Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  237 238 [239] 240 241   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 4:39:17 PM   
Terminus

Our "friend" got himself banned.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7141
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 4:39:25 PM   
USSAmerica

Lunch time break for air - Tithe. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7142
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 4:39:57 PM   
USSAmerica

Ok, back down into the pit of test scenario writing.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 7143
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 4:41:06 PM   
Chickenboy

A 0:32 second lunch break? My, Mike, your employer runs a pretty tight ship over there!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 7144
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 4:42:20 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Gee, pity that.

He'll be back under separate cover in short order...

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 7145
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 4:42:45 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

Josh managed his first (unsteady) steps last night   He's tried a few more today, I can forsee our poor little BC living in interesting times quite soon 

Congrats on a major milestone. From my understanding your life is certainly about to get more interesting.

The red mouse is right about this. You got your cabinet, drawer locks and gates set up, mate?

Corner guards on furniture corners, everything breakable moved up out of reach, everything drinkable likewise?

Pfft, life is all about a few bumped heads

The house is pretty much baby-proofed and has been for a while. No sharp corners and all the interesting grabby things are out of reach.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7146
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 4:52:16 PM   
scott64

Anyone know of any totally free reliable websites so that I can set one up for my blog?

Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 7147
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:02:10 PM   
BrucePowers

Thanksgiving vacation was GREAT!!!! Very little computer use, no WITP. Bob I will get the turn back to you tonight. Christmas vacattion starts in 23 days

(in reply to scott64)
Post #: 7148
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:05:02 PM   
bradfordkay

" no WITP."

Heresy!!!

Chez and I managed to crank out four turns yesterday. Hoorah!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 7149
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:10:33 PM   
sprior

Those wiki leaks in full:

•A top US official once described Kim Jong Il as "a bit like Hitler, but without the dog-loving vegetarian hang-ups".

•The same official summarised Nicolas Sarkozy as "shorter than that Italian broad he hangs out with, but probably a bit taller than Kim Jong Il".

•A high-level diplomat dismissed a proposed honeytrap operation against the Tory Party with the words: "We consider it unlikely the charms of Paris Hilton will prove effective on William Hague."

•Senior US military figures warned that Iran had the capability to put a cloned dog into space "within 10 years".

•The Yemeni government agreed to assume full responsibility for Sarah Palin in return for "substantial military aid".
•A CIA memo conceded Google had "probably done some evil, somewhere".

•A White House spokesman once admitted to a group of shocked Afghan government ministers that Linday Lohan "isn't up to much as an actress".

•An internal Pentagon email described the iPad's lack of Flash as "dumbass".

•The US Department of State planned to waterboard the entire population of San Francisco "to gain vital information on an alleged al-Qaeda plan to disastrously inflate seafood prices at Fisherman's Wharf".

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 7150
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:26:10 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

•The US Department of State planned to waterboard the entire population of San Francisco "to gain vital information on an alleged al-Qaeda plan to disastrously inflate seafood prices at Fisherman's Wharf".

That conspiracy goes very deep indeed.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7151
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:31:40 PM   
Dixie

quote:

Too bad. I was really starting to like him and his refreshing view on world politics.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 7152
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:32:30 PM   
JWE

quote:

The house is pretty much baby-proofed and has been for a while. No sharp corners and all the interesting grabby things are out of reach.

Oh ! You wish, Martin ! Them little nippers are infinitely more inquisitive and exquisitely more innovative about finding ways to immolate themselves, and the whole damn neighborhood to boot, than you can possibly imagine. If it exists, they will find it, and figure out how to either swallow it, feed it to or try to stick it into the dog, use it as wall art, or parade it in front of Aunt Marge at the least opportune moment. They are much more creative than we are.

As an old fart, who's been through all that, I offer this only as an additional precaution; knowing full well that it doesn't matter one whit what you do. Ahh, but how sweet it truly is ! I envy you this time.

Ciao. John

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 7153
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:36:18 PM   
Dixie

quote:

quote:

You can't handle the truth!

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 7154
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:39:42 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Too bad. I was really starting to like him and his refreshing view on world politics.

See the internal Pentagon email re: the iPad's lack of Flash for my take on his view on world politics.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 7155
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:40:52 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

Oh ! You wish, Martin ! Them little nippers are infinitely more inquisitive and exquisitely more innovative about finding ways to immolate themselves, and the whole damn neighborhood to boot, than you can possibly imagine. If it exists, they will find it, and figure out how to either swallow it, feed it to or try to stick it into the dog, use it as wall art, or parade it in front of Aunt Marge at the least opportune moment. They are much more creative than we are.

As an old fart, who's been through all that, I offer this only as an additional precaution; knowing full well that it doesn't matter one whit what you do. Ahh, but how sweet it truly is ! I envy you this time.

Ciao. John

Isn't that the truth. I was about 2 when I fed all the food in the house to our dog, unfortunately it was on a Sunday morning back when the shops were closed on a Sunday.

Bigger boys stole my sig

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 7156
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 5:42:25 PM   
Terminus

Evening tithe...

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 7157
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 6:02:24 PM   
Mynok

quote:

quote:

quote:

See the internal Pentagon email re: the iPad's lack of Flash for my take on his view on world politics.

Best thing about the iPad is the lack of that flash crap.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7158
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 6:40:04 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

Also, after about 10-15 years of absolute crap, my faith in the ability of post-Soviet nations to make movies about WW2 has finally been restored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj96Ahlcak0&feature=related

I dont know if it is possible to get it with subtitles, but if you have the chance I highly recommend it. No politicizing or moralizing, just the real, terrible, awful reality of war. The story is all absolutely true, down to every single episode. My father was a tour guide there in his younger days and has told me many things that he himself, and other staff, learned in speaking with the survivors. He met the hero of the story as well.

My hat's off to the film makers at Belarusfilm.

The movie seems so good that my thinking about war is (and already was) :

Post #: 7159
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 6:45:29 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Certainly I can!

And when they're done with that, I wish they'd unravel the mystery of why milk costs $5/galon in NY.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 7160
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 6:57:51 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

quote:

quote:

Apparently the French were slightly upset that the RN sank their fleet

Yes, one can understand why they were so upset. I mean, the temerity of the English-ensuring that their fleet wasn't handed over to Hitler!

My understanding is that the French fleet was rusting and falling apart at Oran, that the ships were undermanned, and there was not the facilities at Oran to maintain fleet units of that size. If the fleet had remained at Oran for any length of time, it would probably have not been able to leave. Churchill basically admits that he was aware of this in his books, but he was counciled by Pound and Cunningham to strike.

Edit; I think sometimes that the British don't really like the French.

If i can give my own advice ???
The french fleet was NOT undermanned; and Mers-el-Kebir harbor, although not as good as Toulon or Brest, was able to keep these ships there. The almost only big fact about the ships was that it was able to fight ! it was a kind of Joker for Vichy governement.

About the Navy fighting the allies: it would probably never had occured: once more, i repeat it, the Navy was like a kind of Joker for the Vichy Governement. The idea of Petain and all vichistes, was to trick the germans, pretending to be neutral and friendly to their side, but trying to prepare the future by staying independant. Thus the idea to protect hte colonial empire with the fleet.
A widely spread feeling in the fleet was that we had several enemys: the english fleet by pure tradition and history; the germans and their italian allies, because they were the agressors in 1940.
The fleet would not had join any side.
I can understand that Churchill could not take the risk.....

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 7161
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:04:04 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

I won't miss him

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 7162
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:21:06 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Certainly I can!

And when they're done with that, I wish they'd unravel the mystery of why milk costs $5/galon in NY.

That one's easy. Check a supply / demand curve, dude. Like Manhattan apartments. Duh.

Post #: 7163
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:28:14 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: gladiatt

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, one can understand why they were so upset. I mean, the temerity of the English-ensuring that their fleet wasn't handed over to Hitler!

My understanding is that the French fleet was rusting and falling apart at Oran, that the ships were undermanned, and there was not the facilities at Oran to maintain fleet units of that size. If the fleet had remained at Oran for any length of time, it would probably have not been able to leave. Churchill basically admits that he was aware of this in his books, but he was counciled by Pound and Cunningham to strike.

The french fleet was NOT undermanned; and Mers-el-Kebir harbor, although not as good as Toulon or Brest, was able to keep these ships there. The almost only big fact about the ships was that it was able to fight ! it was a kind of Joker for Vichy governement.

About the Navy fighting the allies: it would probably never had occured: once more, i repeat it, the Navy was like a kind of Joker for the Vichy Governement. The idea of Petain and all vichistes, was to trick the germans, pretending to be neutral and friendly to their side, but trying to prepare the future by staying independant. Thus the idea to protect hte colonial empire with the fleet.
A widely spread feeling in the fleet was that we had several enemys: the english fleet by pure tradition and history; the germans and their italian allies, because they were the agressors in 1940.

Gladiatt,

Thanks for your patient perspective. It's always enlightening to hear your point of view on these matters.

(in reply to gladiatt)
Post #: 7164
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:31:09 PM   
gladiatt

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Gladiatt,

Thanks for your patient perspective. It's always enlightening to hear your point of view on these matters.

I did not made too much: just giving advice of the french history books.
But i indeed thought that it could give you the french point of vue

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7165
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:32:49 PM   
Onime No Kyo

I'm not in manhattan. In fact i think there are dairy farms right here on the island.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 7166
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:33:20 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

We had a recator panel operator called Beach Ball. Enuff said.

did he walk the two minute "run" portion of the physical tests while smoking a cigarette like our chiefs did?

< Message edited by Kwik E Mart -- 11/29/2010 7:35:36 PM >

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 7167
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:35:00 PM   
AW1Steve

Anybody want to buy an aircraft carrier? Invinciables for sale. http://blog.american.com/?p=23120

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 7168
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:35:16 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

quote:

Very happy for you Eric.

Now about that car. The trouble is that its probably French. See, your wife should be French (you got that one right), but your car should be German, your watch Swiss, your tea English, etc.

Heaven is where:
The lovers are Italian
The cooks are French
The mechanics are German
The police are English
The government is run by Swiss

Hell is where:
The lovers are Swiss
The cooks are English
The mechanics are French
The police are German
The government is run by Italians

if i might add...

Heaven is where:
The lovers are Italian
The cooks are French
The mechanics are German
The police are English
The government is run by Swiss
The drinking buddy is Irish

Hell is where:
The lovers are Swiss
The cooks are English
The mechanics are French
The police are German
The government is run by Italians
The drinking buddy is Irish

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 7169
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 11/29/2010 7:36:58 PM   
Kwik E Mart

post turkey stuffed weekend tithe!

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 7170
Page:   <<   < prev  237 238 [239] 240 241   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  237 238 [239] 240 241   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI