perky, if ya know what I mean.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 107
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/10/2010 3:31:33 AM   
oldman45

quote:

quote:

Not quite. I think LST has the copyright on that little puppy, but I do have a t-shirt with Lt Jenny's , uh, shall we say pneumatic protruberances, highlighted after taking a big wave on an Ensenada. Blonde, 5 foot 2, eyes of blue, not much gootchie, gootchie, goo, but pretty darn perky, if ya know what I mean.

It never happened unless there is a photo

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 108
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/10/2010 8:24:03 AM   
rockmedic109

Pics please

Oww....Wha....I'm sorry, honey.  I didn't know you were standing behind me.....I have no idea what a blonde with pneumatic protuberances is......

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 109
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/10/2010 9:10:00 AM   
pmattiasn

Just want to join in with a couple of huzzas on this - been following these games (UV, WPO, WITP and AE) for the last couple of years and learned all I know from the people here...

Cleaned out my dads storage this summer and found the original box of AH's Midway with the Coral Sea and Leyte Gulf add-ons and thought I'd give in to a bout of nostalgia. But after two hours of reading the rules over a couple of beers in the sun I actually had to move into the shade and fire up AE. The difference in scale and time requirement is like a game of checkers compared to designing a refinery - but so is the satisfaction.

And then the babes mod comes along and just takes it to an entire new level. "Luckily" my partner and I both have hectic and badly coordinated travel schedules which gives me alternating long-haul flights and the odd lonely evening at home to get my little digital shore parties to deploy to godforsaken dots in the virtual middle of nowhere...

Cheers and thanks to all involved!
/Mattias

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 110
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/21/2010 8:33:12 PM   
Bliztk

Do you have a file with a changelog ? Ok more or less everything, but something especific

I think we are going to start a DaBigBabes scen 28, and need to familiarize myself with the changes from stock

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 111
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/22/2010 12:36:35 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bliztk
Do you have a file with a changelog ? Ok more or less everything, but something especific

I think we are going to start a DaBigBabes scen 28, and need to familiarize myself with the changes from stock

No changelog. There's literally thousands of changes. But this is the basis statement.

BabesLite Scen026 is standard Scen001 - BabesLite Scen027 is standard Scen006 – but with:

Classes and Ships – Many additions to historical OOB (both sides). More and different kinds of ARDs, tenders, transports, auxiliary trawlers, yard oilers, sea trucks, lots of smaller one-of-a-kind ships. Arrival dates and arrival locations vetted and adjusted. Submarines all have the split-tube model for more accurate combat results.

Devices – Naval Guns, DP Guns, and ship borne AA Guns, vetted and data (Acc, Pen, Eff, Rng) adjusted for uniformity, relative comparability, and better fit (ioho) to the different combat algorithms. Load Costs adjusted for torps and mines to give better reload flexibility.

Everything else – Aircraft – Airgroups – Locations – Leaders – Pilots – AI/Production, is same as in stock.

DaBigBabes;

Classes and Ships – Includes all BabesLite, but with many more additions to historical OOB (both sides), particularly late-war arrivals of warships, transports, landing craft, etc, suitable for Zipper, Buccaneer, Downfall, etc. File contents have been compacted and moved around. Additional carriers and their airgroups are included. Using DBB Class and Ship files REQUIRES use of the corresponding Airgroup (wpgxxx.dat) files. Inputs provided by Don Bowen, Harald Velemans, Kereguelen, Buck Beach, Andrew Brown, Central Blue, Kitakami, mikemike, and many others (apologies for forgetting names – I’m old, and my memory is … what?).

Devices – Includes all BabesLite, plus: Beyond the support infrastructure and TO&E tweaks, BigBabes uses some code allowable stuff to redefine things according to our vision of reality; it has two expressions, Type = Engineer and “switch” = Shore Party.
(1) Naval devices – All data elements vetted and data adjusted for uniformity, relative comparability, and better fit (ioho) to the SurfCom, AACom, SubCom, ASWCom, combat algorithms.
(2) Land devices – (a) Many new Eng types and NavSup types (both sides) to support the new TO&E paradigm. (b) Changes to LC and firepower of Squad-type devices to support the new TO&E paradigm. (c) Changes to LC and firepower of Vehicle and AFV-type devices to support the new TO&E paradigm.
(3) Engineers – An Eng unit can always build, but if it has Anti-Armor <1, it cannot reduce forts. If it has Anti-Soft <9, it cannot AV. If it is “named” construction labor, but is a Type = 23 squad, with no a-a , or a-s, it won’t do squat. There is a 7-way matrix of different Eng squads that represent a mix of abilities; build stuff, reduce forts, able to AV, some of the above, none of the above. DaBigBabes uses this matrix (according to our appreciation as to how it falls out) to help limit in-game tempo, by limiting in-game infrastructure.
(4) Shore Party – Shore Party is a sub-set of NavSup. Currently NavSup does many things that are not appropriate to the stock devices. Shore Party devices, and a skoosh of code that lets them give an unload bonus, assist in loading/unloading but do not assist in repairing or rearming, thereby allowing the amount of NavSup to be dramatically reduced and limited to its more normal functions.

Airgroups – Basically as in stock, but with additions/changes to conform to the added/relocated Classes/Ships. Vetted by Timtom. DBB Airgroup file is necessary with use of DBB Class and Ship files.

Locations.
(1) TO&Es – Many changes made in order to subsume the Device changes and to adapt the unit totals to the requirements of island stacking limitations and transport ship loading/carrying capacity considerations.
(2) OOB – The basic combat OOB is unchanged, however many Allied units are aggregated and moved (which is why the AI won’t work for the Allies) in order to make room for several hundreds of changed/additional units. The changes involve a major paradigm shift with respect to how Base Forces, AvSup, NavSup, Engs, are handled. Basic Japanese OOB substantially unchanged, but has significant TO&E tweaks and many additions.
(3) Base Forces – Completely redefined. Many (most) have been removed but are buildable from their component Eng and Port/Base Maintenance Bns. Capabilities depend on relative mix of NavSup/AvSup/Shore Party/Eng/Labor devices.
(4) Aviation Support – Both the number of units and the amount of AvSup in a unit have been dramatically reduced. At least 50-60% reduction in amount of AvSup for both sides.

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 112
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/25/2010 3:26:22 AM   
Mac Linehan

OOPs - please ignore

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 11/25/2010 3:27:01 AM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 113
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/25/2010 8:52:48 AM   
vinnie71

Love dabigbabes scenario. One small thing though: I'm having problems with the new additions in the sense that the new ships pictures are not showing up (ex all the small ARDs, some Dutch and Philippino ships, etc). I have tried repeatedly installing the affixed picture files (sorry I'm really bad with computer jargon...) but to no avail. Is there some workaround maybe?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work!

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 114
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/25/2010 11:17:55 AM   
Bliztk

Do the team have an approx ETA for the next patch. To avoid vague answers there are only three options

Option A) Less than a week
Option B) Between a week and three months
Option C) More than three months

Answer sincerely, please. As me and herwin are both planning to start a game, and want to know if waiting is a worthy option, or we can start right away

Thanks in advance

(in reply to vinnie71)
Post #: 115
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/27/2010 12:28:57 AM   
asdicus

I am looking at starting a new pbm game using the babes scenario 28v4. I have been testing the AAA mods and they seem to be working well - you only need to run the dec 7 pearl harbor attack to note the improvement from the standard scenario. I do have one concern re the AAA mod. It works well now with the witp exe but what happens if the next ae exe patch changes the dynamic for AAA guns ? Will we end up with over-rated AAA in the babes mod ie babes adjustments added onto new exe adjustments ? Can JWE or any other babes developers offer any thoughts on this ?

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 116
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/27/2010 1:08:48 AM   
Mac Linehan

Gents -

Am playing Mifune 7 's Total War Option - which has lots of extra goodies (above and beyond Babes) and includes DBB features.

After studying the forums, I have edited and moved AS / AD / AR / AG / ARD around, making my front line Japanese Bases as follows:

Kwaj (AD, AS, AG, AR, ARD, AG) / Truk (AD, AS, AR, ARD, AG / Babeldaob (AD, AS, AR, AG) / Takao (for the PI) / Cam Rahn Bay (AS, AD, ARD, AG / Saigon (AS, AG, to back CamRB) / Amami Oshima (AG ) / Chi Chi Jima (AG) / and Samah (AG).

The locations with AD / AS / AR / ARD are of course Front Line support for the IJN - rearm / refuel and repair enough to get home safely. All locations will be ASW hubs, hence the AG's.

The real kicker is, while I clearly understand what the engineers can and can not do, and who is Shore Party tagged, once reviewing the map I realized that next time around I will have to make sure that the shore party worker bees are better aligned with the major rearm / refuel / re provision locations. Am most certainly (as a detailed guy) getting there, but still more thought to be applied.

What an awesome game - and DBB / Mifune's mods make it even more so. When Babes first came out, I was lost (well - more so than I ususally am..) and not sure what to do with all the little guys. Now - every ship - especially the small boys - count.

My thanks to you all,

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 117
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/27/2010 1:50:17 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: asdicus
I am looking at starting a new pbm game using the babes scenario 28v4. I have been testing the AAA mods and they seem to be working well - you only need to run the dec 7 pearl harbor attack to note the improvement from the standard scenario. I do have one concern re the AAA mod. It works well now with the witp exe but what happens if the next ae exe patch changes the dynamic for AAA guns ? Will we end up with over-rated AAA in the babes mod ie babes adjustments added onto new exe adjustments ? Can JWE or any other babes developers offer any thoughts on this ?

The babes team remains very closely involved in certain areas of the game model. We provide input to proposed tweaks that might effect the dynamic in those areas. We share your concern and make a point of ensuring that stock and babes exhibit same/similar outcomes under any changes to the argorithm.

(in reply to asdicus)
Post #: 118
RE: DaBigBabes Release - 11/29/2010 6:44:46 AM   
minnowguy

quote:

Apologies in advance for OT post. OTOH, I'm pretty sure you'll forgive me. :)

http://www.janesoceania.com/polynesian_girls/Tahiti%20Hawaii%20Nude9.jpg

NSFW!

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 119
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: DaBigBabes Release Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI