Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/6/2010 12:14:40 AM   
Mike Solli

Damian, I finally got Tracker to work. I had a heck of a time downloading a copy of Java. Finally got it done, uninstalled and reinstalled it and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Bliztk)
Post #: 1981
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/14/2010 6:52:56 AM   
n01487477

Nomad and Kull -

the latest DB patch has changed some names which causes a bit of a problem for your region-def files. I wonder while Floyd and I feverishly try to nail down the latest installment of tracker, if you might be willing to fix them. Only a few bases and if you don't have time ... I'll obviously do it.
Thanks
quote:

ERROR: base 824 name of <Ahmadabad> does not match the name in the import file (Ahmedabad)
ERROR: base 1157 name of <Pamakasan> does not match the name in the import file (Pamekasan)
ERROR: base 1162 name of <Tjilitjap> does not match the name in the import file (Tjilatjap)
ERROR: base 1212 name of <Aru Island> does not match the name in the import file (Dobo)
ERROR: base 1216 name of <Bintan> does not match the name in the import file (Tandjoengpinang)
ERROR: base 1220 name of <Den Passar> does not match the name in the import file (Denpasar)
ERROR: base 1228 name of <Kai Island> does not match the name in the import file (Kai-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1229 name of <Kalao Island> does not match the name in the import file (Kalao)
ERROR: base 1245 name of <Bunguran> does not match the name in the import file (Groot Natoena)
ERROR: base 1246 name of <Nias Island> does not match the name in the import file (Nias)
ERROR: base 1248 name of <Pagai Island> does not match the name in the import file (Pagai-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1250 name of <Raba> does not match the name in the import file (Bima)
ERROR: base 1251 name of <Roti Island> does not match the name in the import file (Roti)
ERROR: base 1253 name of <Sangihe> does not match the name in the import file (Sangi)
ERROR: base 1255 name of <Sawoe Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Sawoe-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1260 name of <Siberoet Island> does not match the name in the import file (Siberoet)
ERROR: base 1262 name of <Subi Island> does not match the name in the import file (Soebi-besar)
ERROR: base 1263 name of <Talaud Island> does not match the name in the import file (Talaud-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1265 name of <Tambelan Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Tambelan-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1266 name of <Tanahdjampea Island> does not match the name in the import file (Tanahdjampea)
ERROR: base 1269 name of <Tockangbesi Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Tockangbesi-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1270 name of <Waigeo Island> does not match the name in the import file (Waigeo)
ERROR: base 1271 name of <Waingapu> does not match the name in the import file (Waingapoe)
ERROR: base 1272 name of <Wetar Island> does not match the name in the import file (Wetar)
ERROR: base 1497 name of <Batoe Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Batoe-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1498 name of <Sipora Island> does not match the name in the import file (Sipora)
ERROR: base 1506 name of <Togian Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Togian-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1524 name of <Kragan> does not match the name in the import file (Tjepoe)
ERROR: cannot find base 1537 (Iki-shima) from import file.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 1982
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/14/2010 3:38:06 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Nomad and Kull -

the latest DB patch has changed some names which causes a bit of a problem for your region-def files. I wonder while Floyd and I feverishly try to nail down the latest installment of tracker, if you might be willing to fix them. Only a few bases and if you don't have time ... I'll obviously do it.
Thanks
quote:

ERROR: base 824 name of <Ahmadabad> does not match the name in the import file (Ahmedabad)
ERROR: base 1157 name of <Pamakasan> does not match the name in the import file (Pamekasan)
ERROR: base 1162 name of <Tjilitjap> does not match the name in the import file (Tjilatjap)
ERROR: base 1212 name of <Aru Island> does not match the name in the import file (Dobo)
ERROR: base 1216 name of <Bintan> does not match the name in the import file (Tandjoengpinang)
ERROR: base 1220 name of <Den Passar> does not match the name in the import file (Denpasar)
ERROR: base 1228 name of <Kai Island> does not match the name in the import file (Kai-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1229 name of <Kalao Island> does not match the name in the import file (Kalao)
ERROR: base 1245 name of <Bunguran> does not match the name in the import file (Groot Natoena)
ERROR: base 1246 name of <Nias Island> does not match the name in the import file (Nias)
ERROR: base 1248 name of <Pagai Island> does not match the name in the import file (Pagai-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1250 name of <Raba> does not match the name in the import file (Bima)
ERROR: base 1251 name of <Roti Island> does not match the name in the import file (Roti)
ERROR: base 1253 name of <Sangihe> does not match the name in the import file (Sangi)
ERROR: base 1255 name of <Sawoe Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Sawoe-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1260 name of <Siberoet Island> does not match the name in the import file (Siberoet)
ERROR: base 1262 name of <Subi Island> does not match the name in the import file (Soebi-besar)
ERROR: base 1263 name of <Talaud Island> does not match the name in the import file (Talaud-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1265 name of <Tambelan Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Tambelan-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1266 name of <Tanahdjampea Island> does not match the name in the import file (Tanahdjampea)
ERROR: base 1269 name of <Tockangbesi Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Tockangbesi-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1270 name of <Waigeo Island> does not match the name in the import file (Waigeo)
ERROR: base 1271 name of <Waingapu> does not match the name in the import file (Waingapoe)
ERROR: base 1272 name of <Wetar Island> does not match the name in the import file (Wetar)
ERROR: base 1497 name of <Batoe Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Batoe-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1498 name of <Sipora Island> does not match the name in the import file (Sipora)
ERROR: base 1506 name of <Togian Islands> does not match the name in the import file (Togian-eilanden)
ERROR: base 1524 name of <Kragan> does not match the name in the import file (Tjepoe)
ERROR: cannot find base 1537 (Iki-shima) from import file.

I'm just making an educated guess - that Scenario 28 names file might be a good starting place. My understanding is that it has all the bases of Scenario 1 plus a small number added.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1983
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/14/2010 5:22:14 PM   
beppi

I had a question a few weeks ago about devices and which unit uses them. I know that in the device overview you can see for every device which unit has got a specific device this turn.

Is it possible to add an overview or filter to the devices screen that you only see devices which where drawn during the last turn from the pool ? It is quite important to track exactly which units got which devices and to turn further replacements off. Escecialy if you split divisions for faster upgrade and try not to draw a device which is not very common to a part of the division (for example 6-pounder guns).

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1984
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/14/2010 5:33:47 PM   
floydg

Let me see what I can do about this, which does sound like a good idea.

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 1985
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/14/2010 6:04:20 PM   
USSAmerica

Great suggestion, beppi!  This is one of my main uses for Tracker as an Allied player.  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1986
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/15/2010 9:11:34 AM   
n01487477

My last coding ... cause I'm too exhausted to do anymore (Floyd will be happy). Not sure this will make it in as it is a work in progress (not tested a lot) ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 1987
Patch messing up ship damage? - 12/15/2010 11:39:55 PM   
floydg

If anyone applied the latest database patches and see that damaged weapon information is incorrect in WitPTracker, can you please let me know? I may be able to make a fix, depending on how convoluted it may be to fix it...

Thanks,

Floyd

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1988
RE: Patch messing up ship damage? - 12/16/2010 2:02:38 AM   
Nomad

Here is Nomad region file 6, updated as requested.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 1989
RE: Patch messing up ship damage? - 12/16/2010 10:32:06 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Ken - not sure you sent the right one... this still throws the same errors as these names are incorrectly spelled compared to the new patch versions.

Thanks again though

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1990
RE: Patch messing up ship damage? - 12/16/2010 12:15:20 PM   
Nomad

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

Ken - not sure you sent the right one... this still throws the same errors as these names are incorrectly spelled compared to the new patch versions.

Thanks again though

It is the right file. You would have to use it on a new game or a game in process that you accepted the database changes.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1991
RE: Patch messing up ship damage? - 12/17/2010 12:39:05 AM   
n01487477

That's strange cause I'm playing with 1106i and the file didn't work. The names according to the map and tracker were wrong when compared to the file. I'm working on a new save from 1106i - not an upgraded game.

I've redone it ... can you check it please.

[edit]Actually ... now I'm more confused than ever. Might reapply the patch..

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 12/17/2010 12:55:38 AM >

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 1992
RE: Patch messing up ship damage? - 12/17/2010 3:04:37 AM   
Nomad

Damian, that does not look like the file I sent, in fact it looks like the original region file 5 I gave you a long time ago.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1993
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 9:22:42 AM   
Moss Orleni

quote:

ORIGINAL: beppi

I had a question a few weeks ago about devices and which unit uses them. I know that in the device overview you can see for every device which unit has got a specific device this turn.

Is it possible to add an overview or filter to the devices screen that you only see devices which where drawn during the last turn from the pool ? It is quite important to track exactly which units got which devices and to turn further replacements off. Escecialy if you split divisions for faster upgrade and try not to draw a device which is not very common to a part of the division (for example 6-pounder guns).

Related to beppi's excellent suggestion, I have an additional request.

I quite often like to know which units (ships, LCUs, Air Groups) make use of a particular device. This is very helpful when deciding on the allocation of scarce devices (fi mines, ground equipment).

Would it be possible to include this in Tracker as well?

Cheers,
Moss

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 1994
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 9:43:17 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni
quote:

I quite often like to know which units (ships, LCUs, Air Groups) make use of a particular device. This is very helpful when deciding on the allocation of scarce devices (fi mines, ground equipment).

Cheers,
Moss

Hi Moss,
I thought we had LCU's covered with the devices history. I believe Floyd is taking care of Beppi's suggestion. I also will enhance the LCU production panel after this next 1.7 LCU Production Panel changes to take care of Beppi's request in a slightly different manner.

As for ships re mines - I guess that could be included later. We wanted to release a bug fix version a while ago, but I delayed that with a last minute code rush frenzy. And I think it fair to say we've both been snowed under with our respective jobs this year.

So as Floyd and I are "making a list and checking it twice" to deliver around the festive season (hopefully not after) ... I think people will find lots of goodies included in the next release and some nice surprises. Not everything everyone wanted - but a foundation for some of the future stuff to be worked upon too.

Enjoy your holidays

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
Post #: 1995
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 10:01:45 AM   
Moss Orleni

Hi Damian,

Thanks for the quick reply!
No problem, I'm looking forward to the upcoming release.
And for those devices, I'll just do it like before, ie filtering the relevant data table.

Cheers and enjoy your holidays as well,

Moss

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 1996
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 12:35:46 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moss Orleni

quote:

Cheers,
Moss

Moss -

Like Damian said, I'm trying to address a feature which would show which devices had an LCU draw the last turn.

What you're looking for is already there for LCUs. Select a device in the Devices panel and then select the Pool History button at the bottom. This will show which LCUs use that device.

This is only implemented for LCUs, since ships and aircraft don't draw from the device pool (except for mines, which is a major headache, since they come in as ship ammo, which we don't look at/store; and if we did, the database could expand too much).

Floyd

(in reply to Moss Orleni)
Post #: 1997
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 12:43:59 PM   
floydg

quote:

Quick question: do fragments draw devices?

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 1998
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 7:31:16 PM   
floydg

quote:

So this is what I was able to implement. Added a new column (Draw) which indicates how many devices were drawn by LCUs (you can sort on this, so you'll see which had a draw). Then you can look at the Pool History for that device, sort by Delta and see who got what.

The limitations at present are: doesn't check fragments for draw, doesn't distinguish between LCU's drawing devices and LCU's merging/combining.

Floyd

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by floydg -- 12/18/2010 7:37:45 PM >

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 1999
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 9:19:07 PM   
beppi

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

So this is what I was able to implement. Added a new column (Draw) which indicates how many devices were drawn by LCUs (you can sort on this, so you'll see which had a draw). Then you can look at the Pool History for that device, sort by Delta and see who got what.

The limitations at present are: doesn't check fragments for draw, doesn't distinguish between LCU's drawing devices and LCU's merging/combining.

Floyd

Wow looks nice, one question regading to fragments, will it work when a split a division (A/B/C) part ?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2000
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/18/2010 10:02:00 PM   
USSAmerica

Looks very useful, Floyd!  Thanks!  

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 2001
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 1:30:20 AM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

Floyd

Wow looks nice, one question regading to fragments, will it work when a split a division (A/B/C) part ?

Split units should work; fragments, currently no.

(in reply to beppi)
Post #: 2002
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 10:36:44 AM   
Tullius

deleted

< Message edited by Tullius -- 12/19/2010 10:37:47 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2003
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 10:50:41 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

I don't think LCU fragments draw replacements as they don't have a real TOE to draw against.

Michael

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2004
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 3:55:06 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

quote:

I don't think LCU fragments draw replacements as they don't have a real TOE to draw against.

I have never seen a fragment draw replacements.

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 2005
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 4:47:38 PM   
ny59giants

Now that we have the Beta Patch, I expect an update here after the Giants beat the Eagles today.

Right Floyd?!?

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2006
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 7:49:23 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Now that we have the Beta Patch, I expect an update here after the Giants beat the Eagles today.

Right Floyd?!?

We'll give you a little time to keep doing the Vick Sack Dance (x3 so far). The patch snuck up on us, but we have something undergoing some testing now and then we'll release.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 2007
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 7:50:44 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

quote:

I have never seen a fragment draw replacements.

Cool. Then I think I got that bit of code right.

Thanks!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 2008
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/19/2010 9:24:16 PM   
Zorch

NY59Giants - sorry, there is no joy in the Meadowlands today.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2009
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! - 12/21/2010 12:34:34 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

NY59Giants - sorry, there is no joy in the Meadowlands today.

Not signing up for the Matt Dodge Fan Club this week...

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 2010
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.6.1 Available! Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI