Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Vanished Option

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Vanished Option Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Vanished Option - 12/24/2010 5:14:07 PM   
Bandersnatch

I'm new to Distant worlds and am a bit overwhelmed by the size and scope of the whole thing. I'm well into a game and have been building capitol ships for a while; now the option to build that ship has vanished. What'd I do--run out of some needed component??
Post #: 1
RE: Vanished Option - 12/24/2010 6:12:16 PM   
Krob

There are two things that come to mind... Either you've accidentally set it to be obsolete or you've upgraded it and it's put it over your maximum construction size. If you switch your ship designer to show all ships, make sure the latest design doesn't have a red asterisk at the end and then edit it and make sure it doesn't have a size warning at the top.

K

(in reply to Bandersnatch)
Post #: 2
RE: Vanished Option - 12/24/2010 9:24:39 PM   
Bandersnatch

I goofed up. Since I began playing, the ship build list always had Capitol just above the troop ship at the bottom of the list. Now its moved to just under explorer at the top of the list. It's the first time there has been a change. I'll be more observant in the future.

Since I'm here, One thing I am curious about, that I can't find in Galactopedia, is how the curser can change to an arrow pointing at a world, and change to an arrow pointing to a troop symbol. and then to a yellow oval. I suspect it has something to do with taking a colony. I hate to be a pest, but I want to learn the game. thanks much.

(in reply to Krob)
Post #: 3
RE: Vanished Option - 12/25/2010 1:28:44 AM   
Spacecadet

If you have a ship capable of carrying troops and you move the Mouse over a planet a few things can happen.

If you have no troops onboard and there are troops on the planet it should say Load Troops (yellow text).
If you have max troops onboard and hover over the planet it should say Unload Troops.
If you have troops onboard and hover over an enemy planet you should get a red circle & crosshair to attack.

(in reply to Bandersnatch)
Post #: 4
RE: Vanished Option - 12/25/2010 8:32:23 PM   
Bandersnatch

Gotcha! Many thanks. I expect to be around for a while, especially reading all the other posts. Later, Bandersnatch.

(in reply to Spacecadet)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Vanished Option Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI