Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cheap Fiji vacations*

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Cheap Fiji vacations* Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cheap Fiji vacations* - 12/1/2010 4:38:59 PM   
sprior

quote:

Utterly Worthless Officer Relegated to His Position in Order to Prevent the Absolute Catastrophe that Would Befall Any Troops Under His Command in Battle: American to Austrian, Goddmanit! Do I have to do everything around here?

Antipodean Anschluss?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 2701
RE: When East meets West - 12/1/2010 4:47:04 PM   
Cap Mandrake

So, anyway, on this Florida trip after a couple or "Rumrunners" (which is an absolutely sissy frozen drink that tastes like frozen strawberries and cough syrup but is made with Bacardi 151 so it was actually used by the KGB as truth serum at one point..note the Rumrunners were ordered for me it was an offer I couldnt refuse) Stalker Girl starts to blab. She tells this story about her adoptive mom's sister in Chicago who has five kids, two of which were the children of her husband, who now swims with the fishes (natural death, apparently) and three of which were not his. The thing is, everybody knew this, including he and the kids and even the neioghbors but he acted as their father. Now, naturally, this was a bit awkward, so the peripatetic aunt advances the legend that her husband had $100K in gambling debts to the Mob so he loaned her out to gangsters to pay off the debt and that is where the kids came from and that his willinglness to raise them was part of the deal.

Now, two Rumrunners was NOT enough to make me believe that story, neither was it believed by the other Chicago guy, who is not Sicilian but grew up in Cicero. If you do the math you have to wonder how many "loaners" does it take to pay off $100K? Even worse, the peripatetic aunt admitted she once had an orgasm as one of her bastard kids was crowning during labor. Any woman who can reach orgasm during labor has to have a "hair" trigger.

The final bucket of cement on the shoe was the story that when her husband died she took out 2 dozen golf balls from his desk and promptly hit them into a pond followed by his clubs at which time she proclaimed, "All that little ****** left me was two kids and two dozen golf balls".

Post #: 2702
RE: Cheap Fiji vacations* - 12/1/2010 5:18:54 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

quote:

Utterly Worthless Officer Relegated to His Position in Order to Prevent the Absolute Catastrophe that Would Befall Any Troops Under His Command in Battle: American to Austrian, Goddmanit! Do I have to do everything around here?

Antipodean Anschluss?

The Austrians got Australia as part of the "Peace in our time!" thingy.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2703
RE: Cheap Fiji vacations* - 12/1/2010 6:39:25 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Antipodean Anschluss?

That is a good idea for a mod. We could use some extra brigades in Oz. It would be like sending the Nisei Regiment (442nd)to Italy.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2704
RE: When East meets West - 12/1/2010 11:54:10 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

So, anyway, on this Florida trip after a couple or "Rumrunners" (which is an absolutely sissy frozen drink that tastes like frozen strawberries and cough syrup but is made with Bacardi 151 so it was actually used by the KGB as truth serum at one point..note the Rumrunners were ordered for me it was an offer I couldnt refuse) Stalker Girl starts to blab. She tells this story about her adoptive mom's sister in Chicago who has five kids, two of which were the children of her husband, who now swims with the fishes (natural death, apparently) and three of which were not his. The thing is, everybody knew this, including he and the kids and even the neioghbors but he acted as their father. Now, naturally, this was a bit awkward, so the peripatetic aunt advances the legend that her husband had $100K in gambling debts to the Mob so he loaned her out to gangsters to pay off the debt and that is where the kids came from and that his willinglness to raise them was part of the deal.

Now, two Rumrunners was NOT enough to make me believe that story, neither was it believed by the other Chicago guy, who is not Sicilian but grew up in Cicero. If you do the math you have to wonder how many "loaners" does it take to pay off $100K? Even worse, the peripatetic aunt admitted she once had an orgasm as one of her bastard kids was crowning during labor. Any woman who can reach orgasm during labor has to have a "hair" trigger.

The final bucket of cement on the shoe was the story that when her husband died she took out 2 dozen golf balls from his desk and promptly hit them into a pond followed by his clubs at which time she proclaimed, "All that little ****** left me was two kids and two dozen golf balls".

you swear you're not making this sh*t up, right Cap?

i used to think cadillac margaritas were "sissy" too until i had three of them in rapid succession the other day and had to be carried home

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 2705
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 12:55:04 AM   
Cap Mandrake

A classic margarita is NOT a sissy drink because it is predominately sour and has salt on the rim.....which is macho. It is best to order in it a rock glass on the rocks because it makes you sound knowledgable. If you prefer it frozen in a margarita-style glass for a special occaision, that should be OK, just don't make a habit out of it and, for the love of Mary, don't use a straw.

A Caddilac margarita (with expensive tequilla +/1 a shot of Grand Marinier) is probably safe.

A stawberry margarita, on the other hand, is cause to call out the large animal vet for a gelding.

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 2706
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 1:42:55 AM   
witpqs

I suppose those little umbrellas are right out.

Are your opponents on vacation?

Post #: 2707
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 9:47:08 AM   
Itdepends

I thought the quote RE American Austrian translator was a clever quip based on a recent gaff in the lead up to the G20 summit where a figurine of the Australian Prime Minister was dressed up in Austrian traditional dress.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/weird/figurine-depicts-julia-gillard-as-austrian-leader-ahead-of-g20-summit-in-seoul/story-e6frep26-1225951371993
Or maybe Americans really can't tell the difference on a map.................

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2708
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 1:14:12 PM   
sprior

June 15th 1942, Shwebo.

7th Armoured move to the ouskirts of Shwebo and find the place defended by the equivilant of 2 Divisions waiting for them. The losses in men is not high but mant tanks are left behind:

Ground combat at Shwebo (59,45)

Japanese Shock attack

Attacking force 21163 troops, 218 guns, 68 vehicles, Assault Value = 723

Defending force 2484 troops, 26 guns, 248 vehicles, Assault Value = 170

Japanese adjusted assault: 396

Allied adjusted defense: 13

Japanese assault odds: 30 to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: preparation(-), fatigue(-), supply(-)
Attacker: shock(+)

Japanese ground losses:
581 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 32 disabled
Non Combat: 7 destroyed, 39 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Vehicles lost 5 (2 destroyed, 3 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
470 casualties reported
Squads: 13 destroyed, 27 disabled
Non Combat: 62 destroyed, 119 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Guns lost 2 (1 destroyed, 1 disabled)
Vehicles lost 120 (54 destroyed, 66 disabled)
Units retreated 1

Defeated Allied Units Retreating!

Assaulting units:
Imperial Guards Division
143rd Infantry Regiment
124th Infantry Regiment
2nd Ind.Hvy.Art. Battalion
15th Army
55th Mountain Gun Regiment
7th Field AF Construction Battalion
27th JAAF AF Bn

Defending units:
7th Armoured Brigade

- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 2709
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 2:19:36 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

I thought the quote RE American Austrian translator was a clever quip based on a recent gaff in the lead up to the G20 summit where a figurine of the Australian Prime Minister was dressed up in Austrian traditional dress.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/weird/figurine-depicts-julia-gillard-as-austrian-leader-ahead-of-g20-summit-in-seoul/story-e6frep26-1225951371993
Or maybe Americans really can't tell the difference on a map.................

That is embarrassing but at least it could be ascribed to a Kimchi overdose or something

Us Americans are better learnt about geography and such things.

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian -- wheeling and dealing -- and, you know, people are pursuing their interests, and everybody has their own particular issues and their own particular politics."

A quite famous American, April 4, 2009

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 2710
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 2:43:10 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Losses at Suva last 4 days. I am not sure why I had a mine tender at Suva considering there is no minefield. Maybe the LYB's will misunderestimate us. I am also not sure why I had two small AO's there. I think I had the idea it was a naval base or something.

103 pts lost, 13 P-40B's and one or two P-40E's. Jap losses are a roughly equal number of carrier aircraft loss (mostly Vals) and a few dented cruisers. My resupply effort is a dud. I gave up this turn and did the Murmansk convoy thing. The carriers are off to the SW and a new force is spotted, perhaps another cruiser bombardment force.

My air forces at Suva are not ready. There is no air HQ. SouPAC Air HQ is aboard ship and cant get in. There are only 12 P-40B's left. Ther are B-17's and B-26's at Auckalnd and Samoa that can be brought in but no good way to get in fighters (P-40E's and P-39's can reach from Samoa with drop tanks but I have almsot none there).

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2711
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 3:02:10 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

On my trip to Florida, one of the Chicagoans adavanced a theory that might explain why Eastern Command is actually West of Southwest Pacific Command. Now, keep in mind, this is HIS theory not mine and even his own wife thought he was full of manure. In his defence, though, he is Sicilian.

It goes something like this..."if you head East long enough, at some point you have to be going West, right. After all, if you head North far enough you will be going South, right"?

That's awesome!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 2712
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 3:09:53 PM   
Itdepends

quote:

[Us Americans are better learnt about geography and such things.

Tell that to George W
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-480494/Bush-confuses-Austria-Australia-latest-gaffe.html

But then again............he had a few vastly more amusing "Bushisms"

This is my favourite, and strangely appropriate to the current course of both my PBEM's (I appear to be my own worst enemy)
quote:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Post #: 2713
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 3:22:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Itdepends

quote:

[Us Americans are better learnt about geography and such things.

Tell that to George W
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-480494/Bush-confuses-Austria-Australia-latest-gaffe.html

But then again............he had a few vastly more amusing "Bushisms"

This is my favourite, and strangely appropriate to the current course of both my PBEM's (I appear to be my own worst enemy)
quote:

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Easy there on W amigo.

Y'all y'all are just too thin skinned. Why don't you just change to "South Land" or something?

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 2714
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 3:22:57 PM   
Cap Mandrake

PQ-17

Attachment (1)

Post #: 2715
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 3:27:39 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

June 15th 1942, Shwebo.

7th Armoured move to the ouskirts of Shwebo and find the place defended by the equivilant of 2 Divisions waiting for them. The losses in men is not high but mant tanks are left behind:

Ouch! That is a third of the tanks. Look at it this way. Our purpose was to stop the Imperiar Guard Division from bothering the Generalissimo. The operation is a stellar success!

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2716
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 3:38:56 PM   
witpqs

quote:

Losses at Suva last 4 days. I am not sure why I had a mine tender at Suva considering there is no minefield

Cap - AM little c (AMc) is a coastal mine sweeper. A big C M (ACM) is a mine tender. AM big C (AMC) is an armed merchant cruiser.

Post #: 2717
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 3:50:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

So I finished Miracle at Midway (the good guys won) on the way to Florida and I needed something to read on the flight back so I would forget that I couldn't feel my knees, the stewardesses were all older than me, I had to pay to check my luggage and I didn't get any damn free peanuts. I bought the NYT in Florida and read it on the way to DFW. It was really bad. The lead article was on new Haitian relgious cults...zzzzzzzzzz. In DFW I bought this Crichton novel. It was pretty good and I reached page 128 over New Mexico...then there were 58 pages missing There was nothing left to read but American Airlines travel crap in Spanish. Some woman two rows in front literally coughed every 5 seconds for the entire flight! Santa Maria! Take some albuterol or something or get your TB treated.

Madre de Dios! I hate flying...especially in the cattle section. I wouldn't mind paying for stale crackers if you at least got to see some nice tatas when they bend over to give it to you. The uniforms at McDonalds are hotter. No wonder the airlines are all bankrupt.*

*I just ealized this really isn't germane

Post #: 2718
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:39:36 PM   
BrucePowers

You were in Florida and didn't call?

Post #: 2719
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:42:37 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

So I finished Miracle at Midway (the good guys won) on the way to Florida and I needed something to read on the flight back so I would forget that I couldn't feel my knees, the stewardesses were all older than me, I had to pay to check my luggage and I didn't get any damn free peanuts. I bought the NYT in Florida and read it on the way to DFW. It was really bad. The lead article was on new Haitian relgious cults...zzzzzzzzzz. In DFW I bought this Crichton novel. It was pretty good and I reached page 128 over New Mexico...then there were 58 pages missing There was nothing left to read but American Airlines travel crap in Spanish. Some woman two rows in front literally coughed every 5 seconds for the entire flight! Santa Maria! Take some albuterol or something or get your TB treated.

Madre de Dios! I hate flying...especially in the cattle section. I wouldn't mind paying for stale crackers if you at least got to see some nice tatas when they bend over to give it to you. The uniforms at McDonalds are hotter. No wonder the airlines are all bankrupt.*

Matbe you should buy a Kindle? Oh wait, it's Christmas! Ask for one as a present

Post #: 2720
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:46:34 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Yorktown just left Pearl with 36 F4F's, 18 SBD's and 36 TBF's (one of the TBF squadrons is for Wasp which currently has an understrength TBD squadron). Wasp with a fast BB will go directly to Samoa instead of Pearl. Formidable leaving Pearl in 1-2 days with a full complement of RN torpedo bombers but no F4F's. She will instead ferry an understrength SBD squadron.

Two USN carriers and one RN carrier headed for Wellington after the fruitless expedition into the Coral Sea. One prewar BB at Wellington and one more 1 week out in transit from San Francisco. 2 more repairing at Sydney but are 3 weeks out.

If the LYB's mean to take Fiji, they are going to have a fight on their hands.

Post #: 2721
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:48:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

3 days in SW Florida...4-5 hrs away I think.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 2722
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:49:56 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

3 days in SW Florida...4-5 hrs away I think.

It is about 5 hours. That's why I added the smiley.

Post #: 2723
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:51:17 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

Yorktown just left Pearl with 36 F4F's, 18 SBD's and 36 TBF's (one of the TBF squadrons is for Wasp which currently has an understrength TBD squadron). Wasp with a fast BB will go directly to Samoa instead of Pearl. Formidable leaving Pearl in 1-2 days with a full complement of RN torpedo bombers but no F4F's. She will instead ferry an understrength SBD squadron.

Two USN carriers and one RN carrier headed for Wellington after the fruitless expedition into the Coral Sea. One prewar BB at Wellington and one more 1 week out in transit from San Francisco. 2 more repairing at Sydney but are 3 weeks out.

They could all end up being targets. I'm just sayin'...........

Post #: 2724
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:58:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Matbe you should buy a Kindle? Oh wait, it's Christmas! Ask for one as a present

I suspect that, in lieu of a Kindle, Mandrake/Sprior would settle for a pool of 20 P-40Es for Christmas?

Post #: 2725
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 4:58:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

They could all end up being targets. I'm just sayin'...........

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty

Post #: 2726
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 10:10:59 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

A classic margarita is NOT a sissy drink because it is predominately sour and has salt on the rim.....which is macho. It is best to order in it a rock glass on the rocks because it makes you sound knowledgable. If you prefer it frozen in a margarita-style glass for a special occaision, that should be OK, just don't make a habit out of it and, for the love of Mary, don't use a straw.

A Caddilac margarita (with expensive tequilla +/1 a shot of Grand Marinier) is probably safe.

A stawberry margarita, on the other hand, is cause to call out the large animal vet for a gelding.

then i stand corrected...they were indeed "classic" cadillac's, therefore extremely manly and macho...these were in pint glasses (instead of "bucket" glasses) with salt on the rim which i guess makes them double manly and macho...

you avoided my original question...are you making this sh*t up about the divorced woman? i find it extremely hilarious, which i guess makes it even more probable to be truth...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

Post #: 2727
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 10:26:33 PM   
sprior

quote:

Ouch! That is a third of the tanks. Look at it this way. Our purpose was to stop the Imperiar Guard Division from bothering the Generalissimo. The operation is a stellar success!

It might be time to start going the other way.

- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 2728
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 10:30:27 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

It might be time to start going the other way.

Yes, quite. I propose we advance in the other direction. That ought to confuse the Little Yellow Bastards.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 2729
RE: When East meets West - 12/2/2010 10:42:59 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kwik E Mart
..you avoided my original question...are you making this sh*t up about the divorced woman? i find it extremely hilarious, which i guess makes it even more probable to be truth...

Widower, actually. They stayed married until all the kids were grown (20+ years) and then the poor bastard (or just bastard, depending on whether the story is true or not) died.

These facts are established:

1) There are 5 kids, 2 of which are said to look like the deceased husband

2) She (the peripatetic aunt) was apparently hot at one point.

3) The kids (now adults) believe they have different biological fathers

Not so sure about:

1) Orgasm during labor

2) The golf ball story

3) Upon exhumation, the husbands body was said to be radioactive with Polonium 210

Credulity in question:

1) She was pimped out to pay off gambling debts (this might be a cover story by the peripatetic aunt or might have embellished in family lore)

(in reply to Kwik E Mart)
Post #: 2730
Page:   <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Cheap Fiji vacations* Page: <<   < prev  89 90 [91] 92 93   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI